GTP Cool Wall : Toyota Aygo VOTE!

Toyota Aygo suggested by StigNumbers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boiltheocean

Premium
Samoa
Samoa
.:Toyota Aygo suggested by StigNumbers:.

Pic
Toyota%20Aygo.jpg

Main features, safety and ecconomy
Engine size: 998 ccm (60.90 cubic inches)
Fuel type: Gasoline, unleaded 95
Fuel mixed driving: 4.6 litres/100 km (51.13 miles per gallon)
Seats: 4
Drive: Front wheels
Transmission: Manual, 5-speed
Airbags: 6. Front airbags. Side airbags.
Engine and transmission
Engine location: Front, transverse
Displacement: 998 ccm (60.90 cubic inches)
Engine type: Inline, 3 cylinder
Max power: 68.00 PS (50 kW or 67 HP) at 6000 Rev. per min.
Max torque: 93.00 Nm (9.5 kgf-m or 68.6 ft.lbs) at 3500 Rev. per min.
Compression: 10.5:1
Bore x stroke: 71.0 x 84.0 mm (2.8 x 3.3 inches)
Fuel system: Injection
Valves per cylinder: 4
Fuel control: Double overhead cam (DOHC)
Lubrication system: Wet sump
Cooling system: Liquid
Gearbox: Manual, 5-speed
Speed and acceleration
Top speed: 157.0 km/h (97.6 mph)
0-100 km/h (0-62 mph): 14.2 seconds
Power/weight ratio: 0.0786 PS/kg
Exterior and interior
Chassis type: Hatchback
Max no. of doors: 3/5
Passenger space: 2520 litres (666 gallons)
Cargo space: 139 litres (37 gallons)
Optional cargo space: 782 litres (207 gallons)
Aerodynamic dragcoefisient: 1.0
Steering, brakes and tires
Steering: Traction control. Electronic stabilasation program (ESP).
Brake details: Antilocking brake system (ABS).
Front tire dimensions: 155/65-R14
Rear tire dimensions: 155/65-R14
Dimensions and weight
Weight: 865 kg (1,907.0 pounds)
Max weight with load: 1180 kg (2,601.5 pounds)
Towing weight: 1300 kg (2,866.0 pounds)
Overall length: 3410 mm (134.3 inches)
Overall width: 1620 mm (63.8 inches)
Overall height: 1470 mm (57.9 inches)
Wheelbase: 2350 mm (92.5 inches)
Fuel capacity: 35.0 litres (9.25 gallons)
Other specifications
Country of origin: Japan
Aprox price as new EUR: 9980
Service interval: 30,000 km
CO2 emissions: 164.9 g/km

Last edited:
I know someone else asked for it, but i fail to see how specs have any relevance to how cool or not a car is :odd:

Uncool. It's a good vehicle for if you want great economy, but otherwise looks fugly and would be too boring.

Cool - 3-cyl engine so not the normal boring 4 potter, cleverly built, quite funky, supposed to be fun to drive. The most European Japanese car there is.

It's quite simply awesome, it's cheap, practical and there is no better car on the market to play car football in. :)

Uncool. It's a good vehicle for if you want great economy, but otherwise looks fugly and would be too boring.

What he said 👍 . Also I dont care for that small of a car , if you get in a wreck , your pretty much toast

Also I dont care for that small of a car , if you get in a wreck , your pretty much toast

To be honest i think i'd rather be carried out covered by a blanket then be seen actually stepping out of one. ;)

- i have actually been seen stepping out of one, they are a great little car. Still doesn't make it cool.

Last edited:
I voted cool, but I have changed my mind. I wouldn't drive one, even though I bet its a pretty good car and fun for what it is. I forgot the rules of the cool wall :(

I think alot of people are confused with good and cool here. The Aygo is cool if you're either old or female cus it's a 'cute' car being so small, any bloke is commiting social suicide by driving one. Uncool.

I think alot of people are confused with good and cool here. The Aygo is cool if you're either old or female cus it's a 'cute' car being so small, any bloke is commiting social suicide by driving one. Uncool.

Agreed, which is what I realised pretty much as soon as I voted cool. :dunce:

I would think its great if my girlfriend got one but you'd never catch me driving it.

Agreed, which is what I realised pretty much as soon as I voted cool. :dunce:

I would think its great if my girlfriend got one but you'd never catch me driving it.

The Jazz was similar in this respect. My friend at college (female) has one and it's fine, but when we all went out bowling in 2 cars (I wasn't allowed to use my bike aparently :crazy:) I was put in the Jazz and I felt pretty awful being ferried around by a girl in a Jazz...

The Jazz was similar in this respect. My friend at college (female) has one and it's fine, but when we all went out bowling in 2 cars (I wasn't allowed to use my bike aparently :crazy:) I was put in the Jazz and I felt pretty awful being ferried around by a girl in a Jazz...

I've always seen the jazz (the older one) as a bit more masculine but that might have something to do with the spoon fit (jazz). could I see myself driving one and honestly thinking I looked cool...hmm I guess it depends on the spec and on the colour although the answer is probably no. So I guess that another one I should have voted uncool on.

Seriously Uncool. Seriously.
Yep. Same here.

For those of you who can't see how the specs of a car matter...Let's say you've got a 2008 Mustang, with the V6. HOW COOL IS THAT? But then we swap an aluminum version of the GT500 engine/drivetrain in. I'd have made it a comparison between a V6 and the actual Shelby, but some would consider that the Shelby name and other chances were the important part, not the 500hp V8.

I would totally get the Aygo if it were available up here in Canada. An inexpensive city car that doesn't feel cheap? Sign me up.

I think it's cool. As said before, it's arguably the spiritual successor to the original Mini. Cheap, looks good, funky interior, cool. And, unlike other £6,000 cars, you don't look like a grandmother driving one (*cough* Daihatsu Charade and Proton Savvy).

Yes, but I prefer the 107's looks, and (I think) it's slightly cheaper.

Yep, and the Citroen C1 is £400 cheaper than the 107 too.

cool, but would had been sub zero if they had kept the RWD like they originally planned.

You're getting confused methinks. The Aygo was never intended to have RWD. The iQ was, but not the Aygo. The only RWD Aygo is that Aygo "crazy" they released as a concept a while back.

I'm not getting confused, and as a bloke, I'd certainly drive one. My Fiesta is much more girly than the Aygo is. Hell, I think the first gen Ka is even more awesome and that's way more girly than the Aygo.

Yes, but I prefer the 107's looks, and (I think) it's slightly cheaper.

The Aygo is the most expensive yes, but I disagree about the 107 being the best looking. It's my least favourite of the trio, as Peugeot saw fit to equip it with the awful, awful front end they put on all of their cars these days. In an ideal world I'd have the Aygo front end with the Citroen C1's rear end. The C1 is the nicest overall IMO.

Seriously Uncool. Seriously.

1) The face
2) Not a VW Fox

whut-ian.jpg

The Fox, if you refer to the current model, is the biggest disappointment in small cars for a long while. It's worse in virtually every way than the Lupo it replaced (uglier, more boring, slower, no ultra-economy version, no hot hatch version, dull interior, and uglier once more) save for space. And if you really need space then why not get a Polo, which doesn't cost that much more?

A VW badge does not a cool car make.

You're getting confused methinks. The Aygo was never intended to have RWD. The iQ was, but not the Aygo. The only RWD Aygo is that Aygo "crazy" they released as a concept a while back.

Ah, I indeed did mix them up. sorry about that.. but it is still cool, yet I prefer C1 and C2 to this.

Back