• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 1970-1971 Chevelle SS 454 (LS6 option) suggested by Nicksfix :.

70ss454.jpg

Specs:
Wheelbase, inches: 112.0
Weight, lbs: 3,800
Number built: 8,773
Base price: $3,800

Top Available Engine
Type: ohv V-8
Displacement, cid: 454
Fuel system: 1 x 4bbl.
Compression ratio: 11.25:1
Horsepower @ rpm: 450 @ 5600
Torque @ rpm: 500 @ 3600

Representative Performance
0-60 mph, sec: 6.1
1/4 mile, sec. @ mph: 13.7 @ 103​

Last edited:
Seriously Uncool. Chevy's answer to The Hemi and Boss 429 was more cubic inches, instead of actually producing a competitive seven-liter-class design. fail.

Cool - because it's rock and roll. I'd be interested to see how a few particular people sway with this one.

Cool. It's a 60s/70s American muscle car. Not as pretty as some of it's rivals but still a big heap of loud, smokey V8 fun.

Sub-Z. This car is an icon in my book, up there with the rest of the [literally] big boys.

Just so ya know Joey, what Nicksfix suggested was the 1970 Chevelle 454 LS6, which is not only different looks wise between 1968 and 1972, but also the LS6 was only offered in 1970 and 1971 (though the power dropped that year). ;)

Oh, and of course I voted sub-zero, since I'm a) a Chevy guy, b) a muscle car guy, and c) in love with the 454 LS6. Of course, the only one better than this is the El-Camino of the same year.

I love these cars. Sub-Zero!

They just sound beastly, are the size of a normal driveway, and can do everything you want, except stop and turn :D.

My uncle had a '69 SS 396, that thing hauled major backside. I can only imagine this to do more the same but louder, with more tire smoke . Al Gore is scared of cars like this, they can pollute equally as well with clouds of tire smoke as they can with the amount of gasoline they run through.

Roll the front and back windows down and cruise. Why don't cars these days have roll down back windows? It's so much more comfortable for the rear passengers. Probably safety reasons, oh well.

Did I mention chicks dig it?:cool:

Cool

Family affiliations do not permit me to vote anything less than cool on most GM products, especially those under the Chevrolet brand. However, the Chevelle was not my favorite A-Body. Furthermore, I'm not a fan of the 454 and most other big-block engines. So, it can't score any higher than a cool.

Cool. Its a musclecar, no reason to explain.

Uncool. It's a muscle cars and 98% of muscle cars are uncool.

That is the most craptastic statement I've ever heard. If musclecars are so uncool then why does the WORLD love them? That's right millions of people love musclecars. Your anti-anything larger than an I4 or your MINI bias is just tired.

JCE
That is the most craptastic statement I've ever heard. If musclecars are so uncool then why does the WORLD love them? That's right millions of people love musclecars. Your anti-anything larger than an I4 or your MINI bias is just tired.

Wow, another awesome post from JCE 👍.

I find them uncool, as in my opinion there is nothing cool about them. Yes millions of people probably love muscle cars but on the flip side millions of people probably do not like them what-so-ever. I like old cars, I even like old American cars, but really the muscle cars from the 60's and 70's do not do a thing for me. I don't like the people who own them for the most part, I don't like the way the look, I don't like the way they sound, and I'm not impressed with their performance. It's my personal opinion on it and I'm not out to make you think any differently.

And you must know me pretty well to know exactly what sort of car I like eh? I mean god knows I hate the BMW M3, various Land Rovers, all Morgans (even the crossed eyed one), and many others that shall remain nameless as not to bore people....nope wait, that's incorrect, I actually love those vehicles. Not to mention there are several vehicles with small engines I hate. So how about you quit making assumptions about me ;)?

King of the muscle cars, not in performance, but because in sheer over the top muscle car fashion it has everything that is American muscle. I want to say sub zero, but being a Mopar guy of that era won't let me won't anything more than cool.

Sub-Zero. Love this car:tup:, first thing that springs to my mind when I think of muscle cars.:)

Sub Zero. Especially in the UK where it would offend so many people. :lol: I'd love any US muscle car purely for that reason.

Still, they could have gone NASCAR racing with it, but instead bumped it up to the next engine capacity class, I'm pretty sure, specifically to avoid that.

Privateer entries ran Chevelles with old Corvette-type 427 mills, but never ran well against the factory Fords and Chryslers...unless they built 'em to 7/8ths scale.

Sub Zero. What more can you say ? The king of muscle cars, it's big, bad and powerful. (The chevy guy in me is speaking :P)

Muscle cars FTW. :sly:

Last edited:
Sub Zero

The pinnacle muscle car offered by Chevrolet.The LS6 Chevelle would strike the fear of God into any level headed Mopar or Ford fan.If you Tango with one of these cars,you had better come prepared to do the dance,or get off the dance floor.The Mopar 426 Hemi,and Fords 429 were about the only vehicles that could run with this car,on a legitimate scale.( talking muscle car era )

For me being a die-hard Mopar fan,it's hard to say,but,it's a very very respectable muscle car offered up by Chevy.

Back