GTP Cool Wall : Toyota Aygo VOTE!

Toyota Aygo suggested by StigNumbers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
vw-fox-5-s.jpg

The seat fabric begs to differ.

You'd really have to reach down low if you put a short shifter on one of these little guys, wouldn't you? That looks like a truck's shifter.

I voted cool.

> It's chuckable. Small car, short wheel base, wheeeeeeeeeeee.
> It should be physically impossible to park it badly or have to parrallel park using more than just one fluid movement.
> Painted black with an off-set red stripe, 'tis the shizzle.
vw-fox-5-s.jpg

The seat fabric begs to differ.
That's like seeing a my Maths lecturer in uni wearing his usual drab clothes but wearing a Billabong hoody. Just because a part may be deemed cool, does not make it entirely cool.

> It should be physically impossible to park it badly or have to parrallel park using more than just one fluid movement.

The smaller the car you drive is, the worse is your parking. You relax because you think it's so easy to park, and then it hits you when you step out :cool:

That seat fabric in the Fox interior is like mint cars with rusted hoods, or when kids are fitting new, weird headliners to their stock interiors, where did that come from? Doesn't fit in or flow at all.

Posting specs pushes a car seriously towards the uncool side.

But, I do feel the car has a cool aura to it. The single driver's side window toggle, the glass rear hatch. You just feel that this is a totally different type of...

Damnit, I should've voted Uncool. I like the style, but if that's the first thing I type, there's no hope.

(transplanted from next post)
Yep. Same here.

For those of you who can't see how the specs of a car matter...Let's say you've got a 2008 Mustang, with the V6. HOW COOL IS THAT? But then we swap an aluminum version of the GT500 engine/drivetrain in. I'd have made it a comparison between a V6 and the actual Shelby, but some would consider that the Shelby name and other chances were the important part, not the 500hp V8.
Few people have ever been so wrong. As you've just proven, that's a car you have to explain.

And, as Clarkson proves in nasal tones, explaining a car is Seriously Uncool. In fact, I believe many cars could be much cooler if their owners would just shut up about them. I dream of owning and speaking about a Citroen DS one day. But the word "oleopnuematic is about as cool as an overpwered, plain-looking American car that looks slower than it is.

EDIT: I will concede that knowing a car's specs will give you an idea of what it's all about, agility or power or utility, et cetera. But, specifications are, and always have been, Seriously Uncool.

Last edited:
Perhaps I need to use more [sarcasm] tags?

Who am I kidding? I'm still a VW fanboy at heart...

The Fox is cool because:

1) Its made in Brazil
- Cool people come from Brazil

2) Its a Volkswagen
- Its German, you know they make good stuff (thanks Shamwow guy!)

3) Looks good in yellow
- Cool cars are always yellow. See: Ferrari

Posting specs pushes a car seriously towards the uncool side.

But, I do feel the car has a cool aura to it. The single driver's side window toggle, the glass rear hatch. You just feel that this is a totally different type of...

Damnit, I should've voted Uncool. I like the style, but if that's the first thing I type, there's no hope.

(transplanted from next post)Few people have ever been so wrong. As you've just proven, that's a car you have to explain.

And, as Clarkson proves in nasal tones, explaining a car is Seriously Uncool. In fact, I believe many cars could be much cooler if their owners would just shut up about them. I dream of owning and speaking about a Citroen DS one day. But the word "oleopnuematic is about as cool as an overpwered, plain-looking American car that looks slower than it is.

EDIT: I will concede that knowing a car's specs will give you an idea of what it's all about, agility or power or utility, et cetera. But, specifications are, and always have been, Seriously Uncool.

Let me put it this way: Which is cooler, a standard economy car or its high performance variant? Porsche Carrera v. GT3, Mini Cooper v. Cooper S, Honda Civic EX v. Civic Si. Mustang V6 v. GT.

Voted uncool.

But, why are the specs being posted again? As far as I've known, the specs have zero to do with how cool/uncool a car it is, but rather, the image they give.

Reventón;3279302
Voted uncool.

But, why are the specs being posted again? As far as I've known, the specs have zero to do with how cool/uncool a car it is, but rather, the image they give.

Hey thats what I say, could have done with this backing for when the people that do want specs were making their arguement. Instead everyone who doesn't want specs keeps quite so I had too.

I saw the comment above with Civic R being cooler than EX and so on. Indeed, but the title of the car says that, not the specs.
Besides, you must think of something important here; when a car is nominated, the nominator is choosing the model. The IS220D and the 1998 Porsche 911 993 GT2 are very specific models, whereas the 'Ford Mondeo', 'Evo X' and 'VW Scirocco' are not. There's a fundamental flaw; are nominators supposed to keep it specific right down to tI saw the comment above with Civic R being cooler than EX and so on. Indeed, but the title of the car says that, not the specs.
Besides, you must think of something important here; when a car is nominated, the nominator is choosing the model. The IS220D and the 1998 Porsche 911 993 GT2 are very specific models, whereas the 'Ford Mondeo', 'Evo X' and 'VW Scirocco' are not. There's a fundamental flaw; are nominators supposed to keep it specific right down to the engine and trims/grades, or nominate the model name, and that's it?

I think you should sort this out before going on about specs or not any further ;)

Who am I kidding? I'm still a VW fanboy at heart...

The Fox is cool because I used to own a car of the same name.

:P

Let me put it this way: Which is cooler, a standard economy car or its high performance variant? Porsche Carrera v. GT3, Mini Cooper v. Cooper S, Honda Civic EX v. Civic Si. Mustang V6 v. GT.

Carrera is a cool German sporting car. GT3: "Why's there scaffolding in the back?" Uncool.

With the Civics and Minis, I can't really say yes or no, because they don't look much different from one another.

Mustang V6s are way more uncool than Mustang GTs. Because those are cars people actually tend to know about.

The point is, there are certain cool performance models and there are certain uncool performance models. The coolest go-fast car is the one that clearly distinguishes itself without looking a fool. I feel that a car's dignity is a huge part of its coolness. To put that into layman's terms, would your (female) date approve?

Remember, as a gerneral rule, auto enthusiasts are generally dreadful people and thus very, very uncool. So, bragging about mechanicals is something very dangerous.

The smaller the car you drive is, the worse is your parking. You relax because you think it's so easy to park, and then it hits you when you step out :cool:

Experienced this firsthand. First few times I drove a new i10, I had to get back in, start the car up again, and pull up closer to the wall. And straighten the damn thing out. After a while, I got sick of it and resigned myself to leaving enough space in front of me to park another i10... :lol:

----

The Aygo is cool. How could it not be? Anything with 3 cylinders is cool. 3 cylinder cars sound like 1/4th of a Lamborghini (Murcie, please!) at just 1/100th the price.

I have never driven a 3 cylinder motor that I didn't like to hear revving.

Crashworthiness? Power? Handling? What do these things have to do with being cool? Specs are worthless on the cool wall. It's like saying the BMW M5 is cooler than the M3 because it's more powerful and the M3 coupe is cooler than the M3 saloon because it's faster... Nothing could be further from the truth. The M3 saloon is the coolest of all because it's an absolute Q-Car compared to the bulging flares, overwrought design and huge rims of the other two. And the engine note is epic. That note deserves a place on the Cool Wall just above and to the left of the actual car itself.

And safer than any pickup yet tested (and I hope people don't go on about extra mass to absorb, blah blah blah... what matters in a crash is initial deceleration and impact force transmitted to the passengers, and if you're crashing on the road, the initial gee of deceleration will be identical no matter what the momentum... the momentum just tells you how far off you'll roll after impact)... but they were talking about rear-enders. Sitting with your head a few inches frm the rear bumper when a lorry hits you isn't a great way to go.

Back