◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
A supper Congratulations to TEX!, the overall with a pole, two wins and two seconds!
Way to go my friend!!!

Thank you, Chat
Your patient instruction, tips and encouragement over the last year - has been "above and beyond". Always appreciate your help, and your friendship.
TEX

Hello everyone, you seem like a very professional and friendly community, so I'd like to ask if i could join your league. :)

Hi ThePDTX,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in a visitors message here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hello everyone, you seem like a very professional and friendly community, so I'd like to ask if i could join your league. :)

Another Portuguese member! Pretty soon we'll take over this joint! :dopey:

Welcome to the best racing on GT5! 👍

To any available Stewards,

Please stop by the Steward's forum and add your review. There is only one, so it shouldn't take up very much time.

Thank you.

Where from?

Central NJ. . . :dopey: I was actually born in Oeiras which is just outside of Lisbon. Parents came over when I was 2 so I pretty much grew up here. We still speak it when my side of the family is together.... just don't ask me to write you an essay.. :dopey:

The round cells were all about matched and zapped packs. Cycle them night before to amp them up.

When we switched to lipo's that all went away. You charge them and go. No tricks no fuss. Peak power for entire charge. Well they use a voltage cut off. But basically 90% power at this point.

I used to race carpet oval 1/10 RC10 converted to dirt oval then carpet oval banked , 1/10 Scale Pan car aka straight axle, summer of 1/10 off road dirt. Then I got my license. Took two years off. Built a Losi with a RC10 front end. Destroyed the banked dirt oval and was so fast they made a rule that banned my modded car. I got mad and said F U and sold off my stuff. Started building street strip cars. Then in 2004 locally they opened a 1/18th scale carpet flat oval. We raced RC18's stock motors. Then modified with carbon fiber left hand only chassis, brushless and lipo. As well built a 1/18 Scalpel straight axle. Races it one night. Lapped entire field. Nobody showed up with theirs after that. So wasted money. Switched it from 4 cell to a 7.4v Lipo and did exhibition runs. Had fastest lap by a few seconds. LoL. Also held fastest lap with RC18 stock and modified. Summer time they raced 1/5th scales. I drag raced real cars. We lost one of our main racers and they never started carpet racing again. Another guy did an 1/18th off road track indoors. Ran there that winter with a Vendetta and won every race. He ran out if money and closed up. I was given the clay from track. Used our tractor and cleaned out his building in trade. Built a little track at home. Ran that summer for fun. Then got real serious about drag racing aka grudge style for cash. Sold off all my RC's. I have two micro heli's and few micro t's is all now. Blades twin rotor micro and their fixed pitch single blade micro. Got into sim racing and haven't desired RC racing since.

I'd like to get my hands on a RC8E though. Beastly and strong. Buddy built a wicked track in his yard. So might bite the bullet this next spring if he is still racing them there. ;)

I've got pics of most recent stuff. 1/18th scale had several and did lots of paint work. Got paid to paint 1/5th scale bodies too. If you'd like to see them I can post them.

OwensRacing
The round cells were all about matched and zapped packs. Cycle them night before to amp them up.

When we switched to lipo's that all went away. You charge them and go. No tricks no fuss. Peak power for entire charge. Well they use a voltage cut off. But basically 90% power at this point.

I used to race carpet oval 1/10 RC10 converted to dirt oval then carpet oval banked , 1/10 Scale Pan car aka straight axle, summer of 1/10 off road dirt. Then I got my license. Took two years off. Built a Losi with a RC10 front end. Destroyed the banked dirt oval and was so fast they made a rule that banned my modded car. I got mad and said F U and sold off my stuff. Started building street strip cars. Then in 2004 locally they opened a 1/18th scale carpet flat oval. We raced RC18's stock motors. Then modified with carbon fiber left hand only chassis, brushless and lipo. As well built a 1/18 Scalpel straight axle. Races it one night. Lapped entire field. Nobody showed up with theirs after that. So wasted money. Switched it from 4 cell to a 7.4v Lipo and did exhibition runs. Had fastest lap by a few seconds. LoL. Also held fastest lap with RC18 stock and modified. Summer time they raced 1/5th scales. I drag raced real cars. We lost one of our main racers and they never started carpet racing again. Another guy did an 1/18th off road track indoors. Ran there that winter with a Vendetta and won every race. He ran out if money and closed up. I was given the clay from track. Used our tractor and cleaned out his building in trade. Built a little track at home. Ran that summer for fun. Then got real serious about drag racing aka grudge style for cash. Sold off all my RC's. I have two micro heli's and few micro t's is all now. Blades twin rotor micro and their fixed pitch single blade micro. Got into sim racing and haven't desired RC racing since.

I'd like to get my hands on a RC8E though. Beastly and strong. Buddy built a wicked track in his yard. So might bite the bullet this next spring if he is still racing them there. ;)

I've got pics of most recent stuff. 1/18th scale had several and did lots of paint work. Got paid to paint 1/5th scale bodies too. If you'd like to see them I can post them.

I got into rc cars and planes over the last few years. I usually bring my losi short course truck on the road with me for longer trips and find some local tracks to go racing at. I'm not all that good yet but it's fun. If I don't bring the truck with me I'll bring or buy a plane with me. It's a fun hobby.

My 1/10 truck is a Losi SCTE 2.0 TLR. Fastest thing around my area. Damn nice handling truck.

Next Xmas might get a 1/8 Losi buggy so my son and I can drive the track at the same time.

Found an indoor carpet off road track within 35mins that was fun. I liked not having to clean dirt and clay off the truck. But my truck is a bull in a china shop there. 1/10 2wd buggies are the fastest things there. Light and no need for 4wd on carpet. I like the big jumps and natural outdoor environment but being able to just show up and not have to clean or fix anything can be nice from time to time.

Owens...how much do you charge for paint work? I'm terrible at it :)

Last edited:
My 1/10 truck is a Losi SCTE 2.0 TLR. Fastest thing around my area. Damn nice handling truck.

Next Xmas might get a 1/8 Losi buggy so my son and I can drive the track at the same time.

Owens...how much do you charge for paint work? I'm terrible at it :)

I'd do you up for free. You cover material.

Some of my paint work all rattle can:
DSCN4297.jpg

P1010329.jpg

dettalside.jpg

•

Skull is clear to show off the blue anodized parts and brushless motor
MQback.jpg

MQfront.jpg

MQside.jpg

•

02220721201.jpg

P1000682.jpg

P1000891.jpg

Last edited:
Well that is an offer I cannot refuse :)

Send me your address and I can send you a couple bodies. My friend owns a hobby shop and gives me cost on anything...if you need something let me know.

Great stuff!

I started doing free flight planes (balsa and tissue) about 10-15 years ago. I have access to the school gym - 1 basketball court - before or after school, and the softball or soccer field. We are only a couple miles from Washington//Dulles, so I have to use the Spectrum style transmitters. I started with almost ready to fly (arf) when I did RC, but now I generally either scratch build or use a retro free flight design and then convert to RC.

I saw some starter RC cars, 1/10 street cars, and I think 1/14 trucks. Did not want to buy junk, so I held off. That may change... This sounds fun. ;-)

Funny how much we all have in common. I used to road race a traxxis nitro rc car, and one of my first big builds projects when I was young was building an rc plane. It was all balsa that was scored, but I had to finish cutting, gluing the whole thing together, fiber glassed it. The whole 9. My third flight I crashed it, broke a wing, prop and wrecked the fuselage. Haven't made another since. I've been contemplating getting into rc heli's though. Those are a lot of fun too.

On a different note, looks like datsun is making a comeback, though it looks like nissan won't be letting them have a Z car.

Last edited:
Sure are...
Bowler, Ownes, youz two were the ones rocking the awesome color change right? Do you still have some since the update? I guess the patch was to remove all of the hidden stuff in the game, tires, turbos about stage 3, same with weight reduction etc. I'm wondering if that paint chip got axed as well. If not, can I ask one of you to send me one so I can start duping it?

Last edited:
Nmcp... im really close from Oeiras right now :) i'm in Sintra.
The elise RM choice..... one comment.... AGAIN? Like i said, we keep repeating cars instead of trying new stuff.

Back