ToCA9 - Final Standings And A Final Thank You.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,903 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax to Infiniti, new 2-person Audi team coming as well. Entries are full.

OK here are our details for all others to see

P1K3Y_M1K3Y / 1066 Racing / Audi
Dj_Repetition / 1066 Racing / Audi

and am about to join for a test

👍

Jamsy and Brandofo will be teaming up this season in the Audi.

Details on car color, rims, and team name will be updated later tonight after the session.

1. Good to see us racing again, loved it.
2. Jesus christ there will be some huge accidents on lap 1, those Cape esses claimed around 6 victims tonight.
3. Couple people need to tidy up badly.
4. Golf sucks on straight. This week was always gonna be weakest, just gonna have to weather the storm.

Furinkazen
First lap, first sector is going to be scary as hell.

All laps, all sectors going to be scary as hell in S.S. Skyline with all the understeer. I honestly hate this track. There's absolutely no flow. All I can do is chuck the car in and hope it sticks.

Last edited:
Good test tonight, had fun and done OK in the races having had no test time at all before tonight (even entered room on default setup :nervous: )

I am aware that one of the drivers that needs to sort himself out is my team mate and wont bore you all with his excuses :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have had a word and is going to try to sort the breaking issue before tomorrows race :) looking forward to it 👍

TOCA9 RACE PREVIEW

ROUNDS: 1/2/3
TRACK LAYOUT: South
TRACK LENGTH: 2.01 Miles
RACE LAPS: Heat 7, Main 15.

picture.php

Cape Ring plays host to the start of the final season of the current TOCA era. And yet for all the seasons it has been in, it remains a major challenge. From the start it's a short burst into a tightening uphill hairpin, you got be very careful at race starts not to understeer off the road or into someone on cold tyres. Then you guide your car through into turn 2, a right hander that slopes away sharply. You have to have your car lined up for the Esses, a banked left-right-left flick that looks simple but one slight move offline and you are on the grass and going to have a huge accident.

Exit of sector 1, and turn 5, a turn I simply call "Clifftop", no run off on the outside, clip inside kerb around 75mph and hope you don't hit that wall, it will make or break a lap. Then braking sharply for turn 6, a hairpin which again you have to be careful of running out wide and clipping the kerbs. Turn 7, the Banking, a high speed ride, flat to the floor, the car starts to feel light at high speeds. Then off the gas slightly for Turn 8, a quick flick left and then Turn 9 follows, a right hand flick off the gas on the brakes from high speed, running all the way up to the kerb. Get the car straightened out and slowed down for Turn 10, the last hairpin, and watch traffic and the pit wall. And you've just survived a lap of Cape Ring in under 80 seconds.

DRIVERS STATEMENT FROM FURINKAZEN:

I was disappointed last night with a couple of you (you know who you are!), and expect better. Zoom your map in to get a better idea of whats around you, navigating the Esses is hellish with two cars, fitting 16 will be tough. Races are not won on Lap 1, and if you punt someone off you will be at very high risk of a penalty. Any complaints send to me on GTPlanet ONLY, I will not review angry PSN messages or Skype messages. All in all, use your head, stay cool, and enjoy tonight. Here's to the start of the final season,

Furi :cheers: :gtpflag:

👍

Am really looking forward to it mate :)

Just hope i make through the heat race :nervous:

Have not played gt5 for over a month struggling to get used to the physics again haha. Also what is a good time for cape?

Have not played gt5 for over a month struggling to get used to the physics again haha. Also what is a good time for cape?

Quali laps have been in the 1:18s mostly.

Furi, I have decided that Jamsy and I will be driving a black Audi with stock rims under the team name Chomsky Motorsports.

Jamsy, my wheels will be red and you can choose any color rims you like. I am using the stock black color when you buy a black Audi TT for the car color. I believe it is called "obsidianschwartz" or something like that.

Good luck to everyone tonight.

Best time so far remains 18.4. It looks worrying.

EDIT: Free practice in my lounge btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back