Metal Gear Online

United States
Inland Empire SoCal
SOLID_LIFTERS
New thread for MGO. Enjoy! :)

Plan for online matches, teams, share details and anything else related to MGO!

Here are some links for a step-by-step instructions for playing and getting started with MGO. Very helpful...

Sloth = dies a lot to headshots
Rat = falls for lots of traps
Eagle = lots of kills via headshot
Crocodile = lots of kills (not headshots or knife)
Jaws = lots of kills with the knife
Frog = plays capture mission often
Dove = tends not to kill one's opponents
Tortoise = uses the cardboard box a lot
Night Owl = uses ENVG a lot
Snake = plays Sneaking Mission often
Flying Squirrel = rolls around often
Bee = uses the s-plug to get SOP data often

MGO Name:

NoxNoctis Umbra = nox_noctis_umbra
Solid Lifters = Solid Lifters

On one hand, I could wait for this to come out until my TV gets fixed, but on the other, I can't wait until it comes out because it has a HUMAN SLINGSHOT!

From,
Chris.

I'm considering getting a PS3 for Guns of the Patriots and Metal Gear Online, but I'm waiting for the beta to finish before making up my mind. My reason is to observe it, but I'm not holding my breath: I expect the game will become full of people who can't take it when they're losing, much like the Halo and Counter-Strike games.

It's not my job to make you look like you suck less than you do.

BUMP

MGO officially delayed.

"We would like to thank all players for their keen interest in taking part in the beta test.
However, we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected.
As a temporary measure, we will be deferring the start of the US public beta test until we are able to stabilize our server.
We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused.

We would like to add that due to the above reasons, we will be making the following changes to the schedule:
1) Starting date: TBA. We will be making another announcement on 22/4/2008 23:00(PDT)
2) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 11/05/2008 at 24:00(PDT) rather than 06/05/2008 at 24:00(PDT)

IMPORTANT: Please note that your voucher code will only be valid up until 05/06/2008, so please make sure to register them by then."

I bet there's going to be a lot of frustrated gamers out there tonight.

And I also bet there's going to be a lot of 360 fanboys who will use this as an argument for Guns of the Patriots appearing on their console bcause "it wouldn't happen on XBox". And not a few will listen.

Am I the only one who can't log in wiht the Game ID? It says "Unable to connect to server.(0901:FFFFFFE0)".
IMPORTANT: Please note that your voucher code will only be valid up until 05/06/2008, so please make sure to register them by then."
What's the voucher code? :nervous:

Am I the only one who can't log in wiht the Game ID? It says "Unable to connect to server.(0901:FFFFFFE0)".

No your not the only one....

Konami has suspended the Metal Gear Online beta to an unspecified date in the US and Europe.

Advertisement:
Click Here!
According to the company, the massive interest in the beta and subsequent massive global traffic following the green light for the test has meant it's been unable to run the service to the level it expected. Who'd have thought it would be so popular, eh?

"As a temporary measure, we will be suspending the European public beta test and restart it once we stabilize our server. We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused", the company's said on the official Metal Gear Online website.

Just replace "Europe" with "US" for a pretty much identical message elsewhere on the site.

Konami says it'll be revealing a restart date for the beta for both Europe and the US tomorrow, and due to this hiccup is closing the beta on May 11 - in both territories - as opposed to May 6 as originally planned.
Source - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187342

...we are all in the same boat at the moment, after all the hassle of getting the update done and then getting an ID (which I managed by waiting until 2am) its a bit of a kick in the teeth.

What's the voucher code? :nervous:
Not needed in Europe as we have an open beta. In the US access to the Beta is only for people who pre-ordered MGS4, they got a code to allow access to the beta.

Regards

Scaff

The other day when i had downloaded the update it had said that it starts from the 21st of April to May the 6th, so i think it may start at 00:00 tonight :D ill give it a go and if i get through ill make sure to let others know.

I really just dont understand why Konami thought it was a good idea to let all of removed by mod Europe download it for free. If they had a closed beta to those all across the world who preordered the game, they wouldnt have had these traffic problems. So, the U.S. really got screwed over, we were the ones who actually had to preorder the game to get the code, and now we are the ones who have to wait. This is removed by mod.

I really just dont understand why Konami thought it was a good idea to let all ffic problems. So, the U.S. really got screwed over, we were the ones who actually had to preorder the game to get the code, and now we are the ones who have to wait. This is removed by mod.

In your face americans! :lol:

Btw it doesnt work in europe either, could log on this morning, can't log on now. Didnt have time to play it this morning so i just checked if it was avalible.

Does anyone know if Australia is running of the EU servers?

It's out of action here too.

Okay guys, I made a Japan account on my PS3 and know I need to know how to download MGO BETA.. If it is possible because I heard you didn;t have to pre-order it there.

Okay guys, I made a Japan account on my PS3 and know I need to know how to download MGO BETA.. If it is possible because I heard you didn;t have to pre-order it there.

I believe the public Beta is only on the Euro and Australian stores (well I know its on the Euro stores as mine came from the UK store), so that would be the place to look.

Having said that you will also need a Konami and Game ID, which is also liked to region, so you will need an address in this area as well.

However a BIG warning, I've heard quite a few rumours that Konami will be checking locations and banning anyone from outside the open Beat areas. Now I don't know this for sure, but be aware the rumour is about (and don't say you didn't get warned if it happens).

Regards

Scaff

Well, after cruising around the internet to see everyone's reactions to the delay, I have to say, GTP is by far the most mature about it as a whole. Because it's the only forum I've seen where the memebers are being amture.

Official comment from Konami about the delay.

+ Posted by Brandon Laurino // Konami Online

Hi all! As many of you already know, the Metal Gear Online Beta, originally scheduled to launch today, April 21st 2008, has been postponed. Due to this, we’ve also put a hold on our regularly scheduled Metal Gear Mondays content on the PS Blog, to bring you the latest news.

Extraordinary levels of traffic from all over the world have caused the MGO Beta servers to destabilize, as such, the service has been unable to run. Because of this, we have made the following changes to the schedule.

The MGO team in Japan is currently working around the clock to stabilize the servers, and is aiming to launch gameplay this weekend of April 26th. We must note, given the current situation, this is subject to change.

To compensate for the delay, the MGO Beta period has been extended a week, now ending on May 11th. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that your MGO Beta UPVCs will only be valid up until May 5th 2008, so please make sure to register them by then.

Please stay tuned to konami.com, the PS Blog, the Konami ID site, and Konami Japan’s MGO teaser site for all the latest MGO Beta status updates. If you need assistance, please contact us via http://www.konami-data.com/support/ and you can email us at mgobetasupport@konami.com.

We would like to apologize for this inconvenience, and thank you for your patience. We know that you can’t wait to get started with Metal Gear Online, and we truly appreciate your enthusiasm, as well as your participation in the MGO Beta test – which really helps make MGO the best it can be!

Thank you!

That's not going to be enough for some people. I know a few users over at GameFAQs have been calling for the heads of Konami staff. Rather than fix the problem, they want to find someone responsible for the server overload (apart from millions of users who have been trying to connect) and have them fired.

Like that's going to be helpful ...

That's not going to be enough for some people. I know a few users over at GameFAQs have been calling for the heads of Konami staff. Rather than fix the problem, they want to find someone responsible for the server overload (apart from millions of users who have been trying to connect) and have them fired.

Like that's going to be helpful ...

No doubt Konami pulled a boner on this one, but saying such ridiculous things like 'off with their heads!' is going way to far. Just kids who need more exercise. Like these kids are perfect themselves.

The whole situation sucks, but these things happen. Relax and be patient is the best thing to do. If you can't do that, you need to find yourself a new hobby.

It's not like this is the first time something like this happened in the history of the internet.

I myself remember the time Amazon had that $100 Xbox360 thing going where the site slowed to a crawl for a couple of hours. More recently there was the COD4 beta sign-up. They delayed the sign-up several times before they eventually blamed it on their hosting company.

It's not that big of a deal anyway. It's just a beta. They delayed it and they extended the deadline, no big deal. But I guess they sort of messed up with the whole open the gates to Europe thing.

No doubt Konami pulled a boner on this one, but saying such ridiculous things like 'off with their heads!' is going way to far. Just kids who need more exercise. Like these kids are perfect themselves.

The whole situation sucks, but these things happen. Relax and be patient is the best thing to do. If you can't do that, you need to find yourself a new hobby.
Well yeah; I know they're kids. That much is obvious because they haven't thought it trhough. Say Konami fire the people "responsible". That means they then have to find new people to fix up the servers, people who may not be all that familiar with it because they're not the ones that built it. The result is more delays, so by the time the kids get their hands on the beta, it's June 12th.

But given the reactions to people over this, I don't have high hopes for Metal Gear Online. It's probably going to be full of people who stop to reload in open doors, charge you with nothing more than a shotgun and go out to mark their kills, because that's how they play Halo. The point of Metal Gear is entirely the opposite: to sneak up on the other guy, but I'm willing to bet the game will be full of people whinging because you're playing the game properly as opposed to playing how they want to play it. Just because I'm guarding my flag in a CTF game doesn't make me a camper. Capturing the other team's flag is little good if you're not standing around to protect yours. I very much fear that the Metal Gear Online experience will be ruined by people who think it has to be played like Halo and Counter-Strike.

Back