Enthusia Profesional Racing 2

Zelaieta
Hi all :)

I ear somewhere, Konami still working in the second version of this great (for my opinon) simulator.

Some people confirm, they see, show girls with Enthusia 2 t - shirts in the Tokyo Game Show (or in another one?).

Anyone have the info to confirm this happen? :)

Thanks

It's definitely a rumor. Someone noticed a while ago, and nothing's come out of it. Enthusia 2 is very unlikely to happen, although I really wish they would team up with PD and help with the physics.

Old, old rumor, and unfortunately not true at all.

The one bright thing about the possibility of an Enthusia 2 is that, as we all know, the first game pretty much popped up out of the blue. Accounting for development time since 2005, when the first game was released, Konami could still be working on EPR2 and keeping it under wraps.

That's the best we can hope for, though, and I'd say if we don't hear anything within the next two years then we shouldn't expect anything at all.

i think they will make a sequel but we won't see it at least 1 year from GT5. And i'd imagine a layout similar to the GT series, more acardish physics.

Hello fans of Konami game "Enthisia Professional Racing"
When I read the title of the post, I have smile, because I tinking the sequel of one of my favorites driving games come a reality....But not....
I'm sad now...one of beter games of Playstation 2, better that GT3. not GT4 but more interesting...
I have thinking, maybe we can make the difference....
If we manifest hour desire of a sequel of "Enthusia" to Konami. maybe he consider and work on it...If is not working on in secret...
I know is not a PES, Silent Hill or a Metal Gear, but i still a great game...
I propose to contact Konami to manifest our desire of a possible "Enthusia Professional Racing II" on Playstation 3
en_support@konami-europe.net
"I'm a fan of the game "Enthusia Professional Racing" on Playstation 2. I hope Konami pretends make a sequel to PlayStation 3."
I send this message...I know...it's stupid but if many of us made like that, maybe we can made the difference...
I continue to wait to a sequel of "Enthusia Professional Racing".

"Enthusia Professional Racing" is what I've considered as the most underrated racing game I've ever played. I've heard all the comments ranging from "pain in the ass" to "cars driving on ice." It's actually a great driving model when you really get the hang of it. My own personal disappointment with the game is very few race cars. The logic is if EPR could have so many street cars with unique driving physics, what could they put together with race cars? The off-road racing doesn't feel as heavy as it is with the GT series. Easier to drive in GT, but heavy physics.

Okay. So maybe the game didn't have an out-of-this-world soundtrack (I love "Take No Losers" (Pacific Gateway song)) best. Maybe this game doesn't have damage. Maybe this game doesn't have complete and total tuning freedom. Maybe this game can be tough to comprehend. It still does many things better than Gran Turismo 4 and Forza 1 for its time. It was a game ahead of its time that deserved a lot more respect than what it garnered from friends and gaming media alike. Some gamers kept talking about how "gay" (I hate it when people use "gay" to describe something bad) Enthusia was. At some point, gamers have to learn to give games a chance than unmercifully hate on them just because they aren't some other good game. It's like every game in the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series. People hate these games. X-Play gave TXR Drift 2 a 1-out of 5 when the game is really underrated. This is as authentic of Japanese touge as anything. Japanese street racers have done this for decades on these two-lane roads (illegal, of course). I'll say this- I'd rather have an touge battle with the Absolute Emperor on the very long Zao stage than to take on some thug in a Canyon Battle on NFS: Carbon.

Long story short, I want Konami to continue with Enthusia. Just because it's not received by many people doesn't mean it's a bad game. Konami shouldn't have to feel sorry for themselves releasing Enthusia if they really felt this game wasn't all that good. After all, you DON'T have to listen to the mainstream to know if a game is good or not...

I absolutely hate reviving threads, but I feel this is neccessary...

"Enthusia Professional Racing" is what I've considered as the most underrated racing game I've ever played. I've heard all the comments ranging from "pain in the ass" to "cars driving on ice." It's actually a great driving model when you really get the hang of it. My own personal disappointment with the game is very few race cars. The logic is if EPR could have so many street cars with unique driving physics, what could they put together with race cars? The off-road racing doesn't feel as heavy as it is with the GT series. Easier to drive in GT, but heavy physics.

Okay. So maybe the game didn't have an out-of-this-world soundtrack (I love "Take No Losers" (Pacific Gateway song)) best. Maybe this game doesn't have damage. Maybe this game doesn't have complete and total tuning freedom. Maybe this game can be tough to comprehend. It still does many things better than Gran Turismo 4 and Forza 1 for its time. It was a game ahead of its time that deserved a lot more respect than what it garnered from friends and gaming media alike. Some gamers kept talking about how "gay" (I hate it when people use "gay" to describe something bad) Enthusia was. At some point, gamers have to learn to give games a chance than unmercifully hate on them just because they aren't some other good game. It's like every game in the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series. People hate these games. X-Play gave TXR Drift 2 a 1-out of 5 when the game is really underrated. This is as authentic of Japanese touge as anything. Japanese street racers have done this for decades on these two-lane roads (illegal, of course). I'll say this- I'd rather have an touge battle with the Absolute Emperor on the very long Zao stage than to take on some thug in a Canyon Battle on NFS: Carbon.

Long story short, I want Konami to continue with Enthusia. Just because it's not received by many people doesn't mean it's a bad game. Konami shouldn't have to feel sorry for themselves releasing Enthusia if they really felt this game wasn't all that good. After all, you DON'T have to listen to the mainstream to know if a game is good or not...

The first days of playing Enthusia Professional Racing was absolute hell. A transition from GT4 to Enthusia is very harsh. It took me weeks to get accustomed to the physics engine. But when I got accustomed to it, I truly realized the feeling of TRUE simulation handling. Looking back, I think to myself "why the hell did I like GT4?". Well, I loved GT4, almost everything about it was great, but the handling, OMG... One try of GT4 after getting accustomed to EPR was disappointing. GT4 felt like an arcade racer, just as bad as the Initial D arcade games. One tiny countersteer turns the car instead of holding a drift. And really, do drift cars use TC for drifting? No. Enthusia taught me that the physics/handling on GT4 is pretty much garbage (but the rally racing is actually OK).

I personally found the soundtrack stunning and beautiful. Driving the Nurburgring Nordshleife on Enthusia just might change your mind. It's quite EPIC...
Driving: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BDHjdF8hSs
Track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDXpjtRBWTk

I agree with the "ahead of its time" comment. Enthusia brought up a concept that would be used later on (or should I say, today). The VGS system. Simply put, every tiny factor (steering, brakes, throttle, traction of each individual wheel, weight transfer, etc) affected the car in a generally realistic way.

I wholeheartedly agree (if that's even a word) with your last paragraph. I love the game, but unlike you (not being offensive here), I loved the music. I love the handling. I love the variety of cars. I love the weird yet difficult tracks. And for these reasons, I have been hooked on it ever since. I'm an Enthusia fanboy, as much as I hate to admit. I am really looking forward to a second Enthusia without the drawbacks of the original, but with the same advantages. But I really doubt Konami is working on a second Enthusia.....

Hello fans of Konami game "Enthisia Professional Racing"

I asked Inside sim racing if they would like to review Enthusia Professional Racing PS2 game and they said their revires might not have inteterst to review ps2 games. However they showed interest towards current gen version, if it comes. I also asked can i refer to their interest in current gen. version of the game for possible petition letter to konami for ps3 and 360 versions.

If someone has time or interest to write a good letter and set up a petition, please tell me and i will give you the quotation from inside sim racing guys(if they give permission use their words) Lots of smaller developers are finding market in sim racing genre so i think konami would have very good possibility make profit if MARKETED CORRECTLY and to right audience.

(sorry for gravedigging, BOTing, necro-ing, whatever you use for commenting on an old thread).

I see this game as a little less of a simulator (the physics were amazing when it comes to steering and weight transfer, but not so in the FR area) but more of an racing RPG game. I would love to see a second one but with minor fixing of the "ethu point" system (or remove it and use car damage instead). Along with a better fleshed out carrer mode overall. I found the game very fun tto be honest though the physics in GT or forza have their strengths and weaknesses over it.

Bumped..?

You're welcome to do so. THE Enthusia forum needs more activity !!

Yes..such a unique near-masterpiece. Long live

JohnBM01 Totally agree
When I Transferred from GT4 to Enthusia with G25, I loved it. Weight and tyre physics is very close to reality, even in "FR areas" (in my opinion).
I bought this game one month ago. Now I'm addicted

JohnBM01 Totally agree
When I Transferred from GT4 to Enthusia with G25, I loved it. Weight and tyre physics is very close to reality, even in "FR areas" (in my opinion).
I bought this game one month ago. Now I'm addicted

I tried out a few more of the Fr cars and found them to be hit or miss.

Man I hate you lol You had me poking my screen, and then getting anxious as if a fly somehow got inbetween the sceen and the outer shell!!! All because of your stupid avatar:yuck:

Only thing not funny is you +1ing that comment. That comment is as insane as it is ignorant, why would that get a +1?

Only thing not funny is you +1ing that comment. That comment is as insane as it is ignorant, why would that get a +1?
:lol:

The only comment that "is as insane as it is ignorant" is yours claiming that PD couldn't learn anything from the Enthusia team; nevermind how you went about it by bumping a month old topic for no reason other than to pick a fight over a pair of 4-year-old posts.

ill just play the game guess what its a great game even the graphic are not like gt series.. using s15 is a drift machine on corner ahaaha... love the physic seem hard but fun..

I don't know where I've read that but somewhere I've read that the guy in charge for the GT5 physics was the same that done the Enthusia physics.
Found that really weird because to me GT5 physics still fills GT'ish aka put less grippy tires to drift properly among other problems (understeering issue for example)

If my ps2 wasn't dead I would still be playing that game!

PD folded some of the konami staff into their development team, but that doesn't mean the end result will be like enthusia. They've cut a very clear direction with their gameplay, and while they might incorporate some of the clever background processes employed in enthusia, the user experience is ultimately defined by the directors, focus groups, and brand familiarity (hey, when you sell several million copies of a badly handling game, why risk alienating the people who bought it?)

PD folded some of the konami staff into their development team, but that doesn't mean the end result will be like enthusia. They've cut a very clear direction with their gameplay, and while they might incorporate some of the clever background processes employed in enthusia, the user experience is ultimately defined by the directors, focus groups, and brand familiarity (hey, when you sell several million copies of a badly handling game, why risk alienating the people who bought it?)
The end result has been nothing like Enthusia unfortunately, in my opinion. I've yet to experience braking oversteer and downshift oversteer in GT5 compared to Enthusia where it occurs ''naturally'' (for a lack of a better word). Unless I'm doing something really wrong?

Last edited:
There doesn't seem to be that many semi-sims from Japan this generation.

What if there was a super-combo of the best parts of both series?

The advanced physics (compared with GT4 and to some extent, GT5) and extreme car realism (proper autos etc) of Enthusia with GT5 number of tracks and some of Enthusia's goodies like the touge-style road, Airport square and infinite distance bridge.

The car list could then be sorta Enthusia-plus, with all the fun stuff like the Smart, De Tomaso Pantera, Lancia 037, Bugatti EB110, minivans and random V8 luxury sedans in addition to the cars in GT5.

There could be 2 main modes of gameplay:

-A GT-style career with money, car dealerships, generic race selection menu and full tuning.

-The Enthusia-life style with the random events, 'health' points, rival car raffle and the odds system. Tuning is leveled and simplified.

In additon, perhaps the driving-revolution mode could still be present to unlock arcade-mode cars.

This will almost never happen. :)

I loved the driving revolution. In my opinion it's way better and more entertaining than GT's driving licenses and it actually focuses on real driving techniques rather than asking you to mimic how the AI would take a corner.
This plus he fact that I don't understand why I'm most licenses the TC is ON and can't be turned off.

There could be 2 main modes of gameplay:

-A GT-style career with money, car dealerships, generic race selection menu and full tuning.

-The Enthusia-life style with the random events, 'health' points, rival car raffle and the odds system. Tuning is leveled and simplified.

In additon, perhaps the driving-revolution mode could still be present to unlock arcade-mode cars.

This will almost never happen. :)
I'd personally love see Gran Turismo's buy-and-upgrade concept mixed with Enthusia Life's random events, points and the odds system which would determine your prize money as well the rankings to keep you competitive.

I loved the driving revolution. In my opinion it's way better and more entertaining than GT's driving licenses and it actually focuses on real driving techniques rather than asking you to mimic how the AI would take a corner.
This plus he fact that I don't understand why I'm most licenses the TC is ON and can't be turned off.
Driving Revolution is indeed a lovely game element. A nice change from the good old license tests where your skills are properly tested. Challenging and great fun.

Last edited:
Even though the likelihood of another Enthusia is pretty low, I think Konami should give it another shot.

I think Enthusia could stand a chance of being successful if it became a multiplatform (PS3/360/WiiU/Vita?) Forza/GT alternative. And if Konami actually put some effort into marketing the damn game.

Latest Posts

Back