Spongeinside's gallery

This second part offers some very nice pics mate :) I agree with sneakyboy about angles and light. For example I like the curvy composition of the fifth, the choice of angle of the #6 with this forest background on which the car spot on. And the last one is excellent both on composition and light 👍

Thanks guys! Your kind words are humbling :$ At first, when I took the pictures, I wasn't really sure if they'd work out and I wasn't "feeling" it at all, only the last one I posted above "felt" right. But reading your comments made me feel better instantly :dopey:

A new addition to my collection of 'unusual' cars is the Mitsubishi i-MiEV!

For this photoshoot and first drive I've kept the car completely stock. It's not a quick car at all, acceleration is pretty bad as well but other than that, it's a really nice car to drive, it's pretty stable and forgiving but tends to understeer slightly when you go into a corner too quick and that understeer turns into oversteer exiting the corner, it's not too bad, but keeps you alert ;) It's not a good looking car, ugly even, but ugly enough to be cool again (in my opinion). I've kept it in the 'original' colors, red and white with the text on the sides but I might get myself another one and see how it looks in a different color (other than the ones available from the dealership) and trow some tuning parts on it to see what this car is capable of :)

Anyway, for it's maiden voyage, I took it to the green hell and did some laps.. really, just 'some' laps.. the batteries died on the 3rd lap somewere near 'Hohe acht'.

So here are some of the pictures I took! They're from lap 2 and might show some light damage as I had a few tiny "off's" on lap 1 as I had some trouble adjusting to the car and judging how fast I could take some corners. With the sound of the electric motor and automatic transmission it's harder to judge how fast you're going :dunce:

Last edited:
Excellent ! Very well done edit 👍

The combination of hues on his Fiat 500 called me to mind of that of "Spoon" cars - that is a Japanese marque setting out technically for tuned automobiles.

Some really nice shots here but I would suggest you don't let your signature clip the elements of the photo. Though the diversity of your photos are varied and nice.

As usual you often use very original angles in your sets. I think this car is not so uggly, a little weird for sure but not so far :)
My fav' in this last batch of pics are : #2, great choice of location for the shot, could be a real one ; #5 for the angle ; #6 the car looks real ! (the sky a little bit less) and the #7 & #8 for the choice of angle another time.
Good work 👍

@Taiga; Yeah, I've been working on a less intrusive signature, but most attempts didn't work out as I wanted so those got scrapped early on :)

@Kodje; Thanks! I'm starting to like the car more and more every time I drive it :) I actually got another i-MiEV, put on all possible tuning parts and painted it matte blue.. It's a very dark blue, to me it's a bit more gray-ish with a blue hue in it, but it looks pretty nice on the car. Wanted matte black on it like on my Nissan Leaf but didn't had a matte black paint chip.
I'll be putting some pictures up later :)

@Taiga; Yeah, I've been working on a less intrusive signature, but most attempts didn't work out as I wanted so those got scrapped early on :)

@Kodje; Thanks! I'm starting to like the car more and more every time I drive it :) I actually got another i-MiEV, put on all possible tuning parts and painted it matte blue.. It's a very dark blue, to me it's a bit more gray-ish with a blue hue in it, but it looks pretty nice on the car. Wanted matte black on it like on my Nissan Leaf but didn't had a matte black paint chip.
I'll be putting some pictures up later :)

If you want some matte paints add me as a friend in the game and I will send some to you ;) (Id : Kodje75).

I've added you :) Not really for the paint, ofcourse I wouldn't reject anything :P but more just in the general sense of being friends :)

I bring for you today, a tuned Mitsubishi i-MiEV, the i-MiEV "R" :dopey:

That would be "R" as in "Reduced weight" ;) It's still not really a "R" for "Race" yet and I think it'll never really be a true racer...(still very fun tough)
Although all the tuning parts that fit on it are on it you can't really tune much on it. Just safe a bunch of weight and adjust the diff and suspension. Which is important too but it would be nicer if there would be a few 'electric specific' tunes in GT5. Like maybe a higher power or longer lasting battery or faster electric motors or something. Hopefully GT6 will bring some of those features..

Anyway, the reason for posting all this is the new photo set! After all the tuning, a fresh new paint job and some snazzy new wheels it deserved a new photo shoot to show it all off! And in a different environment this time, the Top Gear Test Track hosted this one.
After some practice laps I managed a lap time of 1:38.349! I could have done a bit better I think with more laps but I already used ~75% (11/12 laps) of the batteries but I think it's still a decent lap time :)

Enjoy!

#5 and #7 have an alternate version with different focus, but I didn't find those worthy of posting here, but they're on my flickr :)

The car looks nice with this paint and these rims. But Top Gear is not the best place to make good photography ;)

The car looks nice with this paint and these rims. But Top Gear is not the best place to make good photography ;)

I totally agree, But sometimes you can get some Smexy Pictures at Top Gear. But it needs heavy editing :).

That's ok ;) it's a pretty one :) love the color on that car :D

The Top Gear track is a tricky one, not impossible but divinity tricky..

I've been racing completely stock 1966 VW Beetles today against the AI and had a pretty nice but difficult race at Monaco 'Côte d'Azur'. I started 4th as usual and only managed to gain 1 single place over the 5 lap race :guilty: But it was a pretty nice overtaking if I may say so myself :sly: So when I was watching the replay, I just had to take a pretty picture of it :dopey:

I'm the one in yellow overtaking the white AI on the inside at Rascasse :sly:

Just 2 shots for today.

I've had this RUF for a while now, but never really drove it. But a few days ago I was watching some Porsche Cup racing videos on Youtube and wanted to race a Porsche too, but ofcourse there's no official Porsche in GT5, but the RUF's are basically "Porsche's" but tuned/modified enough to be their own brand.

So no Porsche, but close enough :P I had some spare cash to spend on it to improve on the basis and have fun with it :)

So like I said, only 2 shots today, because it was late when I took the car out and I crashed it moments later :dunce: and was too tired to do another run so only took the effort to make to pics.

"Airtime"

The car is a hand full, but I just love that ass...

Inspired by the Ferrari F40/F50 shootout episode of 'Chris Harris on cars' by /Drive on Youtube I bought myself a Ferrari F40! It's actually the first Ferrari I've ever bought in GT5. I've always been 'anti-Ferrari' for some reason (didn't like their dominance in F1 I guess, the same way I dislike RedBull now and don't drink their drinks because of it...) and because of that I never really liked any of their road cars as well.. But for some odd reason, I can't help but LOVE the F40 :drool: It's a super car the way a super car should be.

So once I bought the F40 I took it to GTauto for an oil change and new paint job. The car looks nice in red, but it's such an ordinary color for a Ferrari, so I painted it blue! Because I had a vague memory of a blue F40 I had seen on tv years ago. Other than that, I kept it completely stock.

I've had the car for I guess a bit over a week or so now and hadn't driven it much, mainly because I didn't like how it handled. But I didn't realize that the car takes a bit of getting used to and it needs to 'warm up' a bit before it's at it's best. So this evening I decided it was time for me to 'learn' how to handle this car so I'd be able to enjoy it.

I took it out at the Motegi road course for some practice laps. The first few laps were pretty sketchy but I took it easy to feel how the car wanted to be driven and to let it warm up. So after a few laps, my confidence grew and it kinda surprised me how the car handled and it actually became a joy to drive and I could even slide it around corners very controllably, because this car really loves to power slide out of corners, sometimes if the corners were close together, I could even 'drift' through them!

So after the driving session I concluded I really enjoy driving this car and that I definitely had to do a photoshoot with it! So I loaded the replay and took some shots. I hope you'll like'm!

(click for the full size on my Flickr)

1+2: I love the detail on this car!

3: It dives a bit under braking, but nothing too bad. 4: On the edge, full throttle exiting the corner.

5: Power slide exiting the corner, very controllable. 6: Different angle, pure powerslide joy!

7: 'Drifting' it through the second last corner. 8: Still 'drifting' into the final corner.

9: Different angle.

10: Another one, bit more 'artistic' :drool: 11: Speeding across the line!

If it weren't so late I'd still be driving it now.. but it's time for bed :dunce:

Nice to see all these small urban cars. Courageous you are, Top Gear track due to its ugly rendering is harh to deal with when it comes to photomode. Enjoyable F40 set 👍

Thanks! :)

I've always been a sort of an 'under dog’ enthusiast :) It just sucks that most of them are standard cars, so graphically they don't always show their full potential while a lot of them are pretty fun to drive, although a bit slow, which gets you a lot of hate in online rooms unfortunately.

The Top Gear track is kind of a love hate thing I guess, it's pretty ugly but it can also produce some really nice photos with a bit of effort.

Nice F40 set. The first pic is very good 👍 I also like a lot the fourth and the #10 ones. this last one has a very hard angle but it looks nice :)

Back