GPR's Gallery - GT5 Farewell - Set 4 - The Finale

• Thread starter GPR
  • 919 comments
Yet again, another great show. The standard Aston Martin looks extremely well with a cleanup. ๐Ÿ‘

I agree, no need to make set with such beautiful set of entries ๐Ÿ‘
The Brera shot is a composition and toning model. Just perfect ๐Ÿ‘ Track Heat is very realistic both in the composition / angle and the tonning. Speed freaks is another proof you are the panning mode 1 master ;) "Running Of The Bull" is another perfect shot, I love its composition and its tonning. And the strong use of noise add a specific mood to it. Your Loeb shot is excellent, as expected :) And the last one is simply beautiful, very great one ! ๐Ÿ‘

Your latest 2.0 Entry is awesome, but which of your works doesn't?

:sly: Thanks Nicolas. ๐Ÿ‘

What? All of the lasts shots are ****ing Real! :drool::drool::drool:

Thanks a lot! Glad you think so, I'm not convinced myself. :) ๐Ÿ‘

George, when your comp entries are this good you don't need to have any 'new' sets to show! ;)
Each entry has the pure class that you always bring out of an image - the fact you take a great shot to start with doesn't hurt either. :sly: ๐Ÿ‘

Aw shucks thanks Nathan, I just feel like there's so many people producing new stuff all the time and wish I had the time to do the same. But I do enjoy entering these comps. ;) I appreciate the great comment. ๐Ÿ‘

As always George i find your work a delight to look at. Great post work too mate.

Thanks a million Lee, always happy to hear that mate. :D ๐Ÿ‘

Yet again, another great show. The standard Aston Martin looks extremely well with a cleanup. ๐Ÿ‘

Cheers Eric, I really wanted to use the Vanquish for a while now and tried to clean it up best I could. I still feel like my cleans are pretty average in comparison to the likes of Nato. Anyway happy you like the shot. ๐Ÿ‘

I agree, no need to make set with such beautiful set of entries ๐Ÿ‘
The Brera shot is a composition and toning model. Just perfect ๐Ÿ‘ Track Heat is very realistic both in the composition / angle and the tonning. Speed freaks is another proof you are the panning mode 1 master ;) "Running Of The Bull" is another perfect shot, I love its composition and its tonning. And the strong use of noise add a specific mood to it. Your Loeb shot is excellent, as expected :) And the last one is simply beautiful, very great one ! ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks very much Jeremy, I really appreciate the individual comments on all the shots. And what you've said is pretty much what I tried to do best in those shots. Thanks again mate. :) ๐Ÿ‘

Cheers guys. :cheers:

Can't really say that I like certain shots - they're all just great, but I'm really liking the toning in pictures #1 and #4. Beautiful work as usual, George. ;) ๐Ÿ‘

Can't really say that I like certain shots - they're all just great, but I'm really liking the toning in pictures #1 and #4. Beautiful work as usual, George. ;) ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks Nenad, glad to know you think they are all good. :) ๐Ÿ‘

Brilliant sets you've dragged up for here. I'm especially stuck on spectacular shots with warm toning and exposure in them in some of your hottest galleries, and the linear outlook in the last picture. ๐Ÿ‘

Brilliant sets you've dragged up for here. I'm especially stuck on spectacular shots with warm toning and exposure in them in some of your hottest galleries, and the linear outlook in the last picture. ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks sneakyboy, I do like warm toning quite often. ๐Ÿ‘

Your artworks are always so amazing! I love your clean & refined editing style!:drool:๐Ÿ‘

Cheers R!CE Guy, I appreciate the comment. ๐Ÿ‘

Love the last photo GPR ! :drool:๐Ÿ‘

Thanks Peter. :) ๐Ÿ‘

I love your entries, especially the Brera the Miura and the Speed Freaks! :drool:๐Ÿ‘

Thank you Ciro, those are probably the more mood filled shots of the bunch. :) ๐Ÿ‘

My favourite has to be the last shot.

Thanks Jamie, I was pretty happy with it, took a bit of cleanup though. ๐Ÿ‘

Very nice shots....I particularly like speed freaks, panning mode 1 is so underrated!

Cheers Mazda, yeah most people don't use it very often but I really like it sometimes, it can create a certain level of expression and character. ๐Ÿ‘

Been a while between posts, and well nothing huge to show unfortunately. Time for another small batch of comp entries. I'm really quite happy with how all of them have come out. My Challenger SRT shot was the winner for that week(only just). But also it got more attention than I was expecting on Flickr due to it being featured on 'Explore' of which I was wasn't even aware of till then. So pretty happy with that, over 10,000 views is pretty awesome. :) Anyhoo enjoy...

PMC2.0 WK146

The Devil Inside

CCCL Wk132

In The Air

PMC2.0 WK147

The Classic

CCCL Wk134

Vorsprung durch Technik

Last edited:
A magnificent set of entries. I particularly like the black/red work in the 1st shot:drool: ..fits the car really really well.
And the monochrome work in the last 2 is superb - I love the portrait composition of them both - tricky to pull off, but when it works, it's magic - superb!!!๐Ÿ‘

A magnificent set of entries. I particularly like the black/red work in the 1st shot:drool: ..fits the car really really well.
And the monochrome work in the last 2 is superb - I love the portrait composition of them both - tricky to pull off, but when it works, it's magic - superb!!!๐Ÿ‘

Thanks Eric, yeah the red/black combo makes it look pretty badass. Glad you like the last 2 also, I think portrait shots often make for interesting compositions. Cheers for the comment. :) ๐Ÿ‘

Superb. All of them. I speacialy like the last 2. Maybe because of what Eric said... when it works, it's magical. Amazing entries. ๐Ÿ‘

Superb. All of them. I speacialy like the last 2. Maybe because of what Eric said... when it works, it's magical. Amazing entries. ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks very much Ricardo. I appreciate the awesome comment. :cheers:

Great to see you getting involved in the photomode forums again. ๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
The work on contrast in each of these last entries is really excellent.
Was a very deserved "explore" on flickr for the first shot. The composition, the work on toning and light are exceptionnal ๐Ÿ‘ I like a lot the warm toning of the light in the California shot, very nice night shot. "The Classic" is pure beauty, very great use of the portrait format (I agree with Eric and Ricardo). And I also like a lot your last one (was hard to choose between this one and a few others in this poll...). The tonning is very original and the rendering of the bodycar superb.
Nice work George :cheers:

Hey George, fantastic entries! ๐Ÿ‘ I really love the Audi R8 shot - the lighting and toning is absolutely amazing! :drool: :bowdown:

The work on contrast in each of these last entries is really excellent.
Was a very deserved "explore" on flickr for the first shot. The composition, the work on toning and light are exceptionnal ๐Ÿ‘ I like a lot the warm toning of the light in the California shot, very nice night shot. "The Classic" is pure beauty, very great use of the portrait format (I agree with Eric and Ricardo). And I also like a lot your last one (was hard to choose between this one and a few others in this poll...). The tonning is very original and the rendering of the bodycar superb.
Nice work George :cheers:

Thanks very much Jeremy, your insights into each shot is always welcome and appreciated. And I can't blame you for not voting on my R8 shot as that poll is full of crazy good shots. Glad I was a contender though. ;) ๐Ÿ‘

you have make great entries but i wait to see something new :)

Thanks geatle, yeah I need to do some new stuff. I see if I can put some new stuf up this weekend. ;)

Hey George, fantastic entries! ๐Ÿ‘ I really love the Audi R8 shot - the lighting and toning is absolutely amazing! :drool: :bowdown:

Cheers mate. :) ๐Ÿ‘ Out of all the shots I took for the R8 CCCL comp, that one stood out to me as something different and the angle it was taken at really simplified the light and shading on the car, almost studio like. Which I thought was pretty cool.

Nice entry again GPR. :)

I do like the combination of the ruddy tone with dusky atmosphere in the first two shots along with admirable presence of radial works you've carried out.

As for the latter 2 shots the composition of the photo looks monochrome along with a portrait format of the car with lighter hues. With simpler form in the images it turns more difficult to make the showings fit in aptly - yet I can appreciate however well you've rendered those photoworks all the same. :)

Nice entry again GPR. :)

I do like the combination of the ruddy tone with dusky atmosphere in the first two shots along with admirable presence of radial works you've carried out.

As for the latter 2 shots the composition of the photo looks monochrome along with a portrait format of the car with lighter hues. With simpler form in the images it turns more difficult to make the showings fit in aptly - yet I can appreciate however well you've rendered those photoworks all the same. :)

Thanks sneakyboy,seems like you like the warmer tones better. I'm not sure exactly what your last comment means but glad you think they are well rendered. ๐Ÿ‘

Ok so finally something new to show, well not really new-new. This collection is some of the shots I liked most from my shoot for the CCCL wk128 comp. Hope you guys like'em.

The Cutting Room Floor - Set 8

Subaru Cusco Dunlop Impreza

As always click to enlarge.

A very solid set George. ๐Ÿ‘ I like the nice vibrant warm tones you used in this set matched with a good degree of contrast makes these images 'pop' and the Cusco Impreza always makes a good subject. Nice work. :)

Good ones you submitted buddy - digging the sweep of motion of the Cusco Impreza, and the ruddy toning merged with contrast of shadows looks fetching. ๐Ÿ‘

Back