GTP Cool Wall : 2003 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor VOTE!

Ford Crown Victoria

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay Sub-zero...It's the last great American police car.

and that's all there is. Too bad they never shoved the Mustang engine under the hood.

Sub-zero. The CVPI is by all means a horrible car, but it is absolutely awesome. It's got a V-8 (although it's not very powerful) it's got RWD (But probably terrible weight distibution) and it's as robust as an armor plated rhino. Thing is, it's still cool as hell.

He's going to drive over me, isn't he. :guilty:

Obviously I just meant stuff made in the '90s onwards ;) Yeah. That's what I meant.

Who ever said it was going to be from the last 18 years?

I would get a Cuda' with a 440 six pack baby.

Sub-zero. The CVPI is by all means a horrible car, but it is absolutely awesome. It's got a V-8 (although it's not very powerful) it's got RWD (But probably terrible weight distibution) and it's as robust as an armor plated rhino. Thing is, it's still cool as hell.

Oddly enough. I believe in the Fleet Brochure they state that the CVPI has 50/50 weight distribution.

This person gets it 100%. By all definition it should be uncool, but it isn't. Using TopGear's rules this is at LEAST cool...and maybe subzero.

Hmmm... almost 2 tons, only 250ish bhp, 0-60 in mid 8's... the only thing it's going to 'intercept' are school run mums driving mini-vans.

How can a 4.6l V8 only manage to produce 250bhp??

The black on black one looks pretty mean though.

Hmmm... almost 2 tons, only 250ish bhp, 0-60 in mid 8's... the only thing it's going to 'intercept' are school run mums driving mini-vans.
It helps that most people who start police chases are terrible drivers. Besides, they have Camaros for more speedy pursuits.

How can a 4.6l V8 only manage to produce 250bhp?
Its essentially the modular engine as it was when it first came out in 1991. Ford hasn't done much of anything to the engine in the Crown Vic.

Seems's to me like most people are missing the point of the cool wall. It doesnt matter how much it weighs, how much power its V8 produces or even how fast it can get to 60mph. For the simple reason that everytime I think of a classic American car chase I always picture one of these things smoking its tyres and going sideways, and for that reason alone its cool :D

4.6L? According to my girlfriends aunt, the Crown Vic currently being made (not available to the public anymore unfortuantly) comes with the 5.4L (I believe, 5.something anyways). My girlfriends dad, aunt, grandma and grandpa (both retired though) all work/worked at the plant in St. Thomas that makes the Crown Vic, Marauder (when made) and Lincoln Cont.

I'll vote "cool" as the design is classic American, the FR layout is great, and the things can drive through a brick wall or deer and keep on trucking. If the power was there, my vote would change to Sub-Zero, but since my Prelude and G35 could take one by seconds at the track with less than half the litres, it will stay as cool.

They tried doing the 5.4L for the Marauder, but it wouldn't fit without major redesigns of the engine mounts.

Well according to her the Crown Vic recieved the 5.4L, and the Grand Marquis/Lincoln got the 4.6L. Odd.

She is a bit of a drunk though, so who knows. :lol:

No Crown Vic ever recieved the 5.4L Modular. The old 80's and early 90's Vic's recieved the 5.8L SBF. Those made a good noise too.

Back