Lets hope PD brings Pikes Peak rally back to GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter nimitzSE
  • 52 comments
  • 13,863 views
Messages
8
Am I the only one who thinks having the Escudo Pikes Peak version in GT3 and GT4 without having the Pikes Peak rally track (which was in GT2) is a bit disappointing. I really hope they will bring it back in GT5 maybe with a few more Pikes Peak cars.

While were at it, I also hope they will bring back Grindelwald from GT2 (I don't really care for Red Rock, but I wouldn't mind :) )


What do you guys think?
 
Last edited:
pikes_peak_165x168.gif

Hear hear! :cheers:
 
:lol: I didn't remember it was that long! :eek:
 
The whole thing would indeed be amazing, but as long as we get to do at least SOME hill climbing with the Escudo I'm happy. (and Tahiti Maze doesn't count :P )
 
The full stage is a must, if any of it.

 
-> Pikes Peak Rally would be meaningless if the Escudo will be the sole Unlimited-class race car, and since I hate the Escudo with a passion ever since it was featured in GT2 (as a poor excuse to win every race even in 2-player mode). :indiff:

-> What PD needs is a direct competition to that stupid Escudo:

[youtubehd]TtbdZvq5NhY[/youtubehd]

^ The only 'race car' that beat the Escudo on the real Pikes Peak rally. I would love to drive that just to show those Escudo-driving idiots! :grumpy:
 
I forgot about Grindlewald! :dunce: I called the cool-GT2-track-that-never-went-to-GT3 when I was in 4th grade. Would be nice to see it in an HD iteration, minus the paper doll houses.
 
For sure, if Dirt is able to have the full course, GT5 should also!
Yeah, it was easily one of the best tracks in the original DiRT. 👍
 
I would really love to see Pikes Peak,Grindelwald and Tahiti courses back in GT5.I wonder how those track would look like in GT5?:D
 
There is no better footage of Pikes Peak than the famous Climb Dance with the Peugeot.

 
004__scaled_600.jpg


I want the Audi Quattro S1 Pikes Peak, though i like the Audi Quattro S1 Group B rally car even more.
 
Pikes Peak and Grinderwald were some of my favorite and I would love to see them in 5 so I can race them in an RS200

car_photo_318298_7.jpg
 
I'm pretty sure the Group B Quattro will be in GT5, considering pretty much all the other Group B cars were included in GT4 and the road version of the Quattro was there too.

The fact it wasn't in GT4 seemed like an odd omission. (maybe on purpose)
 
It would be great as long as PD dramatically improves handling on dirt...
Is there a Hill Climb Championship in the US? Any other tasty track?

 
This will never happen (aside from in my dreams), but it would be a nice tribute to the, probably soon to be dead, Saab Automobile AB. :')

saab-9_3-0307ec_760hp.jpg


I'm dying for PD to include the full hill climb. Epicness in it's purest form is what it would be...
 
Last edited:
Even if they don't include the track would be great if they included some pikes peaks cars. The Audi Sport Quattro E2 always get left out from GT for some reason they put all the other group be cars in heck they even put in the road going Quattro but never the rally or pikes peaks one. Be great if they did for 5.
 
There is no better footage of Pikes Peak than the famous Climb Dance with the Peugeot.


Incredible driving. Thanks for sharing such a great video.
 
on 3:09, looks like Suzuki Escudo is parked on the side :)

Correct ... that old 405 T16 was a crazy beast itself though! Would love to see that and the old Pikes Peak 205 T16 that Jean Todt was responsible for in the final build of GT5! :D

Was there not another Pikes Peak car in GT2 similar to the Escudo? Slightly less powerful yet not a great deal more controllable if memory serves?
 
I'm pretty sure the Group B Quattro will be in GT5, considering pretty much all the other Group B cars were included in GT4 and the road version of the Quattro was there too.

The fact it wasn't in GT4 seemed like an odd omission. (maybe on purpose)

They also neglected to add the MG Metro 6R4. 👎
 
Correct ... that old 405 T16 was a crazy beast itself though! Would love to see that and the old Pikes Peak 205 T16 that Jean Todt was responsible for in the final build of GT5! :D

Was there not another Pikes Peak car in GT2 similar to the Escudo? Slightly less powerful yet not a great deal more controllable if memory serves?

Suzuki Cultus Pikes Peak.

Great car:tup:
 
^ The only 'race car' that beat the Escudo on the real Pikes Peak rally. I would love to drive that just to show those Escudo-driving idiots! :grumpy:

which part of that car is from a Tacoma?
 
Can't believe there were fellas here who had not seen Climb Dance! :dopey:

Epic short film, and I also think it won some kind of award back in it's days.

EDIT: Also, the Escudo didn't enter until the late 90's and that film is from 1989, so it can't be that one to be parked on the side.
 
Last edited:
-> ...
which part of that car is from a Tacoma?
^ Um, the name, the bodystyle, aaaaannnnddd that pretty much it. :dunce:

Toyota_Tacoma_Pikes_Peak_02.jpg


~> Does not equals to...

00tacoma.jpg


(Although I would like to see them both in GT5)

:)
 
I have only been a GT fan since GT3, but this Pikes Peak business looks awesome. I don't know what it was like in GT2, but it would be cool if they made it like the other rally matches in GT4, where there are a few different levels of cars, so you get the near production class cars, up to the Escudo type cars. I wonder how the Class B Rally cars would fare.

It seems interesting to me that most of the cars in these competitions have giant wings. Do WRC cars not have giant wings just because of the limitations of the rules?

I am sort of intrigued by this style of racing!

I hope it makes it into GT5
 
Back