Metal Gear Online

It's still hard to log in since it keeps saying the servers are very busy... Hopefully I'll get in soon. :)

Edit: I managed to join a game, and it isn't too bad. It doesn't give me near enough the kick some multiplayer games give me, and the first person view is awkward and there are a few framerate issues when zoomed in, but I presume all these will improve over time.

Using boxes and other object to hide in is funny since it sometimes works. :lol:

G.T
Using boxes and other object to hide in is funny since it sometimes works. :lol:

I've already had a few 'did that box just move?' moments, emptied a clip into one only to find no one was in it, however I did get a kill out of another one.

Regards

Scaff

G.T
It's still hard to log in since it keeps saying the servers are very busy... Hopefully I'll get in soon. :)

Edit: I managed to join a game, and it isn't too bad. It doesn't give me near enough the kick some multiplayer games give me, and the first person view is awkward and there are a few framerate issues when zoomed in, but I presume all these will improve over time.

Play around with Camera controlls, In 3rd persoon I use Invert, up n down, left rite..... In aim mode.. i only invert Up and down, and in FPS i only invert Up n Down...

I think its easeirt to Invert both up n down, left and right for the 3rd persoon view.

Game is a blast so far, I love that Sniper rifles are really HARD to use in Close cquarters and Pistols are a ease :), Other FPS games a sniper rifle is both outside and inside... Also in this game I like how LEGS dont stick out from walls anymore, since its a 3rd personn shooter, and that if you prone, some people may not see you as fast, and you take the kill! right at their back!

FUN, FUN, FUN!

Tried it for the past two hours, and it was a blast. I got killed the first 2 minutes, but then got 3 kills in the next 10 minutes. I killed the same guy, the host, twice. I felt satisfied. 👍

Controls, compared to previous MGS titles, are hard to get use to. I hate needing to hit TRIANGLE every time I want shoot in first person view. But, oh well.

Game name is Solid Lifters. Look for me.

Just tried to update to 1.02 but need to download 1.01 first, and it looks like it takes forever :indiff:... It already took forever to download the demo, but atleast you could do that in the background, whereas I can't use the PS3 at all while 1.01 is updating... or am I missing something?

Just tried to update to 1.02 but need to download 1.01 first, and it looks like it takes forever :indiff:... It already took forever to download the demo, but atleast you could do that in the background, whereas I can't use the PS3 at all while 1.01 is updating... or am I missing something?

I think updating the game must be impossible now.servers are too busy.
1.01patch was 700mb around and 1.02patch was 50-100mb. you should try to download in very early hours

Update 1.01 took me about five hours to upload. 1.02 took only ten minutes.

Might be awhile.

This online beta is awesome. Killed 4 people in an row in my first team dethmatch. Was qualified 3rd when th egame finished. I had an really great time with it.

PS, mine username is Appie.

On the day I have to go to Scotland and back the game goes online. It's midnight now and I have to get up early so should I be sensible and leave it untill tomorrow or try it out safe in the knowledge that I probably won't put it down for at least an hour.

Hmmm.

Nitrof1
you should try to download in very early hours

Update 1.01 took me about five hours to upload. 1.02 took only ten minutes.

Might be awhile.

👍

Gave up on it last night but have cranked it up this morning and it's downloading at about 1% per minute :) So, by the time I get back from doing my Saturday morning shopping (newspaper, rolls, sausages, beer) it might have finished already :D

Update 1.01 took me about 40 mins at most. I must have connected at a good time. I haven't hooked it up yet so I still don't have Update 1.02.

I found it gets faster as you let it go. 1.01 was going at like 2kb/s for me, from about 80% onwards it was going at 20-30kb/s, still painfully and unacceptably slow, but if you leave it on overnight like I did it should be done by the time you wake up.

1.02 took 30-45 minutes at most.

I think the download's speeds are partly due to whether your ports are configured properly. I know someone's 1.01 download took at least 8 hours, and here it was around 2. It was averaging around 100kb/s, and the 1.02 peaked at 180kb/s and took under 10 minutes.

I found it gets faster as you let it go. 1.01 was going at like 2kb/s for me, from about 80% onwards it was going at 20-30kb/s, still painfully and unacceptably slow, but if you leave it on overnight like I did it should be done by the time you wake up.

1.02 took 30-45 minutes at most.
Mine has slowed down :( It started at about 75kb/s, but is now only about 22-26kb/s... ) Still, it's almost done now! (1.01 anyway...)

edit: 3pm now, and I have to say, my first experience with the MGS franchise has not been a happy one - several attempts and several hours later, I finally try to log in and it says the server is too busy :grumpy: No MGS demo for me this afternoon, then...

The graphics are good but I hate the camera, there doesn't seem to be any way (at least none that I've found) to keep it behind me. When I move the charater the camera doesn't move with it, it's horrible, especially when your in the middle of a firefight. I want to be able to see whats infront of me, who I'm shooting at and who's shooting at me.

Can i aks something. Is the MGO demo limited on the PS store? Because my cousin tried to download it but he couldn't find it:(

The graphics are good but I hate the camera, there doesn't seem to be any way (at least none that I've found) to keep it behind me. When I move the charater the camera doesn't move with it, it's horrible, especially when your in the middle of a firefight. I want to be able to see whats infront of me, who I'm shooting at and who's shooting at me.

Yeah, it's why I never could get into this series. Anyway I played the training to get the feel of it and well... all it made me do is want to go play RSV2. :guilty:

Push R3.

Yeah, aiming can be a huge pain when you don't push R3 repeatedly. Your view point will be the last direction you aimed, which could be a different direction where you are currently looking. Very FRUSTRATING!. Especially when you see two enemies and aim for them, and you end up aiming at a wall. They NEED to fix that!

I'm getting bored. Plus, cheaters have shown up. Plus, the clunky controls are really getting to me. I'll need to spend some time change my controls around. I can't handle it anymore.

Still having fun, though. Great game, but it definitely needs some tweaking. 👍

I didn't mind the camera too much in the other games, they were slower paced but for an online deathmatch you need to be that much quicker to make decisions and to react. There's no creeping up behind that gaurd while he does one of his routing pauses etc.

Push R3.

Yeah, aiming can be a huge pain when you don't push R3 repeatedly. Your view point will be the last direction you aimed, which could be a different direction where you are currently looking. Very FRUSTRATING!. Especially when you see two enemies and aim for them, and you end up aiming at a wall. They NEED to fix that!

I'm getting bored. Plus, cheaters have shown up. Plus, the clunky controls are really getting to me. I'll need to spend some time change my controls around. I can't handle it anymore.

Still having fun, though. Great game, but it definitely needs some tweaking. 👍

At options you can change the AIM! :) you can either change it to where the character faces.. or you can change where the camera faces.. I love the option when the AIM fallows the camera.

I never had an issue with Aiming, i think its spot on, but remeber to change it to the direction you look at.

That sounds like it would be a lot better, thanks. I'll have to try that next time I hook the PS3 up to tinterweb :cheers:.

I hate everything about the way this game feels. Im trying to force myself to get used to it, because everyone seems to think its amazing, so I must be missing something. When Im aiming at someone to shoot them, I cant even tell if Im hitting them. The running is sooo slow. The controls seem soo blocky. I just dont get what people find in this game.

Yeah I fooled around with the control options and gave it another shot but I too just can't get into this game...

who wants gtp private match? :)

I DO :)

But, I can't for tonight since my Cousins are coming over.. Maybe I'll be on Late

I hate everything about the way this game feels. Im trying to force myself to get used to it, because everyone seems to think its amazing, so I must be missing something. When Im aiming at someone to shoot them, I cant even tell if Im hitting them. The running is sooo slow. The controls seem soo blocky. I just dont get what people find in this game.

Find some servers with 8-10 people. even 2 vs 2.
Yeah with 16 people, it's really laggy, and even If i shoot at target 2 - 4 times with a sniper, he dies few moments later hahah. LAG and BETA! not a good match.

So what servers you guys prefer?

8, 10, 12, 14, or 16?
I was playing with 16 I think it's too much Chaos. I always try to find 10 people servers, but they are usually filled out.

And how many maps can we play? 2 so far? I hear there should be something around 5 right?

Your criticism is not unfounded. You pretty much nailed the problems of this game on the head. It definitely needs some tweaking. Though, it's still a fun game.

Both maps are starting to get boring, though. I hope they add one more before it's over, but I doubt they will.

Yea I do like the look of the game, the customization options, etc. I just cant quite get into the gameplay. I hope MGS4 single player wont be this difficult to get into.

Anybody still playing? I'm getting a little sick and tired of the idiots who cheat or don't know how to play properly. It's nice they have a new map and 'find Snake' mission. I guess I'm the only one.

Back