◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,670 comments
I completely agree, this was an excelent night for D3 even when some drivers left the room early.
Personally I'm very happy whith my 3 podium finishes, my best sunday ever in this terms since I joined this league :)

I had a blast with my 4 lap battle with Bandit in the first Nurb race. The most fun I have had since joining also.. With 4 podiums tonight I am very happy.

Hey guys, been a while. I'm trying to get back into GT5. Couldn't get my old account to work so I installed from scratch. Once I have enough credits to purchase cars and stuff I'd like to join in. I did a little shuffle racing recently and forgot how much fun I used to have. The handling is very different from when I left this game 2 years ago...or I'm just rusty.

👍 Welcome back!

Fun night in the best divison of all time! Granted I did spend most of my time close to the back but still fun. :) Great racing with everyone tonight and congrats to cmbeal for his witchcraft...I mean overall victory in D5 tonight. ;) Now we move onto the next Sunday with more awesome racing!

Cmbeal was using his new "Wheelcraft" not witchcraft, Driftin!

First place overall *and* he disconnected (while in first place, of course) in one race.

He was smokin' us. Great job, Cmbeal!

D5 Replays uploaded!

Last edited:
Thanks, but I'm in here messing with video settings and being a general nuisance on track at the moment.

Real quick, I'd like to show off the mod I mad to my rig today. Added the seat, no more sitting straight up on a old uncomfy chair for me! This is a prototype though, just to get measurements and placements right. A rough, rough draft.
2013-09-22203741.jpg

Nice prototype Rally! You're making me want to get the upholstery put on a seat frame out of my wife's malibu and add it to my rig.

Are you considering inverting the pedals?

I do plan on inverting them. Possibly weekend next weekend. I also plan on moving the shifter down into a more appropriate position and adding an e-brake as well.
If you don't have a car seat of some sort, you are missing out. I found it far more comfortable and natural feeling sitting in the seat, though I do need to make some adjustments. I have long arms and legs. The set up now I can get my and in a good position, but my legs get cranked up and I have to errr, spread them...so after a few races, especially with the ford, my left knee was starting to ache. However, I think inverting my pedals, and placing the wheel on a "table" instead of that "shelf", if you will, will go a long way in fixing that issue.

Chuyler, welcome back. If yo need help getting anything, just let us know. Any cars or paint chips, just name it. Might want to check out the OP too, quiet a bit has changed.

Good to see you back Chris!

👍 Welcome back!

Thanks guys. I think I need to spend the next week or so building up my account so I have funds to acquire the cars you're racing...and I need to relearn all the brake zones. I overshot quite a few corners last night which is very uncharacteristic of my driving style. The wheel just feels very different.

I read through the OP. I'll start at the bottom and work my way up. Looking forward to some close racing. I was watching some of my old YouTube videos and forgot how much fun we had.

Thanks guys. I think I need to spend the next week or so building up my account so I have funds to acquire the cars you're racing...and I need to relearn all the brake zones. I overshot quite a few corners last night which is very uncharacteristic of my driving style. The wheel just feels very different.

I read through the OP. I'll start at the bottom and work my way up. Looking forward to some close racing. I was watching some of my old YouTube videos and forgot how much fun we had.

If you have some B-Spec drivers shared, I can run them and generate a little cash. There's also the borrow glitch that you can take advantage of. Anyone got a link for that?

Anytime you are away from you console, let us know. Place as many of your B-spec racers on share, and I can grind them. This will raise your level and your credits quick. As they say, there is an app for that!
As far as cars go, The new trend is to share glitch. So any car you need, if you dont have time to get it or break it in, just ask. Someone can put it up on share and you can snag it like this.

Handlebar:
2010-05-05142842.jpg

Edit: Ninja'd by Dabs!

Ack! and I used up a TOTTP that I will need later!

Anytime you are away from you console, let us know. Place as many of your B-spec racers on share, and I can grind them. This will raise your level and your credits quick. As they say, there is an app for that!
As far as cars go, The new trend is to share glitch. So any car you need, if you dont have time to get it or break it in, just ask. Someone can put it up on share and you can snag it like this.

B-Spec app no worky anymore!

Again, my pedals:
UlfogeU.jpg

What plate or holder are you guys using to mount your peddles? (Invert style) oh and I have the obutto ozone.

Not even on spain? or whatever other country? Damn.
Say, does your board flex much?

I tried a bunch of different countries and I just get the "Temporary Server Issue" message.

Some, about 1/8". I think it's 1/2" MDF. If I don't upgrade to a cockpit, I'm going to replace all the MDF with 3/4".

What plate or holder are you guys using to mount your peddles? (Invert style) oh and I have the obutto ozone.

Do you have a link to the page for that? I couldn't find any info for inverted pedals with that setup...

Last edited:
If you have some B-Spec drivers shared, I can run them and generate a little cash. There's also the borrow glitch that you can take advantage of. Anyone got a link for that?
I'll get right on that. Send a friend request to chuyler1. I think I still have some of you on my list but I'm assuming I was dropped by others.

Great racing in D2 yesterday just some frustration for the combo 3, the 2 races I choked at the end of 4e and 5e laps ): while I was on the pole positions. In GT6 the suspensions will be more soft and we will be able to drive with less oversteer than GT5 and this is a must.

Hi Chris, welcome aboard! Skills will be along shortly with our official welcome message. It'll have some pretty detailed info, but the most important being the time trial instructions. :)

Here are the official results from our league night on September 22, 2013

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 89 points (79.61 for Prize A)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Adventuruss ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. JazzVanWolfe ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Garage-father ----- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. GTP_RBERINGHS ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 83 points (72.44 for prize purposes only)
  2. GTP_XR_RACER_11 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. GTP_Jared93 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. GCarneiroBR ------- did not submit a vote
  • DrKronin ---------- DNR
  • SoCalRacer310 ----- DNR
  • albtifosi --------- DNR
  • jmoneykillaz09 ---- DNR
  • VAG_star ---------- DNR
  • ND_4_SPD_Naruto --- DNR
  • FaelForna --------- DNR
Division 3
  1. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 87 points (73.74 for prize purposes only)
  2. Bandit0627 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. HusamOne ---------- did not submit a vote
  6. schmiggz ---------- did not submit a vote
  7. Fastfox400 -------- DQ'd
  8. Wolfsatz ---------- DQ'd
  • Oshawa-Joe -------- DNR
  • chatva ------------ DNR
  • o10231994 --------- DNR
  • tezgm99 ----------- DNR
  • The2ArmedMen ------ DNR
  • moperlover -------- DNR
  • GTP_Ph7shr -------- DNR
  • ONESPACE ---------- DNR
  • zer05ive ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 3 88 points (78.08 for Prize B)
  2. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. rallywgn81 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. GTP_pyxen --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • EAO-HarleyMan ----- DNR
  • GranStand_Bill ---- DNR
  • SoundTiger95 ------ DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
  • VrapPlus ---------- DNR
  • floor_tom --------- DNR
  • Deadbrah ---------- DNR
  • kkoe -------------- DNR
  • fereck ------------ DNR
  • JESter82178 ------- DNR
  • steppenwolf111 ---- DNR
  • AJHG1000 ---------- DNR
  • edwin1017 --------- DNR
  • otakukid965 ------- DNR
Division 5
  1. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 91 points (75.38 for Prize C)
  2. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. raymann500 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. RafaelR_13 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Driftin_Assassin -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. tevesh2 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • flesxruoyxllik ---- DNR
  • JRumley ----------- DNR
  • Fabricio98 -------- DNR
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF --- DNR
  • Priest8 ----------- DNR
  • Obi-Tonobi -------- DNR
  • myato1 ------------ DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
  • georgeleo99 ------- DNR
  • COL_KLINK01 ------- DNR
  • DigiImprov -------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 1 - Ginetta G4 '64 @Suzuka Circuit East Course

Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since dangerzone641 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 3 - Grand Touring Garage 1970 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer @Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since canuckleheadII gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to cmbeal317 so he gets any gift car ticket listed here (by posting his selection here on the thread).

Last edited:
I'll get right on that. Send a friend request to chuyler1. I think I still have some of you on my list but I'm assuming I was dropped by...

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test
2. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
3. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
5. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I'm looking at not making it tonight. I'll be honest. GTA5 has me hooked and the G4 I truly can't see myself stopping something for fun to get frustrated with a car I don't care for.

So as of now. I'm gonna just play GTA5.

Sorry, I really not interested in driving that car at all.

Sounds like you'll be needing some fun an inch off the ground ;)

Junior Karts tomorrow night @ 9:00 P.M. in the SNAIL_Division2 Lounge.

Still looking for Track picks from:

1. Owensracing
2. dabneyd
3. ajkvail
4. handlebar

Hope to see you guys tomorrow night!

I am absolutely stunned! Who could possibly have picked combo 1 over 3?!? That g4 was such a good car. So smooth and balanced, and acceleration in all of the gears. Man I am going to miss racing that car. I definitely found a kindred drift spirit in it.

I am absolutely stunned! Who could possibly have picked combo 1 over 3?!? That g4 was such a good car. So smooth and balanced, and acceleration in all of the gears. Man I am going to miss racing that car. I definitely found a kindred drift spirit in it.

Peaceful protest time Rally! :lol:

I guess everyone didnt like the G4 but hey we might get something better to replace it. :)
Atleast now I get to use the G4 as a drift car. :D

I voted for combo 1 on the simple basis of HP. It was a very fun car to drive but, on top of having only 94HP it's ugly and has nothing approaching an inspiring exhaust song. Just brrrRRRRRrrrrRRRrrrRRRrrr, BRRRrrrrrrr. No growl, no roar, no rumble. Cards on bicycle spokes sound cooler.

It was fun trying not to slide it all over the pavement or in to the seashell hunting grounds.

Since I'm now into drifting, you actually might get a better drift car

Just kidding
Not many cars slide as well as this right out of the box, especially in the standard side of the fence. If I get around to it before GT6, or if it makes an appearance in gt6, I will certainly be giving one a full drift tune. which probably wont be much...

I voted for combo 1 on the simple basis of HP. It was a very fun car to drive but, on top of having only 94HP it's ugly and has nothing approaching an inspiring exhaust song. Just brrrRRRRRrrrrRRRrrrRRRrrr, BRRRrrrrrrr. No growl, no roar, no rumble. Cards on bicycle spokes sound cooler.

It was fun trying not to slide it all over the pavement or in to the seashell hunting grounds.
I can see your point, if the other car was, say, a Murcielago. Instead we had an 8 piece symphony, stuck in the body of a body builder. All strong, but lumbering and awkward, tripping over everything trying to itch their back. Especially that 5th gear. In this case, I think we should have hopped up a tire, or down a tire. both made it more predictable I feel. either with grip or more neutral in steer.
I think as far as the old school muscle cars go though, this was one of the better ones.

Back