◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
JLBowler
I have reviewed all posted incidents. All I can say is wow. I think we need to issue a test based on the OLR before anyone is allowed to drive in SNAIL. Some of the things I see week in and week out just leave me shaking my head.

That's an awesome idea. Can something like Survey Monkey be used?

On another note. I'm sending my G27 in for exchange tonight. Not sure I'll get it back in time for the start of the next season. I do happen to have a very old dfpro someone gave me a couple years back. It's gonna have to do for the next few weeks.

Trying to put something together on Survery Monkey to see if it works.

@stewards...send me a PM of any questions you want added to the survey.

Last edited:
That's an awesome idea. Can something like Survey Monkey be used?

On another note. I'm sending my G27 in for exchange tonight. Not sure I'll get it back in time for the start of the next season. I do happen to have a very old dfpro someone gave me a couple years back. It's gonna have to do for the next few weeks.

Trying to put something together on Survery Monkey to see if it works.

@stewards...send me a PM of any questions you want added to the survey.

Excellent idea! Skills could just link the survey monkey in his welcome post or I could link it in my PM to new members when they are assigned to a division (although there's a perfect spot for in welcome post IMO). Perhaps about 10 or so multiple-choice questions would do the trick? I like the idea of having not only questions to test their general understanding of good racecraft, but also questions that force them to actually read our OLR (or at least have to search it in order to find the answer to the question).

As a matter of fact, the basic survey allows 10 questions. Dragon, JLB and I are working on some details and dding to Skills post has come up. We might go with an Entry Test, make up test, and probably and annual test.

I'm posting the log on info in the stewards' forum in case someone wants to look around.

So when the GTA guys go to the UK, we can't ask who wins until the air date.

I hope we really honor their commitment - and non-disclosure agreement - by not hounding them. I wish them all well.

Do we know when they will be filming(ish), and when the planned air date is?

S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club Update​

Please join me in congratulating the latest inductee into the S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club.

Wolfsatz

:cheers: and thanks for being a part of S.N.A.I.L. :)

WARNING MASSIVE DATA OVERLOAD

A year review of SNAIL Spec Racing with some Esgargot and PP Cap series.

52 awesome weeks of SNAIL have gone really quick. I remember my first night dive bombing the director of the room Handlebar ohh what a start. :)

For everyone involved in SNAIL from all the great racers, stewards, directors, event coordinators THANK YOU! I am proud to be a SNAIL!

Here is to another great year of SNAIL racing :cheers::cheers:

I only have 1 question.. Have the combos been posted yet?

Congrats wolf and welcome to the club. I still remember our first battle in daytona with the catherams, sandblazter and the other guy that disappeared in the meantime. Then there was some dark clouds came up, a bit of rain but the sun is shining again and you are someone i really love to battle on the track. Cheers to another 12 intense months with lots of group hugzz :D

@ Stewards,

First draft of the new SNAIL OLR Driver Test is up for review. Follow the link in the stewards forum. Have a look if you get a chance.

A standard Ferrari Enzo and a standard Ferrari F2007 just showed up in the OCD.

Why would they do that? I don't understand. I just bought the Enzo. I'm going to have to earn some money to get the F2007.

A standard Ferrari Enzo and a standard Ferrari F2007 just showed up in the OCD.

Why would they do that? I don't understand. I just bought the Enzo. I'm going to have to earn some money to get the F2007.

They just released a Ferrari Formula seasonal, and they like to put stuff in the OCD that can be used in the seasonal, so it kinda makes sense -- if it's cheaper. Is it?

They just released a Ferrari Formula seasonal, and they like to put stuff in the OCD that can be used in the seasonal, so it kinda makes sense -- if it's cheaper. Is it?

The Enzo is 1M and the F2007 is 12.5M. How much are the premiums?

WARNING MASSIVE DATA OVERLOAD

A year review of SNAIL Spec Racing with some Esgargot and PP Cap series.

52 awesome weeks of SNAIL have gone really quick. I remember my first night dive bombing the director of the room Handlebar ohh what a start. :)

For everyone involved in SNAIL from all the great racers, stewards, directors, event coordinators THANK YOU! I am proud to be a SNAIL!

Here is to another great year of SNAIL racing :cheers::cheers:

...courtesy snip...

Epic collection of photos! It's like a scrapbook of the last year of S.N.A.I.L!! Thanks for posting! 👍

If some one quotes that photo post verbatim I am going to flip out :)

Like what I did there? ;)

I don't remember how much the Enzo is, but the F2007 is 12.5M in the NCD, too. Weird.

All Full Time PD team members have been officially moved to the GT6 department. Out of nowhere we get previously hidden STANDARD Enzo and F2007? I just purchased the F2007 and it is definitely a standard and is missing details present in the Premium version, like the aero bit up top above the cockpit. Collectors items for sure.

The seasonal event appears to have replaced the previous Ferrari F1 seasonal which is now gone; so yeah, nice change for F1 guys.

Last edited:
I only have 1 question.. Have the combos been posted yet?

I swear.. if one more person asks about the lineup.. :sly:

Should have my prize B selection up in about 30 minutes

Prize B: Mazda Roadster TC
Should be 5-6 lap race

get-tmpimg.aspx

Prize A Selection - New car dealership - GT BY CITROEN ROAD CAR

Track - TOKYO R246 / REVERSE

Thanks for selecting your Prize A and Prize B selections!

The September 8th lineup has been posted!!
:gtpflag:

Just wanted to let everyone know that a slight scoring error was discovered in the D1 results from last Sunday. It's now been corrected and the lineup post has been updated as well. Congrats to qwietstorm for being the actual winner of D1 on Sunday night. 👍

Seems to be a lull in conversation today, so I figure it's a good time to revive the topic of how we adjust the points of each division winner to determine our Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C winners each week. As everyone probably already knows, we adjust the the points because it's easier to score more points when there are fewer drivers to compete against. And since we don't want the winner smallest divisions to always win the prizes, we adjust the scores to try to compensate for the different grid sizes.

Since last November, we have been using this multiplier. I am proposing that we consider using this formula instead. I'm not claiming that this new formula is perfect or doesn't have potential weaknesses to work around, but in my opinion it's a more accurate way to measure success when competing against different grid sizes. Also, I'd rather not rehash any old arguments that have already been debated. If you want to read through them again, please feel free. Some key points are debated here and a few posts above and below that one if you want to refresh your memory.

What I would like to do now is to vote on which system we will use going forward. I don't want this to turn into is a discussion with what's right or wrong with either of the options. As I mentioned above, neither option is 100% perfect. What's important is that we identity which of the two options is better for the league. Once we figure that out, we can have a discussion on how to fix any weaknesses in whichever option we vote for. In a nutshell, I feel like it's important to select one and move on rather than to end up like D.C. where we just debate endlessly without actually getting anything done.

With all this in mind, please submit your vote by replying with one of these two choices:
  1. current multiplier
  2. new formula

Last edited:
seems to be a lull today, so i figure it's a good time to revive the topic of how we adjust the points of each division winner to determing our prize a, prize b, and prize c winners each week. As everyone probably already knows, we adjust the the points because it's easier to score more points when there are few drivers to compete against. And since we don't want the winner smallest divisions to always win the prizes, we adjust the scores to try to compensate for the different grid sizes.

Since last november, we have been using this multiplier. I am proposing that we consider using this formula instead. I'm not claiming that this new formula is perfect or doesn't have potential weaknesses to work aroudn, but in my opinion it's a more accurate way to measure success when competing against different grid sizes. Also, i'd rather not rehash any old arguments that have already been debated. If you want to read through them again, please feel free. Some key points are debated here and a few posts above and below that one if you want to refresh your memory.

What i would like to do now is to vote on which system we will use going forward. What i don't want this to turn into is a discussion with what's right or wrong with either of the options. As i mentioned above, neither option is 100% perfect. What's important is that we identity with of the two options is better for the league. Once we figure that out, we can have a discussion on how to fix any weaknesses in whichever option we vote for. In a nutshell, i feel like it's important to select one and move on rather than to end up like d.c. Where we just debate endlessly without actually getting anything done.

With all this in mind, please submit your vote by replying with one of these two choices:
[*]let's stick with the current multiplier
[*]let's start using the new formula

Back