GTP Cool Wall: BMW 335d LCI. Voting Closed

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 40 comments

BMW 335d LCI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Diesel + BMW = uncool. I'm sorry but a diesel cannot be cool in a sport saloon/coupe.

BMW is a love-it or hate-it affair... and not just because of the diesel engines (BMW's diesels are some of the most gasoline-like around... no lag, linear response, great power)... it's more due to the type of people who drive them.

I must admit... driving a Bimmer does make you feel, sometimes, like driving like a total tool. :D

I like the Beamer badge,but with diesel power ? Diesels belong in 3/4 and 1 ton pickup trucks , class 7 and 8 trucks , but not in cars........ UNCOOL.

Ever since the 3 series became so popular over here, its the standard rep-mobile and then they added diesel to the equation, more business person goodies for long distance.

Making this a business execs car, and business just ain't cool, I should know, I've studied it for the past 4 years and even though I like it, you don't go dropping business terms with the ladies.

Good car? probably, cool car? not really, but not seriously uncool either.

Uncool.

The 3 series is a brilliant car... Best in class handling and engine (the 335d has a stormer of an engine in what is a brilliant range), solid build quality and reasonable looks - but only on big rims in M Sport guise, and even then it's not as good looking as a C class Sport.

But it's still un-cool... you can spend £45k on a 335i M Sport, but it looks pretty much identical to a 316i M Sport. And there are just too many 320d M Sports being run by mid ranking sales reps for it to ever be considered a cool car.

The M3 is the only cool 3 series... and only if it's a 4 door saloon version.

Non-BMW drivers don't like BMW (or BMW drivers), and (generally speaking) Americans are too ******* ** ** **** * ****** **** to like diesel... so this is never gonna fair well in a coolness test...

.. still a great car though.

Diesel is very good at what it does and it has a good application in this car.

But it ain't cool. Ever. And I'm not American.

I wish people in our own country would quit stereotyping us like this. It's gone on in two threads now.

Latest Posts

Back