Updated 29/11/2013 - 93360Dzyn tables and Logitech G25/G27 CAD models

• Thread starter 93360
  • 34 comments
Australia
Sydney
B-spec-_-Bob
Hey all, long time GTP member and just discovered this thread. Just want to share my creation a friend of mine recently commissioned me to manufacture for him.

His design criteria were:

-foldaway for storage
-lower shifter mounts than steering wheel mounts (G25/G27)
-space for a keyboard
-sofa/couch with armrests compatible

And this is what I came up with:

Storage mode:
93360Dzyn-G25Table-Storagemode01900.jpg

Game mode:
93360Dzyn-G25Table-Gamemode02900.jpg

With peripherals:
93360Dzyn-G25Table-Gamemode05900.jpg

Plenty of leg room:
93360Dzyn-G25Table-Gamemode07900.jpg

For those who like GT up close:
93360Dzyn-G25Table-Gamemode08900.jpg

Compared to my original DFP Table that I designed for GT4:
93360Dzyn-G25TablevsDFPtable-Gamemo.jpg

For more pics and information please visit my facebook page dedicated to my designs.

I'm currently working on another design and manufacture project for another friend and also reworking the designs for the G25 Table to be flat-packable for cheaper postage and more hatchback transportation friendly. If anyone has any questions or requests please find my details here.

Thanks for looking :)

UPDATE 26/01/2010:

It has been about a month since the prototype was completed and in between revamping my work space I've put in a few days of thorough testing (and squeezed in some GT Academy) and have pretty much redesigned everything.

Although the new model still looks remarkably similar to the prototype, every part has been modified to better suit manufacturing and flat packing capabilities.

For a taste of what's to come I've attached a few rendered CAD pictures below (please note the wood grain is not representative of the actual alignment):

Game mode - front and rear:
93360Dzyn-G25Table-Gamemode-Front-C.jpg

93360Dzyn-G25Table-Gamemode-Rear-CA.jpg

Storage mode - top and bottom:
93360Dzyn-G25Table-Storagemode-Top-.jpg

93360Dzyn-G25Table-Storagemode-Bott.jpg

UPDATE 17/02/2010:

Over the last week I've been working a racing seat design for another friend of mine. He requested something similar to a Formula 1 racing seat position considering his TV shelf is quite low. Included below are some CAD pictures of the preliminary design of which I shall be building in the coming days.

As well as the seat I will also be creating a lower and longer version of the 'G25 Table' to better suit the relatively low seat position of the 'Race Seat' hopefully within the following days so stay tuned!

Race mode - front and rear:
*EDIT* Front view with revised front panel:
picture.php

picture.php

Storage mode - top and bottom:
picture.php

picture.php

UPDATE 25/02/2010:

As promised the lower and longer version of the 'G25 Table' dubbed the 'Formula Touring Table' for it's low down driving position. The shifter mounts from the G25 Table have been removed as plans for a chair mounted shifter platform are being brainstormed.

As can be seen in the pictures below, the 'Race Seat' has also been updated slightly to v1.1 prototype and both items will be built in the next few days, so stay tuned for real life photos of them shortly!

Race mode - front and rear:
picture.php

picture.php

Transit mode - front and rear:
picture.php

picture.php

UPDATE 02/03/10

Finally managed to finish the build of both the 'FTT' and the 'Race Seat' and the results are in the photos below (albeit taken without varnished finish):

Race Mode - 'FTT' and "Race Seat'
picture.php

picture.php

'Race Seat' in Race and Transit mode
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

'FTT' in Race and Transit mode
picture.php

picture.php

I know that some of you may instantly think that the 'Race Seat' may be uncomfortable because of the common misconception that "wood is a solid material therefore uncomfortable fail" but the contour design of the chair is nothing revolutionary since the same basic principle of contoured seats also apply to actual racing seats hence the requirement for a soft foam lining is unnecessary in both cases. While testing out the seat in real life I found the contoured paneling that makes up the seating area does exactly as I had planned, there is excellent support and the body's mass is evenly distributed across the surface in a comfortable posture that I rate second only to an orthopedic mattress, all achieved without any use of pillows or the like. Even some of my close friends who had doubts about it have been converted over after they actually tried it for themselves.

As always, I'll be constantly updating progress on my website so please check it out here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/93360Dzyn/201106838164

Cheers!

Last edited:
Nice job. It looks like something straight out of ikea. :D
Very Clean

Wow! That's some workmanship! Great work!

Haha yes perhaps :lol: although I will be taking some inspiration from Ikea for their ability to flat pack everything, I generally try to avoid using those very cheap (and sometimes nasty) materials they use. Radiata pine timber is the core material I use in most of my creations because it's fairly inexpensive (renewable resource), looks good, easy to craft and is very light and strong for it's size. Currently investing the money I earned making this G25 Table into more quality machinery to cut down on my production times, hand sanding/planing all the surfaces and edges can become quite tiring ;)

awesome stuff mate, i love the way it folds up... or my wife would... ;)

Edited by mod - You're not allowed to advertise products for sale here unless you are a premium member and do so in the trading post forum

Last edited by a moderator:
how do u keep it stable when in use? is it heavy enough?
great inspiration. I might try something like that.

Overall mass is about 8kg so not exactly heavy and still light enough to carry around.

The stability is designed into the table and not dependent on it's mass.

Good luck with your build, I recommend you only attempt this if you have proficient knowledge with CAD software. :)

I've added some new CAD renderings of a new 'Race Seat' that I've been working on that will be matched with a formula style variation of the 'G25 Table'.

Thanks for looking! :)

As promised more CAD renderings of the 'Formula Touring Table' aka 'FTT' aka the lower/longer version of the 'G25 Table' has been added to the end of the first post. Cheers!

Added photos of the actual build for the 'FTT' and 'Race Seat' to the bottom of the opening post, cheers!

I used Dassault Systemes - CATIA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CATIA

CATIA is the best !!! 👍

I also use CATIA. In attachment you can see a picture (CATIA) of CNC router that I constructed and made.

What kind of CNC router you use for cutting wood? (your masterpiece in wood, really great job 👍👍👍)

ArtCAM for cutting or something else?

Attachments

• 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 56
CATIA is the best !!! 👍

I also use CATIA. In attachment you can see a picture (CATIA) of CNC router that I constructed and made.

What kind of CNC router you use for cutting wood? (your masterpiece in wood, really great job 👍👍👍)

ArtCAM for cutting or something else?

Yeah CATIA is awesome 👍
Very nice CNC router btw, how big is the cutting bed?
I don't actually use CNC myself although I'm sure I could generate some code to do so.. only use a router table to round over some edges and that's about it.
At the moment I rely on good old woodworking techniques updated with power tools and the engineering part drawings drafted from the product models. Would love to have a CNC machine but don't have anywhere to put one :banghead:

Yeah CATIA is awesome 👍
Very nice CNC router btw, how big is the cutting bed?

CNC router can cut 4.5m x 2.5m but it can make for any size (see picture 1).
Pictures 2&3 are an example of cutting on this CNC router (giant wood and panels).

At the moment I rely on good old woodworking techniques updated with power tools and the engineering part drawings drafted from the product models. Would love to have a CNC machine but don't have anywhere to put one :banghead:

I think it's very difficult to do manually (many curves, a lot of precise holes ... incredible)

You are a genius!

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 52
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 37
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 31
CNC router can cut 4.5m x 2.5m but it can make for any size (see picture 1).
Pictures 2&3 are an example of cutting on this CNC router (giant wood and panels).
I think it's very difficult to do manually (many curves, a lot of precise holes ... incredible)

You are a genius!

Did your CNC router cut those out? If those letters were also machined then it must have been a tiny diameter router bit to get all those sharp vertices :eek: I used to be in a student racing team where the honeycomb panels for the car's monocoque was cut out using a thesis project CNC air drill fitted with what I thought was a very narrow D3mm drill bit..

Haha hardly a genius, I haven't created my own CNC router yet ;)

Did your CNC router cut those out?

Yes (bosch mounted on cnc http://www.bosch-pt.com.hr/boptocs2...e+glodalice/101337/GMF+1400+CE/9878/index.htm)

I used to be in a student racing team...

Me too (formula student). In attachment I put my favorite race car chassis (low production car).

see CAD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKkuv-uiYmo

great project (biodiesel) http://green.autoblog.com/2009/07/14/west-philly-x-prize-teams-hybrid-attack-on-the-street-w-video/

Attachments

• ch005.jpg
    ch005.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 45
  • ch004.jpg
    ch004.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 36
  • ch003.jpg
    ch003.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 576.jpg
    576.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 35
So I've been away for a bit working on something new called the 'Design Desk' which is the new computer table I've designed for myself since I needed something bigger with storage to unclutter my desk and provide a better working area.

I didn't add it in this thread since it's not really a racing cockpit (although I did initially try to incorporate some components to make it worthy enough for steering wheel use, however this concept became too complicated to implement) so I've created a new thread for it in the computers section of the forum -
ie. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=126566

EDIT: just adding this pic as a teaser :P
picture.php

Enjoy!:)

Last edited:
UPDATE 16/09/10:

So it's been a while since my last update.. I've recently been drawing the Logitech G25 in Catia to improve my CAD skills as well as being able to add the drawings to my existing product designs to make them even more super cool :lol:

So here's how it looks with the 'G25 Table':
picture.php

picture.php

And here it is with the 'Formula Touring Table' and 'Race Seat':
picture.php

picture.php

You can find the other post with bigger pictures of the G25 here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=130613

In other news, I''ll be re-examining all my prototypes to date and will be making some redesigns to hopefully bring them closer to a production date. As always you can stay up to date on my (facebook) webpage and twitter:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/93360Dzyn/201106838164
http://twitter.com/93360Dzyn

Cheers!:cheers:

So just a small update for now, this upcoming design will be used to gather data to narrow down any possible sweet spot dimensions to suit a targeted 90% of participants after about a month of testing. Hopefully the majority of components in this design will remain unchanged for model V2.5:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

More info about participating in the testing later on, cheers.

Back