Should GT5 have a talking navigator?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LordVonPS3
  • 103 comments
  • 10,770 views

Do you want a talking navigator in GT5?

  • Yes! I'd like to be able to turn on a female / male navigator!

    Votes: 140 54.5%
  • No! I'm the navigator!

    Votes: 117 45.5%

  • Total voters
    257
Messages
238
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
In the Gamescom trailer we've seen where there's a navigator in the same Subaru car that you're driving.

It's not been raised as an option for GT5 (and this isn't claiming otherwise) but would you personally like to have an option to 'turn on' (or turn off) your navigator so that she / he may warn you of up and coming turns and their severity?

Think maybe original Sega Rally Championship, or take a look at http://www.rallyvidea.com/en/videos/512-wrc-onboard-camera-colin-mcrae1.html
 
Last edited:
Do you mean the co-driver in the rally cars? They've been there since GT3...
 
sorry, but is this really a serious question?...I guess for circular courses with average 5km this is really and absolutely NOT necessary! Reason: these courses are very easy to learn...I am sure 99,9% of people here will agree...
A navigator would make sence on real rally tracks from A to B with lengths of let's say about 20km or so...where the memorization is much more difficult...
 
Ah, but do they actually talk to you? 👍 👎
No, that was my point. We don't need them to talk, unless we're getting some real rally stages in GT5.
 
sorry, but is this really a serious question?...I guess for circular courses with average 5km this is really and absolutely NOT necessary! Reason: these courses are very easy to learn...I am sure 99,9% of people here will agree...
A navigator would make sence on real rally tracks from A to B with lengths of let's say about 20km or so...where the memorization is much more difficult...

I think normally we'd be talking about your latter option, but having the ability to turn this on / off would ultimately allow you to choose. Novice racers being introduced to the Nurburgring, Circuit de la Sarthe or the dirt track (rally track?) with long yellow grass we've seen in the E3 and Ferrari 458 Italia videos might benefit.

I can think of one other point to combat your initial statement. Daytona may be famous for its oval, but it also has a road course. Navigation advice could be helpful if you just happen to glance the Daytona logo, then find yourself thrown into one of the "variations" that we'll see in the finished game. Getting that nugget of advice two seconds before a turn could perhaps make a difference to a first lap - particularly poignant if the task at hand consists of only 1 lap...? :sly:
 
Last edited:
i want my working cig lighter and cup holder for every models.
also a working AC is a must.
 
i want my working cig lighter and cup holder for every models. also a working AC is a must.
Great ideas!

* The cigarette lighter would drain the car battery for these electric cars Kazunori is going to introduce.
* AC would impact performance on petrol cars and also drain battery faster on electric cars.

The AC / lighter could be used by the navigator when she gets bored with your driving kanariya! These are significant factors for The real driving simulator! 👍 :lol:


[EDIT] The idea of a cup holder is an epic fail though. :)
 
Last edited:
i would like to see my starbucks coffee in the cup holder as it simulates my real world set up.

also the navigation must support DVD playback so I can watch movies when racing.
 
i would like to see my starbucks coffee in the cup holder as it simulates my real world set up.
You'll have to buy a PlayStation Eye - to be able to look down first. You buy the Eye, PD may possibly one day consider supporting Starbucks. How's that sound? :)

also the navigation must support DVD playback so I can watch movies when racing.
Sorry, I don't think DVD playback is supported in any of the 950 cars PD are putting in GT5. :indiff:
 
I think a female navigator would be cool but that will be a bonus feature which I'm not looking forward to..
 
sorry, but is this really a serious question?...I guess for circular courses with average 5km this is really and absolutely NOT necessary! Reason: these courses are very easy to learn...I am sure 99,9% of people here will agree...
A navigator would make sence on real rally tracks from A to B with lengths of let's say about 20km or so...where the memorization is much more difficult...

Useful on the 'ring then...

C.
 
It would be cool, but not necessary.
 
I think a female navigator would be cool but that will be a bonus feature which I'm not looking forward to..

Why? Because they actually know how to read maps?

[wifey]Men... they never ask for directions... [/wifey]

-

I'm surprised nobody else wants this... I wholeheartedly agree that it would be a fantastic addition... as long as we get long point-to-point stages... or even if we don't.

I'm game... as long as the guy has a Scottish accent. :D
 
Last edited:
@LordVonPS3 and yeti: ok ok, i agree with you! talking about the "grüne hölle" it would be really useful for beginners...so come on KAZ, give us this "option" too...thanks! :-)
 
It's a must for the WRC tracks. But I dunno' if PD are going to put the voices in..

I'd love Colin's partner Nicky Grist to voice for half of them and a female voice to guide the other half :)
They should do that to at least get some pace-note voices in the game 👍 ----- if they haven't already included voices
 
You can't have WRC without talking navigator, so that's a given at least on WRC events.
 
For rallying it HAS to be there, if not the game is going to be a serious disappointment!
 
Turn on a female navigator, you say? Sign me up.
 
It would make sense to have a co-driver/pilot in the WRC section of the game It would be pretty helpful if you don't know the proper driving line in a rally race
 
A navigator would be useful, but i think restricted to rally races, and maybe practice runs of longer circuits like the Nurburgring, but not in actualy races... the co-driver would weigh your car down ;)
 
If we're getting point to points, then yeah, we should have some (especially for those of us who will run with the HUD off if we can), but for the courses, no.
 
A navigator would make sence on real rally tracks from A to B with lengths of let's say about 20km or so...where the memorization is much more difficult...

Yes a Stage Rally definitely calls for a Co-Pilot, but for your circuit rally it will get loopy fast.

And I'm assuming we'll be seeing the effects of the added 180-200 lbs
 
If GT5 has point to point races, like DiRT, it would be very helpful.
 
As others have said, Point-to-Point, makes sense.
On a circuit, no thanks.
 
I would absolutely like the option to have a navigator.
 
I don't listen to the navigator or co-driver! Make it so you can turn them off!
 
If its included(which I would mind seeing), than I wouldn't mind it as long as there is an option to turn them off and its only on Point-to-Point Rally. Circuit racing is the last place you want to hear him.
 
Last edited:
I choose no, because I'm deaf. How I should to hear a navigator? I hope they add a proximity arrow for WRC only.
 
Back