GPR's Gallery - GT5 Farewell - Set 4 - The Finale

• Thread starter GPR
  • 919 comments
Lovely pictures, George ! :drool: :drool: :drool: I love tones in this pictures. Wonderful mix of warm and cold metal tones. Also I like how you used textures.
And your use of panning mode 1 is excellent 👍

Congrats on 2k btw ! :cheers:

I'm really liking what you did in terms of post-editing. I immediately noticed that you went for various editing styles throughout the whole set - completely replacing the usual way of doing these things. This allows for an amazingly interesting set.

After each shot I asked myself "what could come next?" and was pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong; I'm a huge fan of your work, but this is on a whole different level.

Everything - really everything - is looking spot on and so thought-out, that there's really no need to go into the technical stuff here - you know what you're doing.

What I will say, though, is that pictures #2, #5, #7, #8 and #9 are my personal favourites. It's not that the other shots are worse (far from it!), but the ones I mentioned caught my eye in particular.

So, to make this short... Stunning set, George; I regard it as one of your best ones (if not the best one) to date - thanks for producing it in the first place! I do feel honoured.

That GTR set has to be one of the best ones ever... EVER. I love the tones and the composition and basically everything and anything everyone else has said. Amazing quality, GPR :bowdown:👍👍. It's gonna be hard to top this one ;)

Well well George, if you're still making these high quality pictures, I'll become some kind of groupie :) no no but, my screen starts to become too small when fullsize watching your shots. Your bokeh serie is shaking my mouse !! The Mp4 blurred ass is so sweet, I'm unable to make something like this, bravo, each camera angle is so smartly chosen. The calendar comp set is really nice, and the Mp4 must be the september month, amazing and elegant shot for sure. 2000 posts, needs a lot of time I guess :) The first GT-R pic and its sun's warm light kick ass ! Each pic has its own atmosphere, this is what I like, various camera angles, efficient editing skills. 7th pic is the most beautiful SSR7 tunnel ever seen 👍

Thanks very much mate, just join the queue of groupies on the left. ;) , just kidding. Happy to hear you like so many of my last few works. The bokeh series seemed to be a real winner and i'm very happy with it. And to hear you think one of my tunnel shots is the most beautiful you've ever seen, well I can't ask for a better comment than that. Cheers! :cheers:

Lovely pictures, George ! :drool: :drool: :drool: I love tones in this pictures. Wonderful mix of warm and cold metal tones. Also I like how you used textures.
And your use of panning mode 1 is excellent 👍

Congrats on 2k btw ! :cheers:

Thanks Ilya, :) I really tried to mix things up in this set and I like using panning mode 1 now and then, it can produce some quite expressive results. Happy you enjoyed the set and I appreciate the comment. 👍

I'm really liking what you did in terms of post-editing. I immediately noticed that you went for various editing styles throughout the whole set - completely replacing the usual way of doing these things. This allows for an amazingly interesting set.

After each shot I asked myself "what could come next?" and was pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong; I'm a huge fan of your work, but this is on a whole different level.

Everything - really everything - is looking spot on and so thought-out, that there's really no need to go into the technical stuff here - you know what you're doing.

What I will say, though, is that pictures #2, #5, #7, #8 and #9 are my personal favourites. It's not that the other shots are worse (far from it!), but the ones I mentioned caught my eye in particular.

So, to make this short... Stunning set, George; I regard it as one of your best ones (if not the best one) to date - thanks for producing it in the first place! I do feel honoured.

Great to read your feedback mate. And as usual a detailed comment full of positive points. It was a pleasure working on this and i'm glad you feel honored. I definitely wanted to try and make this set special for not only the milestone reasons but as a fitting tribute to you also. 👍

I've always appreciated your support a lot. And your analysis of my works is always spot on. So of course I'm very happy to hear you think this is possibly my best set yet and on a whole other level. I like to think I'm always bettering myself if I can and sometimes it takes the eyes of another to really confirm in my head that I did achieve this.

Going to be hard to keep this level up though. :nervous:

So once again thanks a million! :cheers:

That GTR set has to be one of the best ones ever... EVER. I love the tones and the composition and basically everything and anything everyone else has said. Amazing quality, GPR :bowdown:👍👍. It's gonna be hard to top this one ;)

Well, a comment like that is beyond my expectations. :D Thank you very much mate. Very glad you like it that much and I hope I can deliver more shots of this quality in the future. Cheers. 👍

Thanks for all the brilliant comments guys. Means a lot. :cheers: :cheers:

I haven't posted my comp entries in a while so now seems like a good time. I'm sure many if not all of you would have seen many of these already. Hope you enjoy them again in one collective viewing. :)

CCCL Wk 124

Mazda Speed

PMC 2.0 Wk 139

The Heart

PMC 3.0 Wk 15

APR R8 LMS

PMC 2.0 Wk 140

Screaming Engine

CCCL Wk 126

Downtown Supra

PMC 2.0 Wk 141

Silver Fox

PMC 3.0 Wk 16

Hot Wheels Camaro

It's always a pleasure to watch again your last shots. When they are grouped like this we can see the diversity of your work and the consistency of its quality. Each shot is edited so well, with a great attention to details. The composition and the tonning are always on top and give each shot a so specific mood. I really love you way of editing.

The Mazda shot is beautiful. I love the way you've focused on the engine in the R8 shot by using the shadows 👍

The LMS edited livery is perfect and I also love the warm tones in it. Th "Screaming engine" show us you mastery of the panning mode 1 once again, and the toning (once more also) is perfect.

The Supra shot offers a beautiful view of this Tokyo corner, one of the best city shot I've seen.

The mood of SLS shot is perfect, the grey tones are top notch.

And this last edit is very clever and original, well thinked and very well doned. You've taken a shot of the road without the car and added it after ?

Great work George :cheers:

Even if Jérémy wrote everything I wanted to tell you George, I must add a few words. First I love the 90's faded paper magazine mood found into the 787B pic. You can sell you R8 engine shot to the official Advertising Bureau, definitely the best R8 engine ever seen, the car colour is also great. Brilliant R8 LMS edit, we can figure the roaring engin and burned rubber smell. The Enzo is engaging warp 9.0 :) The Supra looks so fine, shame shame shame to pody for not making this car a premium one, internal corner camera angle works well, and the city looks kinda realistic. Soft and elegant SLS urban static pic, I can see some very light blue tone, this is nice. Unique is your last picture, never seen something like this before. Bravo :cheers:

It's always a pleasure to watch again your last shots. When they are grouped like this we can see the diversity of your work and the consistency of its quality. Each shot is edited so well, with a great attention to details. The composition and the tonning are always on top and give each shot a so specific mood. I really love you way of editing.

The Mazda shot is beautiful. I love the way you've focused on the engine in the R8 shot by using the shadows 👍

The LMS edited livery is perfect and I also love the warm tones in it. Th "Screaming engine" show us you mastery of the panning mode 1 once again, and the toning (once more also) is perfect.

The Supra shot offers a beautiful view of this Tokyo corner, one of the best city shot I've seen.

The mood of SLS shot is perfect, the grey tones are top notch.

And this last edit is very clever and original, well thinked and very well doned. You've taken a shot of the road without the car and added it after ?

Great work George :cheers:

Thanks Jeremy, I really appreciate the detailed comments, it's nice to see what people think about specific aspects of my shots. 👍 And of course every one of your comments are great and make me smile. :cheers:

And to answer your question, Yes. I took a bunch of shots of the car and road separately all at different heights angles so I had a better chance of getting the right angle match when putting them together. Glad you like it. :) 👍

Even if Jérémy wrote everything I wanted to tell you George, I must add a few words. First I love the 90's faded paper magazine mood found into the 787B pic. You can sell you R8 engine shot to the official Advertising Bureau, definitely the best R8 engine ever seen, the car colour is also great. Brilliant R8 LMS edit, we can figure the roaring engin and burned rubber smell. The Enzo is engaging warp 9.0 :) The Supra looks so fine, shame shame shame to pody for not making this car a premium one, internal corner camera angle works well, and the city looks kinda realistic. Soft and elegant SLS urban static pic, I can see some very light blue tone, this is nice. Unique is your last picture, never seen something like this before. Bravo :cheers:

Well Hervé seeing as Jeremy took most of the words out of your mouth, so to speak I think your comments on my shots are also very good and I thank you for taking the time to do them. :cheers:

I'm glad you got that 90's feel from the 787B shot because that's what I was going for toning-wise. So that's great to hear. And yes it's a shame the Supra isn't premium, to be honest I didn't do much clean up on that one, was feeling a bit lazy on that day. :sly:

Good spotting of the slight cold tint on the SLS shot, I did that to try and enhance the silver look of the car. ;)

And lastly the Hot Wheels Camaro, I was hoping no one would try to do something like that and so far I'm the only one. I did feel like trying to do something different and I think it turned out pretty well. Happy you like it too. 👍

Cheers my fellow photomoders! :cheers:

Last edited:
All these competition entries just ooze quality! 👍 👍
Can't really add to anything that Jeremy and Herve have already said so... +1. ;)
Oh, except that I can't believe you didn't win that 787B CCCL - I got lucky on that one!

OH MY GOD!!! I didn't know you were a Beast!

I was not prepared to view soooooo many fantastic shots. Gonna clear my evening, and get ready to be amazed.

The Redbull 2010 set on Route 'X'...Holy 🤬, what am I doing wrong???

I will return...

^That Mazda...:drool:

Oh wow. Normally, I try to tell others which photos I liked most from a certain set, but... you made it impossible! Each one of those images is special in its own way and emphasizes a different aspect in an amazing way. I can't do much apart from...

:bowdown: 👍

Never fail to amaze me. The 787b looks soo good. Gave me 90's photo vibe. :drool:
The others are amazing as well!

ururu, I'm totally astounded at what you've done in your amazing photoworks in your latest update - very apparently you have the gun at going for with various sorts of compositions from a deal of angles, to make them look as enchanting as they can be to the maximum, with fair amount of attention to the details without much flaws to be pointed out and improved.

The one titled "The heart" is of my personal favorite, the focal view on the engine lived me over the preparatory trailer of GT5P where an F430 with a clear view of its bottom runs away past making up a shrill sound. :)

And over and above the following "3.0" reminded me of one of the cars in holden racing that some of my australian friends were talking about long time ago. :lol:

Anyway, all in all seeing a series of your edited photo works posted up here you have certain hands of shooting photos in an artistic way enough to take the viewers by surprise, including me. :D

All these competition entries just ooze quality! 👍 👍
Can't really add to anything that Jeremy and Herve have already said so... +1. ;)
Oh, except that I can't believe you didn't win that 787B CCCL - I got lucky on that one!

Cheers Nato, I thought I had a good chance with that 787B shot and it did do pretty well, but your shot was also very nice indeed so I'n not suprised I didn't take a victory on that one. ;) 👍

Great collection of shots and that hot wheels is awesome!

Thanks very much Lee. :D 👍

Excellent entries, George! 👍
I like the APR R8! :drool:

Thanks Justin, :) I was pretty happy with my edit on that, shame it didn;t do better in the poll. :indiff:

OH MY GOD!!! I didn't know you were a Beast!

I was not prepared to view soooooo many fantastic shots. Gonna clear my evening, and get ready to be amazed.

The Redbull 2010 set on Route 'X'...Holy 🤬, what am I doing wrong???

I will return...

^That Mazda...:drool:

Many thanks Gary, your ever so characterful words are greatly appreciated, always. Happy you enjoy my works and I hope you return often.

Btw I don't think you are doing anything wrong, everyones different and you certainly have some gems in your works too. ;) 👍

Oh wow. Normally, I try to tell others which photos I liked most from a certain set, but... you made it impossible! Each one of those images is special in its own way and emphasizes a different aspect in an amazing way. I can't do much apart from...

:bowdown: 👍

:D Aww shucks, thanks a million Nenad happy you approve of all of them. :cheers: Always appreciate your comments mate. 👍

Never fail to amaze me. The 787b looks soo good. Gave me 90's photo vibe. :drool:
The others are amazing as well!

Thanks man, good to see you got the 90's vibe from that shot, beacuse that's exactly what I was going for. :) Glad you like the others too. 👍

Very nice shots! Hotwheels edit is excellent.

Cheers Mazda, I appreciate it. 👍 :)

ururu, I'm totally astounded at what you've done in your amazing photoworks in your latest update - very apparently you have the gun at going for with various sorts of compositions from a deal of angles, to make them look as enchanting as they can be to the maximum, with fair amount of attention to the details without much flaws to be pointed out and improved.

The one titled "The heart" is of my personal favorite, the focal view on the engine lived me over the preparatory trailer of GT5P where an F430 with a clear view of its bottom runs away past making up a shrill sound. :)

And over and above the following "3.0" reminded me of one of the cars in holden racing that some of my australian friends were talking about long time ago. :lol:

Anyway, all in all seeing a series of your edited photo works posted up here you have certain hands of shooting photos in an artistic way enough to take the viewers by surprise, including me. :D

Well that's one awesome comment, thanks man. I do try to mix things up and try different styles and feels, usually I try to see what seems like a good fit for the mood or theme I'm trying to convey.

Glad you liked 'The Heart' I tohught it came out great too. And I can see what you mean about the LMS 3.0 edit, the colours in particular are very Holden racing team.

Thanks again for the great comment and I hope you visit here again in the future. 👍

Cheers everyone. :cheers:

Hey George, I've admiring your Panning 1 shots - the Enzo and the MP4/GT shots - inspirational!! Surely a Panning 1 only comp has gotta be happening in the near future:tup:

Hey George, I've admiring your Panning 1 shots - the Enzo and the MP4/GT shots - inspirational!! Surely a Panning 1 only comp has gotta be happening in the near future:tup:

Thanks Eric, It's nice to use sometimes. Gives you a different feel overall and sometimes add a nice raw sense of speed. That's a good idea by the way, If I get to pick again sometime soon that might just be a good theme. 👍

i have make a "tour" here :lol: and i see that you have some very nice and impressive photos.

Thanks very much Geatle. 👍 :)

Been a little while now, and I'm afraid I have nothing new to show. :indiff: Just so busy, I don't have much time to work on sets lately. Hopefully I'll get one going soon.

Anyway here's my latest batch of comp entries.

2.0 Wk 142

Sunset Serenity

CCCL Wk 128

Track Heat

2.0 Wk 143

Speed Freaks

2.0 Wk 144

Running Of The Bull

CCCL Wk 130

Climbing The K-Trail

2.0 Wk 145

Serenity

George, when your comp entries are this good you don't need to have any 'new' sets to show! ;)
Each entry has the pure class that you always bring out of an image - the fact you take a great shot to start with doesn't hurt either. :sly: 👍

Back