Offering to Tame the Untamables....WannaSpeed

My cars are all track day-oriented, and run anywhere between an S2 and an R5, and will handle VERY well, with tendencies towards oversteer; very much pronounced on turn-in. I have a soft spot for fire-breathing monsters, so don;t expect to get run down on the straights; and hang on for dear life on corner exits. They can all get a bit hairy. This thread is just a stick-me-out-there, to guage interest and gain a name. I will have the tunes set out as I gain interest. Thanks for the time!

-Matt

RUF BTR- Still working on it, have been for over a year. If you don't like big wings, STAY AWAY:D This will be my best solution the to infamous monster, but still good enough to handle a Stage 4/5. Look forward to lots of money in tires and suspension SLICK TIRE TUNE AVAILABLE, SPORT TIRE TUNE AVAILABLE SOON
GT4001.jpg

Subaru WRX STi Spec-C- 'Ring whore. This one has run a 7:02 with me and a PS2 controller at the helm. Probably capapble of much more. Expect to run R3sSLICK TIRE AND SPORT TIRE TUNE AVAILABLE\
GT4002.jpg

Ford GT Still the oversteering pig we have all come to know and love. But much less of a wild bore this time around. S3s for this puppy. Go light on the gas

'74 Alfa Romeo Guilia A classic, Italian go-kart on M3 wheels. Runs like a raped ape, handles like a dream. Calm enough to run S2s.

Nissan 300ZX Turbo One of my favorites; simply made to go way sideways. Run S2/S1, and hang on! The boost is slow, so keep it right near the rev limiter.

Shelby 427 S/C One word. Terrifying. Rip up the 'Ring below 7:30, and stick each apex like a postage stamp.
IMG0007.jpg

BMW M Coupe Just a pleasure to drive. I'm working on some inherent understter, a well-known problem with the chassis, but it shoult be done soon. I've gone 7:12 on the 'Ring with this baby!

Last edited:
Like the garage!👍 Hoping to see much from this thread in the future!;)

Happy Hunting
AMMT crew

Hey Cobrawannabe, good luck with the garage and some day I might try a tune

Might be worth posting a tune in a thread like this...

EDIT: wtf? Count to five and we get a tune? So far this seems like a stupid waste of my time. There is enough spam and :censored:Posting in the Tuning Forum at the moment. I've no problem with your starting another garage, but to do so, you need some tunes to post, not half-made ideas. If you want to see a well-conducted garage opening check out GME. Mafs opened with 19 cars in 3 divisions, whereas you list six cars that you claim to be working on without a single tune.

Also, you have double-posted when you should have used the edit function. Refer to AUP re this. And yes, I did use said edit function to subvert your silly little idea about getting 5 posts.

Sorry if this is a bit harsh, I'd like to test a car of yours at some point but my GT4 time is very limited and therefore valuable. Pls PM me if you do post a tune cause I won't be back here til then.

Last edited by a moderator:
RUF Tune for Slicks:

Aesthetics/Aero
Wing: Type 4 black
Downforce: 30 front/ 30 rear
Wheels: BBS

Power
Exhaust: Racing
Chip: Sports
Nitrous: Equip, set @ 40
Turbo: Stage 4
Intercooler: Racing

Drivetrain
Transmission: Stock
Clutch: Triple Plate
Flywheel: Stock
Limited Slip: 1.5 Way
AYC Controller: None

Chassis
Brakes: Racing
Brake Controller: None
Suspension: Racing
1. Spring Rate
-front-9.5
-rear-10.0
2. Shock Bound
-front-7
-rear-7
3. Shock Rebound
-front- 5
-rear-5
4. Camber
-front- 3.0
-rear- 1.5
5. Toe Angle
-front- 0
-rear- 0
6. Stabilizers
-front-7
-rear-7

Last edited:
PF
Might be worth posting a tune in a thread like this...

EDIT: wtf? Count to five and we get a tune? So far this seems like a stupid waste of my time. There is enough spam and :censored:Posting in the Tuning Forum at the moment. I've no problem with your starting another garage, but to do so, you need some tunes to post, not half-made ideas. If you want to see a well-conducted garage opening check out GME. Mafs opened with 19 cars in 3 divisions, whereas you list six cars that you claim to be working on without a single tune.

Also, you have double-posted when you should have used the edit function. Refer to AUP re this. And yes, I did use said edit function to subvert your silly little idea about getting 5 posts.

Sorry if this is a bit harsh, I'd like to test a car of yours at some point but my GT4 time is very limited and therefore valuable. Pls PM me if you do post a tune cause I won't be back here til then.

1. I know how to use a forum. I used the double post as away to update the thread, and not let it go into oblivion. I know bumping isn't awesome, but I felt this thread needed it.

2. This is not a half-baked idea. I am a VERY experienced Gran Turismo driver( I have been playing GT since '97; when I was seven years old), and I know what the hell I'm doing. I'm not just some moron looking for attention.

3. Did you not notice the other posts? AND HOW I EDITED THEM?

4. Check out the RUF tune, let me know what you think. This is still a challenging car, but it is good fun to romp on.

Well, you have certainly chosen a car verging on the 'untameable'. I'll try this one out when I get back home in a few days, but have a couple of questions.
*Which tyres? I get a bit twitchy if without the exact settings for a car.
*Bound 7/7 and rebound 5/5 is an unusual setup, rebound tends to be higher than bound. If this is no typo, could you explain why it works on this car and how you arrived at the figures? I'm not a terribly good tuner and most of my knowledge comes from asking stupid questions like this. And the following one.
*Stg 4 and stock flywheel seems odd; do you not suffer in low-speed accel due to this?
*Are you using Aids of 0/0/0?

This tune looks interesting and I look forward to trying it.

I know bumping isn't awesome, but I felt this thread needed it.

Agreed, bumping isn't awesome but nor is it necessary. gtp keeps threads for 12mths after the last post.

Correction, GTP keeps threads forever.

Dammit, just as I hit send II realised some one would pick me up on that. What I meant was that they are kept in the Tuning/settings subforum list of threads for 12mths after the last post.

Is there an archive where we can look through the older ones?

EDIT: Thanks RJ!

Last edited:
PF
Well, you have certainly chosen a car verging on the 'untameable'. I'll try this one out when I get back home in a few days, but have a couple of questions.
*Which tyres? I get a bit twitchy if without the exact settings for a car.
*Bound 7/7 and rebound 5/5 is an unusual setup, rebound tends to be higher than bound. If this is no typo, could you explain why it works on this car and how you arrived at the figures? I'm not a terribly good tuner and most of my knowledge comes from asking stupid questions like this. And the following one.
*Stg 4 and stock flywheel seems odd; do you not suffer in low-speed accel due to this?
*Are you using Aids of 0/0/0?

This tune looks interesting and I look forward to trying it.

Agreed, bumping isn't awesome but nor is it necessary. gtp keeps threads for 12mths after the last post.

Since the car is running on such an uneven track (this is a 'Ring tune, really) I needed a bit slower rebound to stop the twitchiness of the car. A fast rebound slams the wheel onto the ground, and I'd rather have 3 solid contact patches for the extra .001 second than 2 changing contact patches, and two solid ones.

The flywheel was chosen to keep the torque up. A lightweight flywheel may keep the rotating mass down, but the crank suffers from less momentum. Since The Ring is a course with many quick elevation changes, I wanted to minimize the downshifting. To answer the other side of the question, yes. The car is a dog below 2000 RPM. But as long as you know what gear to be in, and keep it above 3500 RPM, the car will pull like a muthaeffah!:D

The tires I chose were originally R5s, but I realized that that was an ultimately unrealistic tire to run. Since I'm sure some will attempt to race this car, wear is a major concern with nearly 700 HP making it to the wheels, even in an RR. Also, I was able to make a clean lap until around the first carousel, but would lose it often in sweepers. This was telling me that the car was gripping well, but the soft compound of the tires made the threshold of traction both unpredictable and snappy. The car was simply whipping out of control, rather than the soft oversteer that I prefer. As a result, I decided to run R3s, considering the balance of a relatively snappy warm-up time and good, predictable grip.

I never use driving aids. Ever. Ever.

As for the bump, I wanted the thread to stay towards the top of the list so I made sure that I wasn't putting all this effort in for nothing, ya know? I have been perfecting the RUF for 3 years, now. I'm sure it will be a controversial tune, nonetheless.

Thank you for your understanding,

Matt

Last edited:
Ruf Btr

Track:Capri Rally(Easy)

First I tried this stock it was quite slidly.
I tried it with the settings (Not Down force) still quite slidly but then I remembered that I forgot the Down force settings:dunce:.So I put those settings on. Less slidly but after that jump,I spin out of control.
I did put on R2 tires and stock Driving Aids.

Good Points
Very Quick(Even MORE quicker with nitrous)
Better Brakes (but remember to brake from a distance!)
Looks cool and funny with the Wing

Bad Points
Quite Stiff
Doesn't get to far a away from the AI (about 19 seconds)

Rating:6/10

Yes, this car is still very twitchy. The Ring is very difficult with it, but this tune was designed to make the car fast, not easy:)

I'll try to update it if I can find anything to fix the landing problems it has, but to be honest, there probably isn't much that can be done. I'll try to loosen up the chassis a bit, but I'm afraid that will make the car too soft and wallowy. We'll see. Thanks for the feedback!:) This car is designed to shockl people. It is full weight, and is designed to use no driving aids. With the right driver, it is almost un catchable. AS a matter of fact, I have pulled over 50 secs over the AI in Capri. Keep working on driving the car. Once you catch on, it will blow your mind.

You might want to try to lower the dampers and stiffen the springs in return. Maybe this would solve your landing problems a bit?

Notes on the RUF BTR

you have certainly chosen a car verging on the 'untameable'

What a bloody understatement. This a fantastic choice of car, I hadn't used this one before; my only experience with RUF was as a newbie: winning the Yellow Bird, tuning it, then selling it 5 min later cause the bloody thing wouldn't stay on the road.

I should say from the outset that we really didn't like this tune, but we couldn't consider it a 'bad tune'.

You've mentioned that you developed the tune over 3yrs, and I think that's where we have to differ. It seems to us that youhave tweaked the car to your driving style to the point that we can't really use it. But I've gotta say, you are an awesome driver if you can get it half way round the 'ring cleanly (I recall reading this somewhere).

I can sort of understand the stiff chassis: the acceleration and speed on this thing is quite surreal. And I mean not just good but jaw-droppingly fast, as Patron-Saint Clarkson might say. But we just can't keep it on the road. We tried GVS and the 'ring to no avail. At GVS we got about one blisteringly-fast lap per 8-10 attempts. Had to give up on the 'ring due to frustration.

I'm not a big fan of tunes of the R3 calibre, but I'd like to have a go at tuning the RUF in competition with yours. Whaddayareckon? We could submit tunes to an independent judge or two and see where we both went wrong or right.

PF
Notes on the RUF BTR

What a bloody understatement. This a fantastic choice of car, I hadn't used this one before; my only experience with RUF was as a newbie: winning the Yellow Bird, tuning it, then selling it 5 min later cause the bloody thing wouldn't stay on the road.

I should say from the outset that we really didn't like this tune, but we couldn't consider it a 'bad tune'.

You've mentioned that you developed the tune over 3yrs, and I think that's where we have to differ. It seems to us that youhave tweaked the car to your driving style to the point that we can't really use it. But I've gotta say, you are an awesome driver if you can get it half way round the 'ring cleanly (I recall reading this somewhere).

I can sort of understand the stiff chassis: the acceleration and speed on this thing is quite surreal. And I mean not just good but jaw-droppingly fast, as Patron-Saint Clarkson might say. But we just can't keep it on the road. We tried GVS and the 'ring to no avail. At GVS we got about one blisteringly-fast lap per 8-10 attempts. Had to give up on the 'ring due to frustration.

I'm not a big fan of tunes of the R3 calibre, but I'd like to have a go at tuning the RUF in competition with yours. Whaddayareckon? We could submit tunes to an independent judge or two and see where we both went wrong or right.

Sure! I'll kick mine around a bit more, try to open it up a bit to other people, and see what I can do. Sorry for the one-planed tune, I lost sight of the fact that other people may attemtp to drive it; not just my tire-smoke-obsessed, oversteering, maniacal self..:sly:

Ya know what, I added a new car to the list. This one's about done!

Last edited:
Back