◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,746 comments
dabneyd
Go edit your signature, copy the raw data out to a text document. When the new version goes live, paste it back in.

Thanks. Already did that 4 days ago. I'll remove all the formatting tags when I paste it back in.

S.P.E.C. Racing GT5 to GT6 Transition

SPEC Season 13
*Photo courtesy of cmbeal317*

gran_turismo_6_logo-590x330.jpg

Over the past year and a half S.P.E.C. Racing has been evolving to become Saturday's Premier Enduro Club, and on December 7th, 2013 we will be making our biggest change, as we move to Gran Turismo 6! On December 7th a test session will be held so that everyone can have some time to get used to the updated features(physics, tire ware, etc.), and to also have a chance to have some unofficial races so we can test out some of the new online features that have been hinted at. Then on the following Saturday, December 14th, S.P.E.C. Racing will hold it's first official race on Gran Turismo 6!

Timeline for the transition:

Saturday, December 7th, 2013
S.P.E.C. Racing Official GT6 Test Session
Time: 10PM EST to Whenever
Car: To Be Announced
Track: To Be Announced

Saturday, December 14th, 2013

S.P.E.C. Racing First Official GT6 Race
Time: 10PM EST to 12AM EST approx.
Car: To Be Announced
Track: To Be Announced

*More rooms will be allocated if there is enough demand for S.P.E.C. Racing. Details will also be posted should the need to move to more than one room arise.

In closing I'd like to thank everyone for all the support and help in making this league as good as it has become. I honestly could not have done this without all of you! We've come a long way from our start as the M3 GTR Race Car Challenge, and there is no sign of stopping in the future!

Thank you all once again!:cheers::gtpflag:
cmbeal317

S.P.E.C. Racing GT5 to GT6 Transition

Awesome news, beal! Thanks for putting together a timeline for S.P.E.C.'s transition to GT6. You guys are moving to the new game right away, which I think is great! :)

To all the other directors of a S.N.A.I.L. Racing Series, I encourage you guys to start talking with your drivers about transition plans for your series too. It's never too early to start planning. 👍

I'm guessing, about 60 and then again at about 75-80, but that's just a guess. I honestly wasn't paying attention to the time index.

I keep and have all the replays. Does that help?
If you want to record them it does.

I'll see if I can hop in to record the race if you're busy Rally. :) Don't know if I'll race though.
Thats cool, either or will work I think, wish we switch views while watching a race. I'm about to work on straightening out those videos. So weird cause they play right on my computer, but I get nothing but the last frame on youtube.

I'm biased toward Subies for winter driving. Anything from 2004 or later just needs an occasional timing belt and regular maintenance. I guess the price could rule them out vs. a Nissan though. It seems like you pay an extra $2k for what you get with a Subaru -- here anyway.
I've owned a scoob since 2010, and won't not own one now. My first was a 96 with 165k, the person I sold it to 2 years ago, just sold it, still running strong. I have a 99 legacy now, its about 20k shy of 200k! Still running, like an old tired champ, but still running. My wife and I are undecided on whether we will be fixing this one or just run it till it stops and move on. But I have been contemplating getting an STi drivetrain to drop in it. There really is no better car to get for winter, nor for a nice family commuter. They really go forever.

I've owned a scoob since 2010, and won't not own one now. My first was a 96 with 165k, the person I sold it to 2 years ago, just sold it, still running strong. I have a 99 legacy now, its about 20k shy of 200k! Still running, like an old tired champ, but still running. My wife and I are undecided on whether we will be fixing this one or just run it till it stops and move on. But I have been contemplating getting an STi drivetrain to drop in it. There really is no better car to get for winter, nor for a nice family commuter. They really go forever.

Hmm Hmm Hmm... I rather be in my Ring Bearer 2.7 Twin Turbo A6.
I am on my 3rd Audi; started with the '84 Coupe that I miss dearly, '97 A6 and now '02 All Road Quattro.

My rental while doing my back surgery is a 2012 A4. I actually like it. But not enough to get rid of the Cadillac for it.

I found a mention at 1:14:27 in the podcast. Wardez is reading from zer0's MOTW interview and asks T12 that question verbatim.

Audi's arent bad, we had a 01 TT, 5 speed with the 1.8T, that car was great, my wife still regrets selling it. But we needed something with a bigger back seat. I personally would get an older quattro or an a4 with the 1.8t and tune the turbo a bit. The internals are all forged. Ours boosted to 16, but the turbo is good up to 20 I believe, the engine can handle over 24 before it needs attention. For me the weak spot is the center diff. I like what I call rear positive awd. What I mean is that power goes to the back more then the front, Audi at best is 50/50. An STI on the other hand, the newer ones have adjustable diff settings. This makes for better winter driving! Oddly though, my legacy, its awd, or you can pull a fuse and its fwd. Get the benefits of fwd, which is only fuel economy, or put in a fuse and you get "the beauty of all wheel drive."

I must say, I have taken a look at the All Road, that is a great looking car. It would be tough for me to choose between that or a Saabaru, the Saab 92X Aero. How is the drive in the Audi?

As to my pick. Spa will be staying. If I could figure out how to get everybody a Chaparral 2D, we'd run that, just so we could wake the neighbors up. Since it's not in the OCD, I'll have to settle for something else. Maybe that Audi R10 TDI. Can I pick that?

Under $5 million, so eligible.

Is that your choice?

Sorry for double-tap, was answering two diff't posts. Apologies.

I must say, I have taken a look at the All Road, that is a great looking car. It would be tough for me to choose between that or a Saabaru, the Saab 92X Aero. How is the drive in the Audi?

Just Awesome. I can lift it as high as a my wife's XC90 due to the air suspension and driving it with the Sport Mode on just delivers more power than needed. Ride is smooth.

S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Series tonight at 9:00 P.M. Eastern Time
SNAIL_Division2 lounge

Tonights lineup 125 Karts:

Race 1 - Indy Road - 9 laps
Race 2 - Autumn Ring - 11 laps
Race 3 - Cape Ring - North - 9 laps (the jump is manageable dabney ;))
Race 4 - Twin Ring Motegi Oval - 18 laps

We allow transmission tuning :gasp:

Here's the settings I'll (and likely DragonWhisky) be running tonight, scroll to the right to the 125's.

SPL or the regular 125?

DA, if you can do the race that would be great, I got some more homework I need to finish up.

Not so sure if I can anymore Rally. I seemed to have caught a fever along with a headache. I don't think Im in a good condition to sit infront of a screen (besides my phone screen here set at the lowest brightness it can be set to) for an extended period of time. Sorry buddy.

Man, Wayne Carini and Chasing Classic Cars is totally the new Bob Ross' The joy of Painting... :drool: (*sigh* and it's only Tuesday.)

Man, Wayne Carini and Chasing Classic Cars is totally the new Bob Ross' The joy of Painting... :drool: (*sigh* and it's only Tuesday.)

I've only just started watching that show! My best episode so far is when he found the cobra in the barn! I was jealous... I want to find cobras(not the snakes....) in barns!!!

Edit: doesn't it figure... I go to look at velocity and in just over an hour my favorite episode is on...:P

Back