Clutch cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The minimal amount of advantage you can get from that is easily beaten by a skillful driver. it indeed looks odd, and I'm also pretty certain that some sort of tinkering had been done, but the best we can do is ignore that guy.

The minimal amount of advantage you can get from that is easily beaten by a skillful driver. it indeed looks odd, and I'm also pretty certain that some sort of tinkering had been done, but the best we can do is ignore that guy.

you dont know what you're saying... call a skillful guy to beat him without that trick... present him to us 👍

I could do that. but what's the point of beating laps that are already morally questionable due cheating? there's nothing to gain in that. except "bwahaha, I beat your cheat laps, lol"-factor. And should PD determine that these laps are invalid due cheating, they will be removed from the leaderboard. we can't speed up the process by whining about it like 6-years old kid in a store when he wants something.

Probably using the PC sim trick of using a Joystick as a shifter. Alot of people started using them on the rally games as the top trigger buttons could be used as the clutch and the forward motion on the stick as the upshift. Hit the stick write and you enable the clutch and the upshift in one very fast motion. The PS3 will take a Joystick. But I have no idea if you can programme it to do that in GT5P. But that doesnt exsplain why the throttle never drops at all. without freez framing the replay I could not tell if it was lifted or not. Only by splitting it frame by frame will I be able to see.

well, he possibly could if he has Linux OS and some skill of friends with haxor skills..

I could do that. but what's the point of beating laps that are already morally questionable due cheating? there's nothing to gain in that. except "bwahaha, I beat your cheat laps, lol"-factor. And should PD determine that these laps are invalid due cheating, they will be removed from the leaderboard. we can't speed up the process by whining about it like 6-years old kid in a store when he wants something.

I would'nt be to sure about PD removing them from leaderboards. A while back Logitech did an NTSC event where the winner gets a DFGT wheel among other prizes and at HSR the winner rode the wall and collected a new DFGT wheel for it and PD did nothing about it.

With hearing GTAcadamy and other special event possibly coming PD needs to get this resolved.

I think you're missing the point, it's the upshifts that are the problem.

Have a look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x12vDRILlI

I get the point of the up shift, but in my opinion you also get an advantage in the downshift by not using the clutch and just downshifting without the clutch and instead leftfooting the break while skipping gears through the downshift.

I would post a video of it but have no idea how to edit it with the footpedal shot, shifter shot and the full screen shot all at the same time, in one screen.

I would'nt be to sure about PD removing them from leaderboards. A while back Logitech did an NTSC event where the winner gets a DFGT wheel among other prizes and at HSR the winner rode the wall and collected a new DFGT wheel for it and PD did nothing about it.

With hearing GTAcadamy and other special event possibly coming PD needs to get this resolved.

Like I said before if it's a glitch in the game that allows it to happen without penalty then it's an advantage anybody can use to thier discretion, decision and not considerdered cheating in the game.

Now if you were competing in a GTPlanet race then it's considered cheating. Since GTPlanet clearly states it in thier own policy, no shortcutting the tracks, at least two wheels on the track, no punting, blocking...etc. and for time trial events no use of clutch.

I think that the chances that PD will remove them from the leader board is very small.
First, PD shall look at those specific replays carefully. I'm not sure that they are looking at those replays in that manner. I assume they look here and there to see the drivers, but not necessarily looking at the gear shifting.
Second, in case they actually see the issue and think it is a problem, they need to explore and understand exactly how it is been done. So it could be that they will say "there is an issue here but we will fix it for GT5 only" or even could be "those guys are the best drivers we saw".
Also think about this - even if it's a flaw in the game, and PD discover this and agree that it should be fixed, still they won't remove them from the leadboard because PD are probably not going to release any GT5P updates until GT5. In that case, if they will delete them from the list then those guys will just do it again and again (because the game allows this).

But - I would like to go back to the actual discussion of "how those guys are doing this":
A lot of people here say - "they are cheaters since they are doing this & that", but actually, no one from this forum has succeeded to replicate what they have done.
So I would like to say that for those people - before you make theories of how they are doing it - try to replicate it in the same way so the replay looks similar.
(Unfortunately, I don't have a PS3 yet, and only have a DFP - of course without a clutch so I can't try it)

Well to be honest, I'm talking about any form of automatic shifting. Even the auto transmission in my Dad's 40 year old V8 aussie muscle car... I reckon I'd struggle to change gears as fast as it does when its accelerating. There are many other advantages that manual gives, fast shifting is not one of them.

But what we're talking about isn't automatic trans vs manual trans. We're talking auto clutch as simulated by a game vs manual clutch as used on a G25 wheel. In that context (which is why above I said "in the context of a racing game") I dont think the manual clutch should shift any faster than the auto clutch.
Well, my point was the GT series makes cars shift to slowly. So there should be an improvement there. Whether or not they give it to people without clutches is, well, up to them.

personally not a fan of the idea of a clutch button. I've played PC sims that have the option of a clutch button and I never ever use them. I'm not saying anything remotely in line with steering wheels not being allowed to have a level playing field, I'm saying they should be balanced. When using a controller you should have just enough speed sensitive steering to keep up with the wheel drivers, but not so much that its actually slower with a wheel, and the auto clutch should be fast enough to not be at a disadvantage to anyone using a manual clutch on a wheel.
But if the GT auto clutch is equal, than using a manual clutch will at best, keep you equal, while certainly offering room for error. So many people will flat out not use it.
I wouldn't use something in competition that could cost me time, while offering no benefit, nor would any of the most competitive players.

It's a matter of opinion whether a wheel offers any advantage in terms of times, I'm certain one of the guy's in the to 20 of GT Academy used a pad.
1? That's 5%

Exactlly, The steering wheel is not really an advantage simply because the steering function can be a assigned to the controller. Might not be the greatest setup but it still can be assigned to it. The clutch cannot be assigned thus makes it an advantage. By PD doing this...it technoloy makes the sky the limit now. If the people getting top times are using a mod of some sort, big deal becauce PD allowed a clutch mod so to speak. Hope a clutch function is added to all hardware in GT5.
It is an advantage because it offers more precise control. That is why 90% of the top drivers in the WRS use wheels.
Fact is, if you can't run laps more consistently, or faster with a wheel, you haven't practiced with it enough. When I do get a wheel, I expect to run slower laps for a while, because it's a new learning curve. But eventually, you'll be faster, you just have X years (10+ for me) of practice with the controller, versus squat (for me) with the wheel.

Last edited:
i thought you could do that with the clutch turned off.
or maybe theres some auto-clutch on it to keep you from cheating.

You all are over reacting, It's just faster shifts, it's not like they gain seconds, if you all hate it, then ignore it, or drive faster and show them that they still suck.

can someone please close this thread, because no ones stays on topic here and in the end everyone just says, its not cheating, just faster shifting.

yes it is faster shifting but the gameplay doesnt allow you to do that so he must have somehow figured something out = cheating why? = because the gameplay doesnt allow it.

End of story!

Chris

can someone please close this thread, because no ones stays on topic here and in the end everyone just says, its not cheating, just faster shifting.

yes it is faster shifting but the gameplay doesnt allow you to do that so he must have somehow figured something out = cheating why? = because the gameplay doesnt allow it.

End of story!

Chris

I agree, I wonder if some of the people who have commented here have even read the Original Post?

Sounds like a few have just jumped in with two feet without trying to understand the issue.

If you are 0'00.001 seconds faster, you are faster, simple.

If you gained that 0'00.001 of a second using a cheat then your time should be removed from whatever competition said time was posted in, whether thats the Online Time Trial or a proper competition, after all, what's the point in a leaderboard if it's not accurate?

I'm sure alot of people spend alot of time on Time Trials as, lets face it, it's 50 percent of the game right now, just to have your time beaten by someone who is cheating, you either condone cheating or stand up against it, there is no grey area here people.

End of story!

Chris

:lol: only a few guys understand whats happening... 👍 ADMINS close it!

It is cheating, no doubt about it. But how much advantage are they gaining with this thing, compared to a normal shift?

Closed at the behest of the thread starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back