The most extreme Lotus Exige EVER!

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 23 comments
United States
New York
thepatriots
This is just ridiculous. I do not even want to fathom how scary this would be to drive.

All you really need to know is LS9 Corvette ZR1 engine in a car that weighs a little over 2000lbs. :crazy:

LINK

All you really need to know is LS9 Corvette ZR1 engine in a car that weighs a little over 2000lbs.

Despite that, the fastest package is claimed to do 0-100 in only 2.9 seconds, 0.4 seconds slower than the twice-as-heavy Bugatti Veyron. Why not put in an 5.7l CGT-sourced V10 or perhaps stretch out to a AMG-sourced 7.3l V12?

I was holding out on posting this, as the source material is a little dodgy. That white photo is not the car they are working on at all, but rather something Lotus built themselves in 2001 or so (it is something of an S1/S2 fusion). It was a leaked photo that made Lotus tighten up security around their facilities. Nothing is known as to what happened to it, but that 7 year old photo certainly isn't an Italian-bred V8 Exige.

Either way it'd probably feel just like any other overpowered car. They aren't impossible to drive.

EDIT: BTW, the "EXTREMA" on the side of the pic is photoshopped.

Despite that, the fastest package is claimed to do 0-100 in only 2.9 seconds, 0.4 seconds slower than the twice-as-heavy Bugatti Veyron. Why not put in an 5.7l CGT-sourced V10 or perhaps stretch out to a AMG-sourced 7.3l V12?

0-60 in 2.9, and there's no real logical reason to compare this to a Veyron.

Either way it'd probably feel just like any other overpowered car. They aren't impossible to drive.

EDIT: BTW, the "EXTREMA" on the side of the pic is photoshopped.

Looks more like MS paint'ed. :lol:

Last edited:
You can see the EXTREMA logo on the side pic, but not on the 3/4 view pic. :dunce: I mean, if you're going to fake it may aswell fake it well.

I wonder how much the huge GM V8 will upset the handling between the wheelbase modifications and the extra weight there.

Not to mention the power from the still lightweight and short wheelbase car, especially with all that down low torque.

You can see the EXTREMA logo on the side pic, but not on the 3/4 view pic. :dunce: I mean, if you're going to fake it may aswell fake it well.

I wonder how much the huge GM V8 will upset the handling between the wheelbase modifications and the extra weight there.

Not to mention the power from the still lightweight and short wheelbase car, especially with all that down low torque.

If a company can't even get their marketing visuals beyond the level of a rank amateur, it makes you wonder how well put together their cars are going to be. Stretching the wheel base of a tube-frame or even a regular steel monocoque chassis is one thing, but once you start messing with a glued and riveted extruded aluminium platform you are getting into some complicated stuff.

If a company can't even get their marketing visuals beyond the level of a rank amateur, it makes you wonder how well put together their cars are going to be. Stretching the wheel base of a tube-frame or even a regular steel monocoque chassis is one thing, but once you start messing with a glued and riveted extruded aluminium platform you are getting into some complicated stuff.

They wouldn't be playing much with the actual aluminum tub of the Elise, but rather engineering a bespoke rear subframe that would fit the new powersource. Either way, you're putting down abnormal amounts of power through a chassis architecture designed for something with far less.

Most of you will agree - I'll believe it when I see it.

I love how there is a Hi Res image of a poorly Photoshopped car.

Also, if you could get a 3.4L V8 producing power that puts Honda engines to shame, why would you bother with an LS7?

:lol: "Only"

Physics and traction rules do apply, keep that in mind.

Still, the whole thing looks like a farce...

You guys are a sharp bunch. I did not even notice the odd lettering. Anyways the company does exist and they do have a website but it does look pretty low end for a company putting an LS9 into an Exige. I really want to believe this is true.

Meh...enough arguing.

115gt1b.jpg

This, undeniably and truly, is the most extreme expression of an Elise, Ever. At least, built by Lotus themselves.

Although, if you think of it in a different way, this could also be it.

lotus2eleven.jpg

:lol: "Only"

Physics and traction rules do apply, keep that in mind.

Still, the whole thing looks like a farce...

And there there's that economics thing...An LS9 probably costs a third of either of those options.

Because that's not how it works, as someone already pointed out. OOps.

-> I wonder on how this car is going to compare (to an another "Lotus") Hennessey Venom GT? :confused:

-> I wonder on how this car is going to compare (to an another "Lotus") Hennessey Venom GT? :confused:

Did you reaaaallly have to dig up this thread just to make smalltalk?

If in fact you really are concerned with how souped-up-Exige of the moment compares with souped-up-Exige from a year ago, would it not have been more sensible to post this in the current thread rather than needlessly bringing this one up and, as a result, confusing everyone in sight as to why there are suddenly 2 different 'extreme Lotus' threads floating about in the same forum? Or better yet, simply read through the specification that is linked in the first post and compare the two in your own time? Nope? Ok.

-> ...
]Did you reaaaallly have to dig up this thread just to make smalltalk? [/B]

If in fact you really are concerned with how souped-up-Exige of the moment compares with souped-up-Exige from a year ago, would it not have been more sensible to post this in the current thread rather than needlessly bringing this one up and, as a result, confusing everyone in sight as to why there are suddenly 2 different 'extreme Lotus' threads floating about in the same forum? Or better yet, simply read through the specification that is linked in the first post and compare the two in your own time? Nope? Ok.
^ For your information, I've already researched this car on my Vehicle Wish List. I'm just asking other peoples opinions, on what do they think about the car in comparison.

-> In fact it's better than stating up a whole new thread like 90% of the newbies here in GTP. :indiff:

-> And to take note, I did not dig up this thread. Its within my 1st page of the forum, its not like this thread is on the 5th page or something, Geez! And before you make assuptions, look through the thread (on page number 1) on who bumped this thread before accusing me. :grumpy:

Last edited:
^ For your information, I've already researched this car on my Vehicle Wish List. I'm just asking other peoples opinions, on what do they think about the car in comparison.

No, you weren't.

That is the general purpose of a thread in the first place, and people have had, what, 14 months to decide whether or not they want to give their opinions. Generally they don't require prompting. Except this wasn't a prompt, or you'd have said 'what does everyone think of this car in comparison?' not 'I wonder how this will compare...' - a sentence that is just crying out to be counted as rhetorical.

-> In fact it's better than stating up a whole new thread like 90% of the newbies here in GTP. :indiff:

Oh then congratulations for managing not to behave like someone who's been here for 10 minutes 👍

-> And to take note, I did not dig up this thread. Its within my 1st page of the forum, its not like this thread is on the 5th page or something, Geez! And before you make assuptions, look through the thread (on page number 1) on who bumped this thread before accusing me. :grumpy:

Then my apologies for accusing you of digging. In which case... why did you feel the need to validate the original bumper's gravedig by replying with an almost-as-ridiculous post?

Back