ToCA9 - Final Standings And A Final Thank You.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,903 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
~GTP's #1 TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP~

Welcome to TOCA9 - The 9th season of top class touring car action on GTPlanet, and the final season on GRAN TURISMO 5!
Season 1 ~ Season 2 ~ Season 3 ~ Season 4.1 ~ Season 4.2 ~ Season 5 ~ Season 6 ~ Season 7 ~ Season 8

~PREVIOUS WINNERS~
Season 1 - Driftking18594 (Overall)
Season 2 - Driftking18594 (Overall)
Season 3 - Sumo098 (Overall, Independents), Team MRT (Teams)
Season 4 - GTP_DaxCobra (Overall), GTP_PaulMac (Independents), VenoMMotorsports (Teams)
Season 5 - Spurgy777 (Overall), JoeOfTheFire (Independents), DeathByCarbon Racing (Teams), Volvo (Makes)
Season 6 - Spurgy777 (Overall), ChrisJohnson93 (Independents), Team RPM (Teams), Volvo (Makes)
Season 7 - Spurgy777 (Overall), Yeratel84 (Independents), Team RPM (Teams), Mazda (Makes)

Season 8 - Smuffyatcp (Overall), GTPanoz (Independents), Team RPM (Teams), Volkswagen (Makes)

Last edited:

~Races are held Saturdays nights, with room open from 7pm UK time through to 9.30pm.~

~To compete make sure you have "Furinkazen" on your friends list - it is an open lobby and drivers who I do not know will be asked to leave and kicked if necessary!~

~Grip Reduction is set to Real~

~Damage is Light~

~Mics are OFF to reduce lag~

~All driving aids except ABS at 1 are disallowed.~

~Draft is Weak~

~Penalties are off.~

~Fuel Use and Tyre Wear is off.~

~TOCA9 uses a pre-qualifying system in order to make sure the best drivers on the grid are present at each round.~

~The Top 12 in the championship points are “locked in” and guaranteed a place in the lobby.~

~The rest of the entries have to be in the lobby when it opens at 7pm for a short "Heat Race", the top 4 in that will make it into the main three races.~

~If anyone of the Top 12 is known not be present before race night, that opens up another quali slot..~

~If not enough people turn up for the "Heat Race" it is skipped and practise continues up to main qualifying at 7.50pm.

~Timetable will be as follows: 7pm, Race Room Opens. 7.25pm Heat Race. 7:50pm Qualifying for 10 minutes. 8pm Race 1. 5 min break between races for Race 2. 5 min break between races for Race 3.~

~Race’s will be run from a standing start.~

~Race 2 and 3 are Reverse Grid events.~

~Set-up changes between races are allowed.~

~This is touring car’s so bumping, rubbing and small taps are par for the course. But excessive and deliberate moves across half the track to take someone out are disallowed. Remember – be hard but fair. TOCA9 Stewards will review incidents post race and take appropriate action.~

~BTCC points system of We will use the BTCC Points System: 1st – 20 points; 2nd – 17; 3rd – 15; 4th – 13; 5th – 11; 6th – 10; 7th – 9; 8th – 8; 9th – 7; 10th – 6; 11th – 5; 12th – 4; 13th – 3; 14th – 2; 15th – 1. Pts will count for all 24 TOCA SEASON 6 Races~

~Foul language in the lobby and / or other negative conduct will result in points deductions and bans.~

~You are NOT allowed to swap cars during the course of the season. Prior to the Season Start please make sure you have decided your car / team, and passed the information on to me.~

~Rage-quitters who earn cheap poles subsequently will be penalised. If you wish to stop, pull over off the road at a safe place out the way. However if you DC you will NOT be penalised and forced to move over - it will count as a normal DNF.

~Mid race chat is largely prohibited. Writing down "sorry" is considered fine, but ranting and writing "why did you not wait for me to enter?" or "****ing stupid backmarker!!!" is prohibited.~

Last edited:

~ONLY PARTS THAT ARE MARKED ON THE TUNING SHEET ARE REQUIRED - PARTS WITH AN "O" ARE OPTIONAL - ANYONE FOUND WITH ILLEGAL PARTS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED ON THE SPOT!~

~IF YOU ARE PART OF A TWO CAR TEAM YOU MUST USE THE PAINTED CARBON BONNET. INDEPENDENTS MUST USE THE BLACK CARBON BONNET~

~CARS WITH TURBO UNITS AVAILABLE CAN USE ANY OF THE THREE TURBO KITS - LOW / MID / HIGH RPM KIT. THEY MUST HAVE ONE OF THESE KITS INSTALLED.

EACH MAKE IS RESTRICTED TO A MAXIMUM OF 4 CARS ON THE GRID

Last edited:

TOCA9 is 24 races, over 8 weeks.

Upcoming Pre Season Test Schedules:

Monza 9th July Test Result
Grand Valley East Reverse 12th July
Fuji 16th July
HSR 19th July
Indianapolis 23rd July
Spa 26th July
Nurburgring 30th July
Cape Ring South 1st August
Cape Ring South LAUNCH NIGHT 2nd August

R1/2/3 - Cape Ring South - 15 Laps 3rd August
TOCA kicks off the season opener at the difficult and tight Cape Ring Inside layout.

R4/5/6 - Monza - 9 Laps 10 August
TOCA's at full speed around the historic Monza for round 2, with rain showers a chance.

R7/8/9 - Grand Valley East Reverse - 17 Laps 17 August
TOCA returns to the small eastern layout of GVE for Week 3.

R10/11/12 - Fuji GT - 12 Laps 24 August
TOCA9's half way mark will be reached in the shadow of Mount Fuji.

R13/14/15 - High Speed Ring - 17 laps 31 August
HSR kicks off the second half of the season is a slipstreaming classic.

R16/17/18 - Indianapolis Road Course. - 12 Laps 7 September
Indianapolis hosts the american leg of the TOCA season.

R19/20/21 - Spa - 7 Laps 14 September
The treacherous Spa circuit returns as the penultimate event of TOCA.

R22/23/24 - Nurburgring GP/D - 12 Laps 21 September
As always, the Nurburgring hosts the grand finale of TOCA - TOCA9 is no exception.

Last edited:
DRIVERS STANDINGS:

INDEPENDENTS STANDINGS:

TEAMS STANDINGS

MAKES STANDINGS

Last edited:
Welcome all! Furi's got an RPM-VW Golf here as the TOCA battleship sets sail for the final time!

I'm in but probably won't make it every week. Ford please 👍

Unlikely to Monza troll this season without 4WD :sly:

:lol: only up to 5 of each make allowed, there's 10 to pick from, being generous for the final season.

Random fact - only the Nissan has not won a TOCA race. Every other one of the 9 cars has.

Maybe won't be 100% active at all times, but I'm still interested!
Please do put us down for the almighty Golf - please! :D

I'll come test in a bit and find out - don't expect me lighting up the time sheets tonight though... but with time I should get closer :)

Any teams looking for a new driver?

Last edited:
I'm taking the Golf for now.

Room open Plux, and to anyone else who wants to give the cars a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back