◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 13 October 2013

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

Banners by dabneyd

Last edited:
I've been busy doing physical therapy. My last stage of back surgery has been moved up to next week. So I will definitely be racing this sunday. BTW I feeling great. It feels so good to go days in and days out with out being in pain. I am definitely a happier person.

That sounds fun!

Wife gave me a surprise anniversary gift last week. Not a car, but a trip to London in a couple of weeks. Without kids! We go to London almost every year as a stopover, but this will be nice...5 days and not have to find where Harry Potter did this or that, and so on.

I will be racing this next week, but not the 27th, and cannot do Steward stuff the week of the 27th either.

Karts are tonight, 9 pm, D2 lounge, Junior Karts at Tokyo to start?

A miata!!!
:lol:

A car and track that, according to the list of unused cars and tracks, has not been used on Sunday nights yet.

Prize A - Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car :@: Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane

You can change the wheels and paint them as desired.

For those that do that borrow thing, mine is up on share, all broke in, washed and waxed with a fresh load of erl.

Last edited:
Karts are tonight, 9 pm, D2 lounge, Junior Karts at Tokyo to start?

That's right Handlebar, Junior Karts @ 9 P.M. Eastern in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge.

Race 1 - Tokyo R246 - 10 laps
Race 2 - Special Stage Route 5 - 6 laps
Race 3 - Grand Valley East - Reverse - 8 laps
Race 4 - Owens 3/8th Mile Oval - 47 laps

Tested transmission tunes can be found here.

Hope to see a roomfull tonight!

:lol:

A car and track that, according to the list of unused cars and tracks, has not been used on Sunday nights yet.

Prize A - Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car :@: Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane

You can change the wheels and paint them as desired.

For those that do that borrow thing, mine is up on share, all broke in, washed and waxed with a fresh load of erl.

Doh, thanks for helping me find an issue with the unused car/tracks Dragon. We've raced Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane before. The wording of the track was different than what was in the Track List. Sorry about that :(

Last edited:
Great! I guess you can count on me to find broke stuff. ;) Now I need to change my pick.

Hmmm. Maybe not. Only other track on the list at the moment, big enough for that car, is Sarthe with no chickens. We'll only get 3, maybe 4 laps on that. SNAILiens may be able to lap it faster than 3 minutes...

Any of the D3 Drivers have any suggestions for a track to take that Ford to?

Last edited:
Ack! I was excited for your combo, DW. Something about suzuka full I don't like. Something about the course after the first set of turns. Oh well, at least we will get a crazy ford. hmm. LM. This car will be on race rubber hug?

Please sign me up.

ssackett

ssackett,

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test
2. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
3. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
5. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3 or 4 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Dragonwhisky
In honor of last Sunday's Formula 1 race;

Prize A - Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car :@: Suzuka Full.

This is why I like you dragon! Now bring on the dragon powers this Sunday!! :lol:

Ack! I was excited for your combo, DW. Something about suzuka full I don't like. Something about the course after the first set of turns. Oh well, at least we will get a crazy ford. hmm. LM. This car will be on race rubber hug?

Sorry Rally, Daytona Road is on my do not race list and I wouldn't pick any city course on the grounds that I don't like walls. Dragons need space. Usually, lots and lots of space. Especially when whisky is near. ;) :D Rest assured, should this unthinkable thing ever happen again, I will be picking a car we can put slicks on. I'm a firm believer that racing should not be done on tires with grooves.

Spa, Fuji and Indy Road seem to like me very well, no matter the car, but it'd be my luck, since I'm still having a hard time thinking it's not all used up by now, that I'd do horribly and start not liking these tracks much. I'm mostly neutral regarding Suzuka, so, there we go.

Now I must debate between S.N.A.I.L. or The Walking Dead. Decisions, decisions... :lol:

Here, let me help you. (SNAIL vs watch zombie tv show) vs (SNAIL + DVR or VOD zombie tv show) = Debate over. You win.

Last edited:
I feel ya DW. I have a strong affinity for the walled tracks. As a rally guy, it gives you a place to bump the rear. Now, I wouldn't do that in SNAIL cause I'm sure that would be against the OLR. But, it is a legit rally move, using banks to hold more speed in and out of corners, and effective use of them is a big factor between the upper and lower echelons of rally racing. That and what I call bal....strong intestinal fortitude.
BTW. Breaking in the cars now! I will not be underpowered again. 4th place with two unbroken cars. You fellas are gonna have some company up front this coming Sunday.

Yeah those videos are insane!! Has anyone done oculus rift with GT5 yet?
Its only in the development stages right now. So only has PC support, and I dont see it getting support on the PS3 considering how far it is from production and how close the ps4 is to release. If it was adopted to a console, it would definitely be only next gen. I do see it being supported though, considering the fact that both next gen consoles are basically PC's.

ANd on that note, anyone heard about the Steam Box? A linux based, Steam based console for, well, Steam.

Last edited:
Here, let me help you. (SNAIL vs watch zombie tv show) vs (SNAIL + DVR or VOD zombie tv show) = Debate over. You win.

I wish I could record it Dragon. :lol: I could do them both at the same time but the "Watching TV" TV is upstairs and the "PS3 and GT5 and CoD" TV is in my room downstairs. The argument could be made that I watch the re-run bu my cousin and friends don't understand the concept of "Spoiler Alerts" so it'll be ruined before I watch it. I might need to make a sacrifice! :banghead:

I wish I could record it Dragon. :lol: I could do them both at the same time but the "Watching TV" TV is upstairs and the "PS3 and GT5 and CoD" TV is in my room downstairs. The argument could be made that I watch the re-run bu my cousin and friends don't understand the concept of "Spoiler Alerts" so it'll be ruined before I watch it. I might need to make a sacrifice! :banghead:

Spoiler alerts? For a zombie TV show? Really? Zombies gonna zombulate around and eat stuff.

If the choice is between participating or spectating, it's a no brainer for me. But then, I'm not much of a TV watcher anyway. Might be 4 shows, outside sporting events, in the last 20 years I've made a point to watch.

Spoiler alerts? For a zombie TV show? Really? Zombies gonna zombulate around and eat stuff.

That last one made me laugh. :lol: I know for a lot of people racing would be the obvious choice but I really like the show. Easily one of my favorite of all time. The decision is extra hard to make when I love racing with SNAIL so very much. I hate being the indecisive person I am. :lol:

Hahaha, zombulate! Man, there are real people being zombulated on! Its drama! Though, I must admit, still an easy choice for me too. But, if Game of Thrones was on, I think I might find myself in the same spot.

The Gran Turismo (Where you buy it from, dealership) Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car seems to be...

621 hp / 641 PP (Racing Medium) - shows 620 hp in list, 621 in the tuning screen

Is this the AC/DC Combo?

Epic case of "Back in Black" when you line 'em up.

Last edited:
broke in?
Just started the 4 hour Nurb enduro. B-spec of course. Anyway I got to thinking, I would like to host a "last bang around gt5" Staged enduro. It would consist of 4, 1 hour events. 3 qualifying laps and then an for the race. If its possible, do a timed race, if not, then an estimate to get us close to 1 hour. I'm thinking somewhere around the thanksgiving weekend. Anyway, this is just a preliminary feeler post. I plan on of course keeping points for a main champion, but I would also like to reward side things as well, such as fastest lap, most podiums, most passes, most poles, etc. I'll work on getting some prizes together for the event as well.
If you are interested, just say, and the best day. I'll be free that Thursday until Monday, as I think most of us US types will be. I'm shooting for a Saturday though if possible. Any takers?

Last edited:
Ok, just curious, cause mine from the dealer was far off from those numbers. but I see why.

think I hear a cricket or two...

Last edited:
Back