The Gran Turismo Driver's Guide to NFSS

• Thread starter panjandrum
  • 37 comments
Uruguay
Uruguay
My intent is for this thread to used for reasonable adult discussion of Need for Speed Shift and/or GT5P/GT4. Drawing comparisons is going to be inevitable, but please don't use this thread for fanboyism. Keep it nice, level and polite.

I think a number of us are enjoying NFSS quite a bit. At the least it seems to be enjoyable enough to fill the time until GT5 comes out. The physics/feedback model of NFSS is similar to GT4 (there are a lot of other similarities in the tuning features). With the inclusion of Nurburgring and Laguna Seca, it has an overall feeling a lot like an updated GT4.

There are a few handling differences that bothered me. (For reference I run using the Logitech G25 wheel and generally turn off all drivers aids except ABS. I run "pro" driving physics. If you are using a controller or run with different levels of driver assists, then these settings might be completely wrong for you). I wanted the cars to handle just a bit more like GT4 than they did. I've used Nurburgring and Laguna Seca for my testing since I know those tracks so well from GT4.

Most specifically the RR and MR cars in NFSS don't get loose enough for my taste when you come off-throttle. One thing the Gran Turismo series does very well is describe the weight balance of the car through the wheel, NFSS doesn't do this nearly as well, although it does do a great job of feedback overall. At any rate, off-throttle the RR and MR cars in NFSS don't have the turn-in I expect and like. You can't feel the engine back there in the wheel as much, and the rear of the car doesn't start to step out enough. This turned out the be largely solvable using the LSD setting in NFSS. Once you have the proper upgrades in place, you can change the Deceleration LSD and the Preload LSD settings, just like you can in GT4. Set the Preload to as little as possible, and set the Deceleration setting to 0. Your MR/RR car will now feel a lot more like it would in real-life and a lot more like they do in Gran Turismo. If those settings take it too far for you, just slowly tweak them back up a bit.

I also found that the input from the G25 wheel was reduced quite a bit compared GT4/5p once I had my wheel set to 900 degrees lock (the default is 360, which feels really strange to me). So I set the wheel lock to 900 but then set the wheel sensitivity to 100% instead of the default 50%. Feels pretty good to me at that setting (reasonably close the GT4/5P).

Also included are some very nice pedal dead-zone and sensitivity settings. Everyone will like something different here, but one nice thing is that you can make the pedals feel more like they do in a real car. You'll probably want a little dead-zone on both the clutch and the brake.

There is also a Speed Steering setting which is supposed to make your car less twitchy at high speeds (sounds a bit like "active steering"). So far I've left this at the default setting but will hopefully have time to play with it later today.

Edit: OK, I've played with the Speed Steering now and it does more or less function like "Active Steering" except it only comes into play at higher speeds and it is a slider from 0-100. 0 makes the steering incredibly twitchy at high-speeds. 100 makes the car respond sluggishly at higher speeds. Currently I'm running it at 30, which again feels reasonably close to GT4 (with active steering off).

Here are my settings at this point:

Game Settings:

Handling Model: Professional

Steering Deadzone: 0
Accelerator Deadzone: 0
Brake Deadzone: 5
Clutch Deadzone: 5
Steering Sensitivity: 90 (see notes later in this post)
Accelerator Sensitivity: 0
Braking Sensitivity: 0
Clutch Sensitivity: 0
Speed Steering Sensitivity: 30 (see notes later in this post)
Wheel Lock: 720 (see notes later in this post)
FFB Strength: 10

Traction Control: Off
Stability Control (whatever they call it): Off
ABS: On (was off for a while, but like every other racing sim I've played, I can't master them without the g-forces of a real car to tell me what's going on)

Car tuning settings:

LSD Acceleration: (Whatever you prefer)
LSD Deceleration: 0 - 10 depending on car
LSD Pre-load: As low as it will go (slider to left)

Feels pretty GT4 like to me. For example I have the Porsche 911 GT3 RS feeling a LOT like the RUF RGT in GT4 (but a little looser, maybe somewhere between the RGT and the Yellowbird).

Note: My pedal sensitivity setup is not an attempt to emulate GT4, but rather an attempt to get the pedals to feel more like a real car. Still isn't great, but what racing sim is? The darn pedals are always too sensitive.

Note 2: I'm concentrating only on getting the MR and RR cars feeling like they should. I'm very much an RR guy in real life, and in sims I vastly prefer RR and MR layouts. If anyone else wants to work on settings for the FR and AWD cars, that would be a nice addition to this thread.

Note 3: I'll be editing the above settings if I discover something I think works better, and will make notes to that here at the bottom of the first post.

Note 4: I really wanted to nail the steering setups down to something concrete. I went back and drove the Yellowbird, the RGT, and the Elise around the Ring a number of times in GT4. Then went back into NFSS and took similar (in the case of the Elise identical) cars around the Ring. I ended up modifying my settings as seen above. But in the end there are a LOT of combinations which feel similar to GT4, and a lot which feel completely unlike GT4. As mentioned in a later post, the Steering Sensitivity, and Steering Lock work together, while Speed Steering essentially stabilizes the car at the expense of less responsive steering. One thing you can easily do, if you play with these settings much, is make the cars too easy to catch via. counter-steering. While it is tempting to do this, my advice is to avoid that temptation.

Note 5: Well, after quite a bit of time in this game, and a lot of initial fun, I have found that I simply cannot achieve the level of challenge I would like. It is too bad, because there are a lot of pretty good things about this game. I think I should have gone with the PC version, for which I understand there are patches available to make it more challenging. I go into this whole "challenge" thing in a later post, so I won't repeat it all here, but it boils to do this: NFSS provides a lot of excellent force-feedback and it does feel as if they are making a decent attempt of simulating real-world physics. However, it also does not properly penalize you for mistakes, this greatly diminishing the long-term enjoyment.

Still, if you want to have a lot of fun running around a beautifully rendered version of Nurburgring, this will probably provide you with many hours of enjoyment. I certainly got my $50 out of it, but will probably pass it on to a relative this Christmas.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like you've put a lot of time into exporing the settings and possiblilities to this game.
I have a G25 wheel with a nice POD set up and love it with GT4/GT5P/Dirt2/Ferrari Challenge and F1CE. All those games have their own distinct feel with a G25.
You mention that you are close to making Shift feel almost like GT4. I keep hearing conflicting feedback about the true nature of how this game feels. My experience with EA NFS games is in one word "ARCADE". :crazy: Did this new game really step that far away from what they're known for? All the videos I've seen thus far suggest "full throttle, slide and steer". If the driving settings to the car and wheel make it so it feels like a proper racer then your comments have swayed me :)

FMW
Sounds to me like you've put a lot of time into exporing the settings and possiblilities to this game.
I have a G25 wheel with a nice POD set up and love it with GT4/GT5P/Dirt2/Ferrari Challenge and F1CE. All those games have their own distinct feel with a G25.
You mention that you are close to making Shift feel almost like GT4. I keep hearing conflicting feedback about the true nature of how this game feels. My experience with EA NFS games is in one word "ARCADE". :crazy: Did this new game really step that far away from what they're known for? All the videos I've seen thus far suggest "full throttle, slide and steer". If the driving settings to the car and wheel make it so it feels like a proper racer then your comments have swayed me :)

Well, as I mentioned in another thread, I was very surprised by NFSS. I was expecting typical NFS junk, but I read a few good reviews and decided to give it a try. Like a lot of other console racing sims, it is very "sanitized" at first, probably setup for people without wheels. Remember in GT4 how you had to turn of all the driver's aids in every car or it would practically drive itself? And that active steering? What the heck? That was just awful. With aids on and active steering it was just as "arcade" as anything I've ever seen. But set the settings correctly, and suddenly you had good sim. Same kind of thing here. I get the feeling that quite a few GTPers will enjoy NFSS. The driving is NOT as difficult or demanding at Ferrari Challenge, but I would say it is just as difficult at GT4 or GT5p, once you have the settings right. It turns out that NFSS is their attempt to move back into racing sims and away from arcade racers. Once I started playing with the settings I really started to enjoy it. Running around the ring in a properly setup Porsche or Lotus is absolutely white-knuckle, very raw, very rewarding.

Here is an excellent review. I found it pretty much reflects my own feelings towards NFSS:

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/playstation/games/158219/reviews/133841.Need-for-Speed-SHIFT/

I think the single biggest problem with NFSS is the idiotic reward system which rewards you for precision, but also for aggression (and then stupidly puts drafting in the aggression rewards). If they had simply left this out, and only rewarded you for precision, as they should, it would have been a much better product.

Last edited:
Great post. I too have spent a lot of time tweeking the settings on this game to try to make it more realistic with the G25 wheel.
I found that setting the lock to lock anything above 360 degrees is going to cause a deadzone in the middle, one way to fix it is to goto the advanced tuning and move the 'faster lock' setting to faster. or to increase the sensitivity as you have done. but doing either of these things is going to cause the wheel to turn in a 'Non-linear' way. however i suspect that the wheel settings on gt5p are also such that the wheel is non linear, you can see this by the fact that turning the wheel only slightly will cause the car to turn a lot. this happens in gt5 (and in shift after you alter the settings).

Also want to point out that that you mentioned 'active steering' twice in your post, once you said you set it at 30%, to make it real.

then in your second post you said that active steering in gt4 makes it arcadey?

in gt5p i set it to max active steering - it doesnt actually turn the wheel for you, it just makes the wheel more stable at speed. many real cars have this eg. bmw.

Great post. I too have spent a lot of time tweeking the settings on this game to try to make it more realistic with the G25 wheel.
I found that setting the lock to lock anything above 360 degrees is going to cause a deadzone in the middle, one way to fix it is to goto the advanced tuning and move the 'faster lock' setting to faster. or to increase the sensitivity as you have done. but doing either of these things is going to cause the wheel to turn in a 'Non-linear' way. however i suspect that the wheel settings on gt5p are also such that the wheel is non linear, you can see this by the fact that turning the wheel only slightly will cause the car to turn a lot. this happens in gt5 (and in shift after you alter the settings).

Also want to point out that that you mentioned 'active steering' twice in your post, once you said you set it at 30%, to make it real.

then in your second post you said that active steering in gt4 makes it arcadey?

in gt5p i set it to max active steering - it doesnt actually turn the wheel for you, it just makes the wheel more stable at speed. many real cars have this eg. bmw.

Yeah, well, admittedly I'm one of those "absolute purists" when it comes to driving nannies and motorsports, whether real or simulated. For example, the only reason I've continued to use ABS in racing sims is because I've been literally unable to accustom myself to simulated brakes - I need to feel the g-forces of a real car decelerating to be able to judge when I'm at threshold. As for the Speed Steering, I did try putting the NFSS "Speed Steering" setting at 0, but the cars became incredibly unstable. It's always possible I'll slowly move the setting down (having it at 30 bugs me). At 30, with the other settings I've got listed, things do feel pretty close to GT4/5p.

In GT4 and GT5p try turning the active steering off. It will take you a while to get used to it, but you'll probably never go back.

I must mention about my Wheel Settings test, which I made between two suggested different setups.

1. Many users recommendation: Rotation 900°/ Steering Sensitive 100% (Sp.Steer.Sens 0%)

2. Games recommendation: Rotation 360°/ Steering Sensitive 50% (Sp.Steer.Sens 0%)

Summary: Both are very fine... only some small differences. Truth must be, that St.Sensitivity 100% makes actual steering range way smaller than 900° cause it's non linear.

I prefer linear option 2, cause it makes countersteering moves more reliable and 'realistic'.

With option 1, I suffer 'over countersteerings' cause it steers so much after first quarter.

Most realistic option propably would be to use something like Rotation 540°/ St.Sensitive 50% if we are talking about racing situation, and puritism. In real life I doubt any Racing-car use 900° Lock to Lock steering-box. Road legals only.

In this game using St.Sens 100% anyway practicly walks over that 900° actually, so everyone who uses it, should give again some time to use smaller degrees and St.Sens 50%. I was amazed how same kind of wheel-inputs I had when I was testing those two Setting options.

Dont let that 'arcade number, 360°' fool you... start your testings with clean table!

have you guys tried the online games on shift?
I am using the professional setting, with all assists off.
but I am not sure what the other players are using. do you think they could be using the casual or experienced settings? or are all players that challenge each other using the same settings like in gt5p where professional races everyone are on equal ground?

I am wondering if this should be moved towards NFSS if it was a guide to the game.

I'm wondering more, why always people gets annoyed if someone creates thread to GT5P sub-thread, and it touch some 'competitor-product' from same genre.

I think Panjandrum's few first sentences explains quite well, why this thread have good reasons to exist here, and I too hope that all posts and arguments will stay out of Fanboyism.

I'm very open-minded when it comes ask about 'favorite Sim', and will never sell my soul to any Developer or title... that's why I like all intelligent discussion about other Sims too. I think everyone should be very critic about Sim what they are supporting, so any Developer could not keep their *** secured... that would benefit every fanboy most.

I actually think that's one very big reason why PD is still doing their business like they do. They assume they are unbeatable King in their genre, when they actually are leading only in graphics. Kaz stated sometime ago, that he have no idea about other products... well, I can easily believe that, and that can lead Gran Turismo 5 to be a last part of this great series.

My Dream Sim would include parts from there and there.

Quick list:

Graphics: Gran Turismo 5
Car Choices: Gran Turismo 1,2,3,4 and 5
Tracks: Laser scanned real tracks, few GT-classics
Soundscape: ! (I cant believe how hard it must be to do good and live-like engine sounds... all are just so 'virtual')
Force Feedback: iRacing
Physics: iRacing
Online-Structure: iRacing
Online Options: Ferrari Challenge, GTR-Evo
Modding Options: RFactor
Tuning and other BlingBling-nonsense: NFS and Forza 2 (3)

Offline Career-Mode: Yesterdays remainder. Someone should create Career-Mode more based to Online and social activity. Shift has opened that door littlebit, but I still hate to drive against 'no-one' to get cars. :ouch: Why cant I get same cars from winning real peoples. That would be so much more fun, and those who like to drive against AI, could do it in Offline.

Last edited:
Great post! And some very interesting reactions.
Bought NFFS purely now for one reason, it has the Ring in it.
Still getting along withe theh dual shock, but when the "SIM" PS3 gets the HD upgrade I can finally try out the G25 with NFFS.
Definately wil try out some of the settings mentioned here.

Bryan

Umm..I wasn't really annoyed at anything.It was a quick thought though it didn't need to be explained in depth as it is. I would probably thought of a comparison if he put the word instead of "guide". If you feel like the need to P.M to get rid of my fanboy-ism feel free the need to do so.

hi Guys, I am using the PS3 version of SHIFT. If you want to add me to your list of friends so we can have a game online, my id is: MazdaMaxxSport

what are your IDs?

Umm..I wasn't really annoyed at anything.It was a quick thought though it didn't need to be explained in depth as it is. I would probably thought of a comparison if he put the word instead of "guide". If you feel like the need to P.M to get rid of my fanboy-ism feel free the need to do so.

Only two first lines were inspired from your post.
I should have been more specific... sorry.

Rest of my post was just my general thougths about being in love to Sim-Racing. I just am so afraid of 'double-post warnings', so I made only one post.

hi Guys, I am using the PS3 version of SHIFT. If you want to add me to your list of friends so we can have a game online, my id is: MazdaMaxxSport

what are your IDs?

You should post probably go ahead and post in the other thread which is specifically for GTP members who are online playing NFSS.

Last edited:
After all, I still want to rent it. Probably when I get a chance, I will let you know what I think of it. Fair?

Most realistic option propably would be to use something like Rotation 540°/ St.Sensitive 50% if we are talking about racing situation, and puritism. In real life I doubt any Racing-car use 900° Lock to Lock steering-box. Road legals only.

I've played with this concept quite a bit now. You were spot-on when you said that the Steering Sensitivity and degrees to lock are highly inter-related. If you back off the degrees to lock, while simultaneously backing down the sensitivity, the end result is very little change occurs. I ran for a while at 540° / 50%, and it feels so similar to 900° and 100% that it is hard to tell the difference. I think at 540° and 50% the steering feels just slightly more planted and more predictable. When you combine this with the steering lock adjustment things can get complicated very quickly. I suggest trying both ways, pick the one you like best (both feel reasonably close to GT4/5p in my opinion), and then tweak it from there using your favorite car with but with the default suspension setup. Once you get it where you like it, leave it there and then tweak the steering lock tuning settings on your other cars as you see fit.

Thanks for the insight Pan. About a month ago I was 100% sure that I was not going to buy this game. Since in the past a $60 dollar NFS games have been worth a few weeks of play time. I am picky when it comes to buying new games. Because, most publisher don't really provide better games, when in a series (from my experience...EA games). Thats a $60 dollar game that is just a remake of past content and feature. After reading this post and the history of my friends buying this game; I must say I am now 35% sure I won't buy this game. BUT! Making me 65% leaning towards this title.

GT5 has disappointed me with the so called 'push' 'back' on the release date (since we never had a REAL release date). As a advertising/marketing graduate, I have to shake my head at their position with the GT5 title. I really think they are hurting their brand image here. As many have commented in the past, other titles are catching up. And PD's lack of PR and lack of propaganda materials is only discouraging the millions of loyal fans. But when GT5 does come out, you just cannot simply buy another game that gives you the play time GT5 will. My $40 dollar investment on Prologue lasted me (and thousands others) over a year of good play.

After reading this thread, I will probably go buy NFS:S.

PD should be in a case study for a marketing book. When this is all done. I would really like to see how much PD did hurt their brand image. My guess would be the broken hearted who said they wouldn't touch this game will buy it anyways. I think we will see record units sold. My mean, damn, I bought a PS3 JUST FOR GT5. But, Looking back on it, the play station has been the best game box I have ever had.

GO SHIFT!

After reading this thread, I will probably go buy NFS:S.

Yeah, the day before Shift was released I put in my GT5p pre-order - for sometime next year... I can't remember the exact date, but I think it was March as other people here have mentioned. That was part of my decision to go back in and get NFSS. I hope you enjoy it. It definitely isn't a real competitor to Gran Turismo, there aren't enough cars, and there are too many "game" aspects. But there are also a lot of fun and good things thrown in, and it seems to me like the driving experience itself is about as realistic as GT4 is, and I think we all considered that a pretty good sim. Not up to today's modern PC sim standards, but still pretty good. The driving is very "exciting" also. The way the feedback works, and the way they've included screen shaking to match the feedback. It is absolutely excellent in that regard, and it adds a lot to the enjoyment. The shaking effect is a bit exaggerated I think, but who cares? I was just looking for a halfway-decent and fun product to waste time with until the final version of GT5 is released.

I just picked up a copy at my local Wal-Mart superstore. My reactions ahead:

So I will just rate the game under 5 Categories versus GT5p:

1 - 10

Graphics:
  • GT5:P 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
  • NFS:S 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Physics:
  • GT5:P 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
  • NFS:S 👍👍👍👍👍
Menu's/Career Mode/Features:
  • GT5:P 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
  • NFS:S 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
AI:
  • GT5:P 👍👍👍
  • NFS:S 👍👍👍👍👍👍 (Lost 2)
Online:
  • GT5:P
  • NFS:S

So far the easy things to rate. I will review more and then post a description of why.

Last edited:
As to the AI: Yeah, tell me about it. This is one area NFSS shines. The AI cars know where you are and react to you appropriately. Also, as you'll play you'll find out there are unique AI drivers with their own personalities, strengths, and weaknesses. You'll be warned if one of them is especially aggressive. It really adds something, being able to go into a corner with an AI car on your tail and not worry (much) about them ramming into you full-throttle.

Last edited:
Sadly by Tier 4 the AI turn into aggressive maniacs. Very unpleasant experience. It has driven me back to GTR Evo, which offers challenging AI who actually try to avoid accidents rather than the homicidal AI you find towards the end of Shift.

The depressing thing is that in the first 2-3 tiers I was running AI on medium and enjoying it, but suddenly AI difficulty and AI aggressiveness ramps up, to the extent that even putting it on AI=easy is still very frustrating, because the AI seems to have way more grip than you and is quite happy to shunt you off. E.g. The CCX vs. Veyron Ring battle as example :(

Sadly by Tier 4 the AI turn into aggressive maniacs. Very unpleasant experience. It has driven me back to GTR Evo, which offers challenging AI who actually try to avoid accidents rather than the homicidal AI you find towards the end of Shift.

Well, that stinks! I've been running up through the Tiers in order rather than skipping around much and am currently in Tier 3, so the AI has been excellent so far.

There are also a number of bugs in this software. I currently have an Exige with a clutch which slips in 4th 5th and 6th gears! I have to go in, fiddle with the gear ratios, and then it will work again just fine (even if I put the setting back exactly where they were). Also, if NFSS doesn't like your gearing settings, it will just change them for you. Makes setting up your gearing "interesting".

Last edited:
I too have been finding bugs. This is classic of EA. Rushing a game and making mistakes. Suddenly I remember why I stopped buying EA games. I hate their business model: Shove and milk as many games on the open market as possible to make money. There is no TQM at EA.

There is a flicker in my screen each time a mission is done loading.
The Vette doesn't work at all.

On the basis of this thread - I have added NFS:Shift onto my lovefilm account...

C.

PS - amusingly I typoed "shift" into the search box I missed the f - but lovefilm still found it!

Forget what I said about this game. It has some better things vs. GT, but there is enough annoying things in the game that I just cannot ignore. I will return the game. What a mistake to buy this game. Two days of owner ship and I have unlocked 75% of the game. The physics are just too much to bear any more. There are frame rate bugs, I cannot stand that. One car is un-drivable because of a bug. This is what I get for buying a EA game.

Lesson learned, never buy an EA GAME AGAIN.

Good things about the game.
  • AI is a lot better vs. GT5
  • You can tune your cars
  • Moderate damage to you car
  • It has a good online
  • Sounds are cool
  • The car collection is decent
  • The features and menus are well designed.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Two days of owner ship and I have unlocked 75% of the game. The physics are just too much to bear any more. There are frame rate bugs, I cannot stand that. One car is un-drivable because of a bug. This is what I get for buying a EA game.

• You can tune your cars
  • It has a good online
  • Sounds are cool

Ah, it's too bad you don't like it more. For me, just being able to run around a well-rendered Nurburgring is worth it. I've been choosing a car I like, going to "Quick Race" - setting the opponents to "0" and cruising lap after lap (an amusing way to rack-up driver levels). Although I certainly wish the physics were better, I do find them convincing enough to be fun. The cars handle uniquely and in the general fashion a car of their type should. So, yeah, I wish it was more rFactor or Live For Speed, or even Ferrari Challenge, but I'm happy enough with it that I'll be able to get a lot of fun hours out of it.

My biggest gripe with the physics is the same gripe I have currently with GT5P, which is that even though everything seems to be in place, it is too easy to "catch the car" - to correct for significant driver errors. It's like, as you're driving along, everything feels good, it feels realistic, it is fun, but when you take your 500+ HP mid-engined car and stomp the gas pedal all the way down in a hairpin, well, you just screwed up and screwed up bad. It should take supreme skill, reflexes, and some luck to get out of that one. And that's when NFSS (and GT5P - in my opinion) fall apart. They simply don't penalize you sufficiently for major blunders. This was fine in the GT4-era, we had seriously limited computing power to work with. But that was a long time ago, we should have moved on.

The bugs in this game are also beginning to annoy me more. I had a couple of quite hilarious races where I discovered that my car could magically leap what seems yards into the air over small bumps! Interestingly these same bumps seem to be hardly noticed by the AI cars. I had to switch cars (then things were fine). The frame-rate thing is also annoying as heck, but luckily for me, it does't seem to happen very often on the tracks I enjoy.

But so far, for me, I find that the positives are outweighing the negatives.

Forget what I said about this game. It has some better things vs. GT, but there is enough annoying things in the game that I just cannot ignore. I will return the game. What a mistake to buy this game. Two days of owner ship and I have unlocked 75% of the game. The physics are just too much to bear any more. There are frame rate bugs, I cannot stand that. One car is un-drivable because of a bug. This is what I get for buying a EA game.

• You can tune your cars
  • It has a good online
  • Sounds are cool

Thanks, but no thanks.

Sorry to hear that Chad... I personally enjoy the game a lot... Just unlocked tier 4 and will now quit the career because it just frustrates me ... I have been doing what Panjandrum has been doing... buying cars, tuning them to certain levels and cruise the Ring non-stop racking up driver levels. :) A lot of fun if driven with the cars not affected by the bugs... 👍 There has been 1 patch so far.. Im sure the others will get fixed with Vancouver Blade over in the NFS: Shift forum keeping contact with the Shift players here.... How long it will take it the next question though :) This will keep me busy to GT5 is here though... along with Operation Flashpoint and MW2 which will come out soon :)

Thanks for the input. At least I am not crazy. Dude, the biggest thing about the physics are the bounce you get when going over bumps. Especially braking into corners, the bounce you get. The car feels like a its wobbling like a man hold cover. I just cannot get used to that crap. I won't stand for it.

Good luck in the future.

There is a PC version mod which has been out for a few days which lowers the player grip levels down from the default 120% to 100%. That helps a lot, you have to work a lot harder to catch those big HP cars on stock tires, and you finally feel significant benefits to using better tires (just like in GT5P).

There's also another mod that alters the tire slip curve, but I haven't tried that yet: I expect it was written like GTR2-NAP by guys who want to artificially make things even harder for themselves, despite the fact that they have no basis for stating that the slip curves in the game currently are a bad model.

And relevant to this thread: There's also a PC version mod to lower the AI aggressiveness. Yay :)

Latest Posts

Back