Clutch cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
meagainstyou GTP_MeAgainstYou PureGT_MAY
everyone noticed that there are some guys cheating with some kind of mechanism to change the gears quickly without any lost of time!?

i found 3 guys until now:

yamado_racing38
I_I-UfuK-l_l
I_I-AmiR-l_l

you can see them mostly on the F430 replays

this is crap... 👎 👎 👎🤬

watch this before posting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x12vDRILlI

Last edited:
Are you sure this is a cheat, I watched some of the replays and most of them are that speed?

@ bruno

i contacted one of them.

they sell the mod.

i hope i will get an answer. maybe the tell us how the thing is working.

Last edited:
@ bruno

i contacted one of them.

they sell the mod.

i hope i will get an answer. maybe the tell us how the thing is working.

i really dont want to know how they do.. i think its a disrespectable act for those guys trying to find any way to gain advantage on others cheating.. they should be banned from PSN :grumpy:

This is tongue-in-cheek right? Like, a joke?

I don't have a G25, but I'm not going to deny those people who pay £150 and spend hours practicing to play a game a little advantage.

This is tongue-in-cheek right? Like, a joke?

I don't have a G25, but I'm not going to deny those people who pay £150 and spend hours practicing to play a game a little advantage.

are you kidding me? :lol:

i have a G25 and i use clutch yes... but the thing is that those guys are using some other mechanism to cut the delay of the gear changes because they dont even put the foot off from the throttle pedal during the changes...

dear dear me :(

more cheaters :@, we get rid off power shifters (alright a while ago but still) and now we have these idiots ruining the game by having a clutch device. Disgraceful, they should be banned of PSN like bruno said :@

Pardon my ignorance, and I ask only for the sake of my own interest and nothing more, but is it quite easy to spot when this is being used - or atleast, is it easy to prove that someone is using such a device other than the mere fact that they are quick? If so, then presumably it would be relatively easy to legislate against i.e. in a competition that specifically prohibits the use of such devices?

Pardon my ignorance, and I ask only for the sake of my own interest and nothing more, but is it quite easy to spot when this is being used - or atleast, is it easy to prove that someone is using such a device other than the mere fact that they are quick? If so, then presumably it would be relatively easy to legislate against i.e. in a competition that specifically prohibits the use of such devices?

look at suzuka/f430.. look at the names on the top (its a very tight combo)... how the hell that 1st guy could be almost 4 tenths faster then everyone else!?

to use clutch on the right way you need to see the "N" when a gear is changed and you need to take off your foot from the throttle pedal otherwise it wont change (you'll miss the gear) it is humanly impossible to change gears so quick man.. something is behind that!

anyone knows how the FANATEC works on that? to refute that possibility...

look at suzuka/f430.. look at the names on the top (its a very tight combo)... how the hell that 1st guy could be almost 4 tenths faster then everyone else!?

to use clutch on the right way you need to see the "N" when a gear is changed and you need to take off your foot from the throttle pedal otherwise it wont change (you'll miss the gear) it is humanly impossible to change gears so quick man.. something is behind that!

anyone knows how the FANATEC works on that? to refute that possibility...

I'm with MAY on this......... i've watched the replays and something wierd is definately afoot.

When you see the names below and see MAY putting the question forward (who is bullet fast, one of the quickest out there...) you then have to question whether the rules are being bent.

Well, I've got a G25, and I don't see how anyone could every gain any real advantage using the clutch. I'm used to using real clutches. The G25 clutch is a freaking joke. I love the G25 overall, but the clutch is absolutely useless. It is very, very close to being an "on-off switch". No matter how long I practice with it I can't get it to work properly. Fun? Sure! A way to win a race? No way (at least not if you've spent 25+ years using real clutches). I've autocrossed a good number of manual vehicles, and I've missed a shift - never! I can't drive with the clutch engaged on the G25 for more than about 1 minute without missing a shift. What you can do though, is engage the 6-speed shifter, but not the clutch. Then shift and use the clutch pedal as if it was working, even though it doesn't do anything. This gives you an experience much closer to using a real clutch. You can shift this way almost as fast as you can with the "flappy paddles".

So whatever these guys are doing, I doubt it has anything to do with the G25 and the clutch.

Last edited:
We (GTros) are racing in the TT combo Suzuka-F430 and we have noticed too the clutch cheat from I_I-UfuK-l_l.

I've seen this cheat in more replays in another car and they aren't from UfuK, AmiR or yamado, them are from japanese racers (if I remember well).

The paradoxal thing is that with that clutch cheat the F430 shifts gears like in real life and not like Polyphony has sold.

Polyphony did a huge disgrace in the last GT5P update with that clutch programing :( , digital function for an analog pedal. :yuck:

I have a G25, and yes you can change gears very quickly, but it won't help.
Look at a replay of someone doing these 'fast shifts' and you'll notice that even how quickly he changes gears, the game doesn't allow him to get back on the power that quick (look at the bottom left of the screen, the white and red bar). So even with a (hardware?) mechanism, it won't go any faster than that.

Ofcourse, it does help a bit, but you can't flat shift anymore, if that's what you're saying.

I have a G25, and yes you can change gears very quickly, but it won't help.
Look at a replay of someone doing these 'fast shifts' and you'll notice that even how quickly he changes gears, the game doesn't allow him to get back on the power that quick (look at the bottom left of the screen, the white and red bar). So even with a (hardware?) mechanism, it won't go any faster than that.

the problem here is just that... on this guys replays you dont see the white bar going down when they're shifting...

they change gears in FULL THROTTLE!!!

GT5P does not allow a clutch function on any controller/Wheel other than the G25. Makes sense to me why its prohibited in most event here.

Reading the GT Academy thread here, there is a big advantage using the clutch.
Sorry for the stupid question, but can you please point the GT Academy thread?(I searched it but didn't find it)

maybe they're using flappy peddals?? i know i do when i'm driving f430 cuz thats what it has in real life(or what i would have in parallel universe on my f430)

everyone noticed that there are some guys cheating with some kind of mechanism to change the gears quickly without any lost of time!?

i found 3 guys until now:

yamado_racing38
I_I-UfuK-l_l
I_I-AmiR-l_l

you can see them mostly on the F430 replays

this is crap... 👎 👎 👎🤬

tried double clutching or rev matching with the g25?, its does work if you do it fluently (trying to slam it into gear as quickly as possible doesnt work) . You just need good footwork. It might pay to try it before you call it "cheating". I can assure you its not a mod.....

maybe they're using flappy peddals?? i know i do when i'm driving f430 cuz thats what it has in real life(or what i would have in parallel universe on my f430)

Isn't F430 supposed to be paddle shift? :lol:

EDIT: Beat me to it.

Try the paddle shift then try a G25 clutch back to back...... the difference is enormous in shift time. The shift time with the paddles in the F430 is massively slower compared to the G25.

tried double clutching or rev matching with the g25?, its does work if you do it fluently (trying to slam it into gear as quickly as possible doesnt work) . You just need good footwork. It might pay to try it before you call it "cheating". I can assure you its not a mod.....

Do you know of MAY's record and ability? I can assure you he's no novice.

osg
Try the paddle shift then try a G25 clutch back to back...... the difference is enormous in shift time. The shift time with the paddles in the F430 is massively slower compared to the G25.

Do you know of MAY's record and ability? I can assure you he's no novice.

let they talk man.. :lol: people should read carefully what we're saying before posting things without any sense on the context....

for the people who dont know what im talking about and want to compare the correct use of the clutch and the cheating way.. please check WGP_mclarensucks(clean guy) replay at suzuka/F430 and compare it with the guys i've already mentioned before.. you'll will spot it 👍

I watched the replays and there is defenately something going on, his wasnt as clean as your either yet he manages to go much faster than everyone. The shift time is also much faster, a split second of red, while your lap MAY had visible red time in throttle when shifting.
The only thing is we need to know more about where he was using clutch or what.

are you kidding me? :lol:

i have a G25 and i use clutch yes... but the thing is that those guys are using some other mechanism to cut the delay of the gear changes because they dont even put the foot off from the throttle pedal during the changes...

hmmm...You say those guys are using some other mechanism of some sort. That is really no different than you using the clutch. G25 is the only wheel that supports clutch thus gives you the edge over all the wheel/controller users just like they have the edge on your G25 with there so called advantage you claim.

hmmm...You say those guys are using some other mechanism of some sort. That is really no different than you using the clutch. G25 is the only wheel that supports clutch thus gives you the edge over all the wheel/controller users just like they have the edge on your G25 with there so called advantage you claim.

As far as I know, fanatec wheel also supports clutch, so could it be that its mechanism is faster than the G25?

In a way I agree with what your saying, it could be construed as an advantage but who are they cheating at the end of the day, only them selves. It could also be said that someone with a G25 has an advantage over another using the analogue stick on a controller.

If the rule says no clutch then there should be no clutch, if they are real sportsmen/sports ladies.

As the G25 and other wheel setups are becoming more available which have clutch peddles, as one member has said, after paying out a lot of money for their wheel, I can see it would be nice to use it in competition , most members advertise which wheel they own and use. i.e. G25, DFGT. FANATIC or what ever it’s called (sorry TA).
Maybe we could change the rule a little by saying No clutch (only by mutual agreement) as in like for like, this way two guys with G25’s may agree to use the clutch they have paid out a lot of money for.

The same in a new comer to this great forum, a young lad with only a controller and a 15’’ TV who would like to get involved with events, but lets face it, he don’t stand much chance with Division one G25 wheel racers dose he, could this also been seen as an unfair advantage.

We are all sportsmen here, I have no problem with someone using a clutch peddle, in an event race or not, so long as it’s with someone with the same setup.
99% have a Controller, maybe 50% have a wheel and let’s say 20% have G25 of cause then there is TA, lol.

Real sportsmen would say like for like, that way there is no advantage.

Now that’s going to set the cat amongst the pigeons. (You just watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back