• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 2009 BMW 335d LCI suggested by KidrauhlM5 :.

2009bmw335d1500x317.jpg

Specs:
Base engine size : 3.0 liters
Engine type : Inline-6 cylinders
Horsepower : 265HP
Torque : 425 lb-ft
Drive type : Rear wheel drive (FR)
Turning radius : 18.1'
Fuel tank capacity : 16.1 gal/60.9 liters
EPA Mileage estimates : 23/36 (city/highway)

Last edited:
Hmm...

Nope, I can't decide, it's not COOL but it's not UNCOOL either.

I reckon, I'll remain neutral on this one, granted I don't change my mind later.

Meh, Uncool. It's a very, very average car for the BMW range. As Bimmers go, it's nothing special, save for the fact that it has some sort of clean Diseasel, which won't pass US 2010 emissions, anyway, hence why it's not offered here...

Uncool. It's a BMW 3-Series, so it has a certain reputation preceding it anyway regardless of how good it is, and it's also a diesel, which has a certain reputation preceding it, regardless of how good it is.

I'm sure ceteris paribus it's one of the best cars in the world, but that doesn't make it cool.

Hmmm... it's the 3-series... which out of all the current Bimmers, I like the most.

It's the 3 liter BMW diesel, which I really like, also.

I don't know... I personally think epic win goes to the 320d or 323d or whatever they're calling it with the new aluminum-block diesel. A 335d is just too heavy for my tastes. I like smaller-engined 3s... unless we're talking about the M3, in which case, who cares about the weight, it's all lean meat. :lol:

Now a Dinan D3... :drool:

Cool

I'd say its the second-best diesel sold in the United States. Although that isn't saying much.

Hella torque from a diesel that gets good mileage, Cool. Unfortunately there's just nothing about it that really gets me pumped up over it like other cars. It's just kinda there.

beemers with twinturbos, even when they're oil burners, are cool. although, if this would be BMW 123d 3D hatch, it would be sub zero.

The new C-Class... maybe. The previous? Not even close.

Oh... forgot to put my vote in my post. It's merely cool.

Uncool. I have no real thoughts about this, it just doesn't strike me as something that's cool...especially when one of the specs deals with turning radius.

Cool, because it's a really really good car with a really really really good engine.

Still closer to average than seriously cool though. Throw the M-sport pack on it, or even better, some BMW Performance Parts, and it would get closer to Seriously cool.

.. but then who buys a BMW 3 series to be cool... you don't, you buy it because it's the best car in it's class :D

(also cars that have a turning radius of 18.1' get me arroused)

Last edited:
Cool mileage, other than that it's just another Bimmer. Unless you want to pimp it out then it can go either way. :dopey:

Voted cool. Once you get past the BMW stereotypes, yo gotta love a 4 door sedan with boatloads of torque. Just a shame you can't get this one with a stick.

First of all its a diesel, which is imideatly uncool, secondly its a 3 series rep mobile (more uncool), finally the styling is just very very bland.

End result, uncool bordering on seriously uncool (saved by being quite a good car to drive, even with the dodgy engine)

Uncool. I've never seen one that hasn't been sat right up my chuff trying to force me to put my foot down.

No, no, no. At any given time there are about 12 of these tailgating someone on the M4. Buy one and you'll be a bland businessman with no imagination. Or patience.

Similar deal on I74, only they're mostly 328s and 330s.

Granted, it IS a BMW...but it's such a horridly AVERAGE car for a BMW...Average, in this case, just isn't cool.

Back