◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,789 comments
The elise RM choice..... one comment.... AGAIN? Like i said, we keep repeating cars instead of trying new stuff.

I guess I see both sides of this discussion on novelty vs quality. In my opinion, many of the cars (not all) we have not yet raced are either quite gutless, identical with little to no painting to differentiate them, or are high to very high PP.

Any one of these three attributes usually is unpopular with a decent chunk of SNAIL, at least based on comments in the forum and lobbies, and I would personally prefer to run a combo that is fast, not crazy powerful (aka sloppy races, inadvertent crashes, and race-ending wipeouts), and may be one we have done before.

Novelty for novelty's sake is just not a good enough reason to call it good racing, I think. But recycling combos just because we liked it before can be too 'safe.'. A little new sometimes, or a little good, even if familiar. Both are OK in moderation, I suppose.

I dunno...there are some seriously good and unique cars on that list...allow me to list a few of my favorites (that can be painted and are different from what has come before) in case people don't want to go to all the trouble of looking them up:

430 Scuderia
SP1
High End G37
NSX Type R '02
4200R Concept
LFA
Nismo 270R and 400R
Fairlady Z S Tune and Version S (Z33)...This car is so easy and neutral to drive...crazy it has never been chosen.
FT-86 Concept '09 (at 444pp it is a lot different than the '10 at 483pp)
Celica M and Trial cars.

Take a look next time Prize A and B winners get a chance.

Division 4 data has been completed!

Due to an oversight the final points have changed. I was led to believe there was a different pole winner in the last round. After watching the replays, it appears that GTP_XR_RACER_11 collected the pole point for the last round and that puts him as the un-official winner for the night by 1 point. Sorry for the mistake!

Sorry for the delay guys, but cheeb just pointed out to me that this affected the Prize B winner! :ouch:

I've updated the results post and will be sending GTP_XR_RACER_11 a PM to make sure he knows that we're waiting on him for a pick.

Good list, Joe.

Some are a bit higher in PP than I personally prefer, but they are generally less than the high 500's plateau that seems to get sloppy for more than just me.

I would love to join S.N.A.I.L, Please let me know if you have any available spots in the future.

Regards, Jamie / aka diehard racer

No worries about being forgotten, skillz should be along shortly to get you squared away. In the mean time take a look at the first page and the color/number combo link in my signature.

Can someone please tell me where i can choose my car color and number? because I can only find the chart with the already chosen ones. Also, will I need a mic on Sunday? Because i don'r have one.

Can someone please tell me where i can choose my car color and number? because I can only find the chart with the already chosen ones. Also, will I need a mic on Sunday? Because i don'r have one.

Post your choice here and it will be added to the list. You are not required to have a mic, just keep your ears open for any instructions that are given over the mic. If you have a USB keyboard, you can plug it in to be able to respond faster than typing with the controller.

Post your choice here and it will be added to the list. You are not required to have a mic, just keep your ears open for any instructions that are given over the mic. If you have a USB keyboard, you can plug it in to be able to respond faster than typing with the controller.

Ok, thanks. :)

I'm probably doing something wrong, but when I try to post my color and number choice, this message appears: "Sorry, ThePDTX, you do not have permission to access this section or feature of the site." ... Sorry for being a pain, but can someone please help me? :/

I'm probably doing something wrong, but when I try to post my color and number choice, this message appears: "Sorry, ThePDTX, you do not have permission to access this section or feature of the site." ... Sorry for being a pain, but can someone please help me? :/

Try sending a PM to Rallywagon instead or post it here and I'll post it for you.

Good list, Joe.

Some are a bit higher in PP than I personally prefer, but they are generally less than the high 500's plateau that seems to get sloppy for more than just me.

Ironically, Joes list probably has the best handling cars for 500+. Can't believe snail hasn't run the g37, so much traction in that car I think pd broke it putting it in the game. Fan of the sp1 and scud also

Last edited:
I do not disagree, 2armed, I like them as well. I think I see more problems across several divisions (incidents) as well as the field becoming significantly more spread out (not close racing) the higher the PP.

Higher PP does separate the wheat from the chaff. If that is good for many, so be it. ;-). I know where I stand in those groups at the moment.

I would love to join S.N.A.I.L, Please let me know if you have any available spots in the future.

Regards, Jamie / aka diehard racer

diehard racer,

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in a visitors message here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Does anyone know if there is a certain time frame our post count before someone can post on anothers wall? This is the fourth time sometimes had this same issue. Perhaps I should start a thread instead.

Is the S2000 LM on Race Hard?

Just a guess, but I think it looks like, in order:

Lotus Elise RM '96 (Premium purchase, race modified in the GT Auto, then broken in), 135 hp/478 PP, Racing Hard tires
@ Circuito de Madrid -7 laps

Honda S2000 LM Race Car (OCD/oil change/Racing Hard Tires), 331 hp/508 PP
@ Tokyo R246 Reverse -6 laps

Camaro LM Race Car (OCD / oil change /Racing Medium tires), 622 hp/636 PP
@ Fuji GT - 7 laps

Last edited:
The elise RM choice..... one comment.... AGAIN? Like i said, we keep repeating cars instead of trying new stuff.

I wasn't a part of snail when this car was run and I had to pick from others suggestions so I didn't have a lot to choose from.

Since we're all feeling the rc love I might as well chip in. I've always had some form of an rc car. Mostly the crappy $50 ones you find at the toy store, but I would mod them to make em a little better. Waterproofing being the main thing. Over the years I've gathered quite the collection of toys and my plan is to strip them of their parts and. Make my own aluminum framed buggy out of the mess. Honestly I don't give a crap if it's a piece of crap I'm just in it for the build time and to see if I can. Other than that I have a yiboosoo (?) mini helicopter that was a blast to fly until I bent the shaft in a crash... I could repair it, but I'd have to fight the crowd at a mall, get lost in said mall, find the rc kiosk, and convey through a language barrier that I need the main shaft. It's only a $2 part, but I don't want to spend two hours of my time for a cheap little heli.

I have had a recent interest in the micro (both in size and price) cars. Something I can chase the cat around the house with you know. Anyone have a good one to recommend? I'd prefer a kit if possible and if it could be an electric crawler I'd be in heaven :dopey:

Something for the house. Losi has their 1/24 Scale trucks. They come RTR but with the aftermarket you will be tearing it down and adding parts. So basically get the kit feeling.

1/18th just to much for inside the house. IMO.

These two would be perfect option. I'd step them up with lipo's and brushless motor. Possible axle, diffs, and gears. Do a full bearing kit if it isn't already. The little sucker on a 3s lipo and say a 6000kv motor would clip 50-60mph with ease. Normal usage I'd run a 2S lipo.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0244T1

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0238T1

In all honesty. This http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/blade-mcx2-rtf-EFLH2400

Would be awesome to have indoors and tease cat or dog. I have this and the fixed pitch single rotor. The single isn't suited for inside use and requires a high skill level. The Coaxial aka double blade is so simple, stable, and hours and hours worth of fun. Order about three extra battery packs. On extremely calm days these can flown outside and are fun. Indoors you can land on your hand. Hover in someone's face. On their head. It's so stable and controllable.

As well the controls are exactly what the higher skill levels use. Difference is the double blade stops the movements and lets it center. Where single blades constantly require stock movement to keep them stable. Tip single forward and it takes off. Lets of stick and it still goes. Double will stop and hover.

Oh and durable as it gets. I've bounced off walls, piled into ground. Dog jumped up and grabbed it mid flight.

Man in gonna charge my packs and get to flying mine again. ;)

Last edited:
DJones
Since we're all feeling the rc love I might as well chip in. I've always had some form of an rc car. Mostly the crappy $50 ones you find at the toy store, but I would mod them to make em a little better. Waterproofing being the main thing. Over the years I've gathered quite the collection of toys and my plan is to strip them of their parts and. Make my own aluminum framed buggy out of the mess. Honestly I don't give a crap if it's a piece of crap I'm just in it for the build time and to see if I can. Other than that I have a yiboosoo (?) mini helicopter that was a blast to fly until I bent the shaft in a crash... I could repair it, but I'd have to fight the crowd at a mall, get lost in said mall, find the rc kiosk, and convey through a language barrier that I need the main shaft. It's only a $2 part, but I don't want to spend two hours of my time for a cheap little heli.

I have had a recent interest in the micro (both in size and price) cars. Something I can chase the cat around the house with you know. Anyone have a good one to recommend? I'd prefer a kit if possible and if it could be an electric crawler I'd be in heaven :dopey:

Losi has a few ones you could get. I used one in my wedding to bring the rings to where we were standing with the ring bearers chasing it. My father in law built a ramp for it to drive up. It was pretty cool.

Something for the house. Losi has their 1/24 Scale trucks. They come RTR but with the aftermarket you will be tearing it down and adding parts. So basically get the kit feeling.

These two would be perfect option. I'd step them up with lipo's and brushless motor. Possible axle, diffs, and gears. Do a full bearing kit if it isn't already. The little sucker on a 3s lipo and say a 6000kv motor would clip 50-60mph with ease. Normal usage I'd run a 2S lipo.

In all honesty. This http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/blade-mcx2-rtf-EFLH2400

Would be awesome to have indoors and tease cat or dog. I have this and the fixed pitch single rotor. The single isn't suited for inside use and requires a high skill level. The Coaxial aka double blade is so simple, stable, and hours and hours worth of fun. Order about three extra battery packs. On extremely calm days these can flown outside and are fun. Indoors you can land on your hand. Hover in someone's face. On their head. It's so stable and controllable.

As well the controls are exactly what the higher skill levels use. Difference is the double blade stops the movements and lets it center. Where single blades constantly require stock movement to keep them stable. Tip single forward and it takes off. Lets of stick and it still goes. Double will stop and hover.

Oh and durable as it gets. I've bounced off walls, piled into ground. Dog jumped up and grabbed it mid flight.

Man in gonna charge my packs and get to flying mine again. ;)

I'm pretty sure you just sold the second truck 👍 Thanks for the help!

Losi has a few ones you could get. I used one in my wedding to bring the rings to where we were standing with the ring bearers chasing it. My father in law built a ramp for it to drive up. It was pretty cool.

You are now officially the coolest person in the room.

The round cells were all about matched and zapped packs. Cycle them night before to amp them up.

When we switched to lipo's that all went away. You charge them and go. No tricks no fuss. Peak power for entire charge. Well they use a voltage cut off. But basically 90% power at this point.

Did some research on these lipo's you mentioned, and by "research" I mean I looked them up on Wikipedia and read the 'Radio controlled equipment' section. :P

Seems pretty intriguing (if not expensive), but if they're as convenient and maintenance-free (and better performing) as you say they are, then I supposed they'd be worth the extra cost. 👍 However, I'm not exactly sure how I'd mount these brick-shaped batteries to my cars. All of my electric cars have "slots" cut out of the chassis to hold the round cells in place so that I can just secure them down with tape or velcro. With lipo's being the new standard for the RC hobby, did the RC companies have to redesign their cars to account for these different shaped batteries? Or are they somehow design the new models to hold either/or?

Last edited:
Check out Max Amps website and see what packs they have designed for your specific vehicle. Also grab a decent charger. That can balance the cells. You will want to charge these in a Kevlar lipo sack. Unlike round cells. These dont really explode they more so burst into flames. Rounds however can explode like small bombs. Both have risks.

They really are nothing to fear. I've never had an issue but I also take the time to ensure proper charge and care.

I also know a guy with a CNC shop that could make a fancy aluminum box can house the pack. Beings they are much much lighter the box could bring the balance back some. Considering the vehicle was balanced with round cells in mind.

Back