GT6 Mt Panorama demo at EB Expo, Sydney

• Thread starter Flunkus
  • 323 comments
Who are people playing demo's so bad at this game?
IT's like they bump in every car and randomly crash on straights...

In all fairness, it's a brand new track, probably hard to hear what the car is doing, tons of extraneous noise...etc. Not exactly ideal conditions.

Graphics looks nice as always. Too bad there is no clean lap. I noticed in the cockpit view drivers padle shift animation also looks better than GT5 so there is hope they fixed it for all cars

Awesome man, you are awesome! Your feedback of that demo is perfectly detailed! Thanks!!! Glad to hear GT6 is better every days! PD knows how to control me it seems hehehe

Great post mate. Spewing theres nothing down here in Melbourne. Cheers for the post.

Welcome to GTP Flunkus! Excellent stuff!

I couldnt agree more PAPAPEPE123.

From the demos, it seems like GT6 rewards the driver if they stick to the racing line. In previous GT it didnt matter with the amount of grip available. So, it may require more patience to pass if the AI is stepped up.

Last edited:
I checked the GT6 website again and this has been added to the Mt Panorama news
“We are very pleased to be able to include Bathurst in our expanded selection of race tracks available in Gran Turismo,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, the Gran Turismo creator and President of Polyphony Digital Inc. “Since its inception 15 years ago, Gran Turismo has listened to fan feedback and added extra features so that we now offer 1200 cars and 33 circuits from all across the world. It seems only right that the legendary Mount Panorama circuit is included as fans will now have a chance to drive one of the toughest tracks out there. Described by some as Australia’s very own Nürburgring, this is a formidable track that will provide an exciting new challenge for PlayStation gamers.”

Hi guys,

Thank you all so much for checking out my very amateur footage. I'm spewing now that I didn't record it properly, I didn't know I would be the only one (or one of the only ones?) to record it otherwise I would have stood up!

I've got an incredibly busy day and I'm running late for work as we speak, but I'll do my best to come back and answer all of the questions posted here on my break!

As for the Dropbox upload.. it's still going. I'll leave my PC on throughout the day and hopefully it'll finish by the night.

Thanks again guys, sorry I can't answer everything straight away!

Hi guys,

Thank you all so much for checking out my very amateur footage. I'm spewing now that I didn't record it properly, I didn't know I would be the only one (or one of the only ones?) to record it otherwise I would have stood up!

I've got an incredibly busy day and I'm running late for work as we speak, but I'll do my best to come back and answer all of the questions posted here on my break!

As for the Dropbox upload.. it's still going. I'll leave my PC on throughout the day and hopefully it'll finish by the night.

Thanks again guys, sorry I can't answer everything straight away!

Mate. You are a legend. Thanks for everything. Really appreciate it :)

The default settings for the racing cars were Racing Hards, TC: 5, SRF: on.

Nobody realised they could be changed however I changed mine to everything off except ABS: 1 as I felt I could do a little comparison between GT5 and GT6. However I am not that good of a driver so it felt a bit pointless, nevertheless I'll write my views for those interested.

Nissan GTR GT3 - Racing Softs

It felt quite glued to the road and very nice to control, however I lost it when trying to brake coming out of the fast right kink going in to the chase, this section is annoyingly difficult as I lost it there on both laps, the cars get quite unstable heading down towards that turn.

Audi R8 GT3 - Racing Hards

This time the car was much more difficult to handle, I think I spun too much. I believe the gap between racing hard and racing soft is bigger than GT5. I found I could not turn the wheel as much as when in the GTR as the rear just kept stepping out.

The graphics of the track itself I thought were quite amazing, they had a lot of the real sponsers on the barriers, and they even had Mark Taylor (former Australian cricket captain) on the fujitsu bridge at the top which I found quite funny.

If anyone reads this and then has a chance to go and record or even just provide a better report on how the cars feel, the driver aids can be changed before you press X to start the race.

Man, I'm jealous to you guys who can drive at Bathurst track in GT6 :) So all the cars available to drive are race cars ? If there's a street car, I would have driven one with comfort tire ( comfort hard is priority ) and no ABS :)

Man, I'm jealous to you guys who can drive at Bathurst track in GT6 :) So all the cars available to drive are race cars ? If there's a street car, I would have driven one with comfort tire ( comfort hard is priority ) and no ABS :)

Ridox, the video in the OP has a McLaren MP4-12C in it.

Ridox, the video in the OP has a McLaren MP4-12C in it.

Oops, totally missed that :) Still, I am craving for video with no aids including ABS and comfort tire to see how much extreme GT6 will be with lower grip tire, -_- so far it feels like looking for endangered animal :lol:. I am used to drive comfort soft + no ABS in GT5, driving high powered replica cars above 600PP ( usually more than 800HP ) at SSR7, La Sarthe and Nurb, I even drove my AMS Alpha replicas on comfort soft racing at SSR7 against racing soft drivers, so a little video and impression from the driver would do great for me to compare :)

That video was recorded with a toe nail.

Looked like a pretty awesome event. Must have been awesome to see the LFA there! 👍

The default settings for the racing cars were Racing Hards, TC: 5, SRF: on.

Nobody realised they could be changed however I changed mine to everything off except ABS: 1 as I felt I could do a little comparison between GT5 and GT6. However I am not that good of a driver so it felt a bit pointless, nevertheless I'll write my views for those interested.

Nissan GTR GT3 - Racing Softs

It felt quite glued to the road and very nice to control, however I lost it when trying to brake coming out of the fast right kink going in to the chase, this section is annoyingly difficult as I lost it there on both laps, the cars get quite unstable heading down towards that turn.

Audi R8 GT3 - Racing Hards

This time the car was much more difficult to handle, I think I spun too much. I believe the gap between racing hard and racing soft is bigger than GT5. I found I could not turn the wheel as much as when in the GTR as the rear just kept stepping out.

The graphics of the track itself I thought were quite amazing, they had a lot of the real sponsers on the barriers, and they even had Mark Taylor (former Australian cricket captain) on the fujitsu bridge at the top which I found quite funny.

If anyone reads this and then has a chance to go and record or even just provide a better report on how the cars feel, the driver aids can be changed before you press X to start the race.

Thanks for the impressions. Graphically, did the trees and vegetation look 3d or like 2d cutouts?

The track looks quite narrow. Is it that narrow in real life? I've only watched the races on tv. I haven't been able to get there yet :(

Last edited:
Okay I'm currently on my break at work. Dropbox upload of the slightly better quality original file for you guys to download is estimated at an hour left. Will post the link as soon as I can!

Question time!

One thing that I noticed from the video that is promising are the sealed cracks in the track and it also looked like it is bumpy, and not smooth like most GT tracks!

It was DEFINITELY bumpy. I'll talk about it at the end of this reply but I was very busy on the wheel making minor adjustments to counter the chassis being bounced around by not only the esses up top but even the bumps down the straight.

Who are people playing demo's so bad at this game?
IT's like they bump in every car and randomly crash on straights...

I have to sympathise with him on the straight, although I was driving the Z4 GT3 rather than his McLaren, I did spin out on the kink both laps which was quite embarrassing as I admittedly considered myself better than the others playing around me being a series vet. Haha.

Can you talk about the framerate please? Any drops or screen tearing? tx mate.

I should have mentioned this earlier but there were very noticeable framerate drops coming out of turn 3 and heading up the top of the mountain. It should be noted there were only 7 AI drivers, so considering (I couldn't be bothered looking up but I'm pretty sure..) the full release will support 16 vehicles at once, the performance was pretty poor. It's highly likely it was limited to 8 for balancing issues but there were still quite noticeable drops in frames. I didn't notice any tearing, though.

The track looks quite narrow. Is it that narrow in real life? I've only watched the races on tv. I haven't able to get there yet :(

I do find the track feels narrow on every single 'version' of it I drive. When you're going 60 km/h sticking to the left lane in a Hyundai Elantra, the track feels much bigger. I'm almost sure this is a speed perception thing, though. If you fly down your little hometown street it's going to feel tiny, too. I enjoyed how small it felt, it gave the other cars a presence they simply don't have on tracks like Silverstone or Suzuka. It was more like trying to pass a car in the early stages of the Nordschleife.. but with solid walls and a 300 metre drop on one side. (I love this track)

I was thinking about the feeling driving it today, and probably the best overall way to convey it to you in text is that you need to be making those constant minor corrections and adjustments. Anybody who plays iRacing or maybe even races for real (I don't) will know that those tiny knee-jerk corrections are a huge part of keeping such powerful beasts in line. The car feels a lot more alive than in GT5 where you made adjustments, but they were 'big' ones like catching a slide, rather than feeling a little bump and turning 20 degrees left for half a second to keep it in line. GT6 feels much livelier in that respect, and I think that's the main reason it felt so good and was so deliciously difficult.

As a side note, I also played Forza 5 with the new Xbox One controller. I'll find the proper forum and post my findings there possibly tomorrow, if there isn't an abundance of information on the subject already.

Framerate drops when screen is loaded seems inevitable.... Especially since PD have increased resolution - 12% - and corrected defects of GT5. It shows limits of the PS3, simply.

The Last of Us and GTA V have framerate drops to 30-20 fps, it will not escape GT6. We can only hope it isn't too violent. 60-50 fps is correct.

Thank you very much for your impressions and video.

Framerate drops when screen is loaded seems inevitable.... Especially since PD have increased resolution - 12% - and corrected defects of GT5. It shows limits of the PS3, simply.

The Last of Us and GTA V have framerate drops to 30-20 fps, it will not escape GT6. We can only hope it isn't too violent. 60-50 fps is correct.

Thank you very much for your impressions and video.
I think they will decrease resolution to 1280 x 720 when final release ...

Last edited:
Back