GTP Cool Wall : 2003 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor VOTE!

Ford Crown Victoria

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boiltheocean

Premium
Samoa
Samoa
.: 2003 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor suggested by hamstrings :.

OmahaPoliceDepartment-00sFordCrownVictoria.jpg

Spec
Engine : V8, SOHC, front engine RWD
Displacement : 4,600 cc
Valve : 16 valves, 2 valves per cylinder
Transmission : 4-spd automatic
Fuel economy : city - 16 mpg
highway - 22 mpg

Horsepower : 235 hp @ 4750 rpm
Torque : 275 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
0-60 mph : 8.7 sec.

Curb Weight : 4020 lbs
Overall length : 212.0 in.
Wheelbase : 114.7 in.
Overall Width : 78.2 in.
Height : 56.8 in.

As an owner of one. I think everyone knows what my vote will be. Just a little hint though, the P71 Police Interceptors of 03 have 250hp. While the civilian CV has 224hp or 239 hp with the dual exhaust option.

It's a government vehicle. Eww.

Now a Marauder is cool.

As a former owner of a P71 my vote is clear. Its just sub zero, period. Its an old fashioned American Musclecar. A TRUE musclecar. Large saloon with a V8 and RWD. Who cares if its slow (I guess) it makes a good noise and is just cool and menacing in all black.

Ford CVPI is definetly Subzero. As JCE said, its a modern day muscle car. It's got a big, loud V8 and it's mean.

Now a Marauder is cool.

Correction: The Marauder should go in the DB9 fridge along with the '94-96 Impala SS/Caprice 9C1 and the erm...DB9.

I voted "sub-zero" mainly because its the most ancient car sold in the American market that continues to be relevant for no reason other than its impossible to break, and perhaps the greatest sleeper Ford to roll out of Detroit since the Cobra-Jet powered Galaxies from back in the '60s.

Nab one in black on black with the ram bar still attached, you're going to be hard pressed to find a car that is more bad-ass. Srsly.

Merely "cool", just because Ford didn't do as they should have and put either a 5.4 or a dual-cam 4.6 in.
To be fair, as I understand it the SOHC modular was the only one that would fit. That being said, now that the SOHC motor has over 300 horses it is somewhat annoying that the Police only get 240 (of course, I've noticed that NY-owned Interceptors are rarely not supercharged).

To be fair, as I understand it the SOHC modular was the only one that would fit. That being said, now that the SOHC motor has over 300 horses it is somewhat annoying that the Police only get 240 (of course, I've noticed that NY-owned Interceptors are rarely not supercharged).

You can thank Ford for still using the 2V 4.6L. The 3V should be in with no exceptions.

This thread needs a better pic:
dsc00622ix1.jpg

:sly:

Or post a pic of ND4SPD's. :D

I take offense to that. I drive a Ford.

It is okay, his opinion doesn't much count because he is a badge elitist. But while I also am, I use real reasons (reliable, cost, so on) where as he just sees "American" and concludes it's rubbish.

It is okay, his opinion doesn't much count because he is a badge elitist. But while I also am, I use real reasons (reliable, cost, so on) where as he just sees "American" and concludes it's rubbish.

Almost 51,000 miles on my Focus and it hasn't had a single fault. The last 50 or so miles were pretty abused by me though :P

That's not exactly true, old buddy. I just have had bad experience with Fords that color my opinion with excessive negativity towards the cursed blue oval of doom. :D in addition, this car is heavy, it's sedan, it has cattle bars that belong to offroaders etc.. and quite often, if I recall right, had to chase the offender in the elongated chases that were then show in tv for entertainment even if the criminal got hurt in the process. :rolleyes:

I'd say uncool...trust me, I swear it is heavier than a herd of elephants, and if it isn't, it certainly feels like it is. And it has virtually no acceleration. I was one touch away from putting seriously uncool, but the saving grace of this particular car...is that it's a police interceptor. :)

As a European and a Ford guy i voted cool. Although i do have a creeping suspicion that i've voted for the US version of an ex po-leeese Granada or Omega.

I voted uncool, because where I worked all of the Taxi cabs were decommissioned PIs, and none of them had a "good " interior. Well aside from easily being able to clean up puke in all of the seats and floors SUPER EASILY. Plus some of them had two buttons for opening the trunk... I can understand why... but why not all of them then. Oh but props for having adjustable pedals..lol. And would have to go with the Marauder on looks, like yesterday I just saw one of them parked out a local shop....looked sooo sweeet.

That's not exactly true, old buddy. I just have had bad experience with Fords that color my opinion with excessive negativity towards the cursed blue oval of doom. :D in addition, this car is heavy, it's sedan, it has cattle bars that belong to offroaders etc.. and quite often, if I recall right, had to chase the offender in the elongated chases that were then show in tv for entertainment even if the criminal got hurt in the process. :rolleyes:

Hey! They are entertaining. It serves the criminals right for running.

Cool. But only in the US and Canada - drive one in Europe and you'd look like an ass. That goes for just about any cool American car, to be honest.

Cool. But only in the US and Canada - drive one in Europe and you'd look like an ass. That goes for just about any cool American car, to be honest.

Some point in my life I will go over to London with a big loud American v8 powered car. Just to piss people off :sly: Show them how a car should sound :)

Some point in my life I will go over to London with a big loud American v8 powered car. Just to piss people off :sly: Show them how a car should sound :)

Unfortunately, it doesn't work quite like that ;) You're far more likely to end up looking like Tim Westwood:

42914C10AE69A69C65EFD32F705827.jpg

...which is never a good thing.

Latest Posts

Back