Lets hope PD brings Pikes Peak rally back to GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter nimitzSE
  • 52 comments
  • 13,863 views
I'd like to see the Record holding Celica.

pikes-peak-celica.jpg
 
Pssssst Cale... Tajima broke the record a couple of years back... 10:01.something I believe...

And insiders said the Millen could've broken 10 mins with the Tacoma any time he wished... but kept getting money from Toyota in the bid to do it... so the dilemma is... break it and get funding stopped, or just miss continually and keep funding...
 
OMG!!! I wish th full length of pikes peak was in GT5!!! It would be absolutely epic!!! Too bad it won't show up. Unlss people really cry out to Polyphony for it.
 
The track maker should really have elevation editing for each point, gentle hills are lame.
 
Pikes Peak will probably b DLC... for GT6. It will probably take them several years to count all the rocks in the track.

Seriously though, I would love to see this course come back into a GT game but Polyphony would spend forever modeling it to modern HD standard graphics. I would be happy with just a remake of the Smokey Mountain track from GT3.
 
:lol: I didn't remember it was that long! :eek:

That's what she said?



Anyways Pikes Peak would be great to have in GT5 but sadly I don't believe it's there.
 
Yes

and

Wait For it .. i''ll tell you later which track PD should really bring Back :lol:

Well at least try to guess :yuck: guess right and you win a free copy of gt6 dated for release 2050:lol::p
 
I really want pikes peak, ive been waiting for it to come back since GT2 :(
 
Theres always the course maker :)

you have a good point there, now all they need to do is melt all the snow off the Alaska Snow course generator, then you would have the Rocky Mountains, which is pretty much the pikes peak, then the elevation change would need to be at 2000%... heres to someone you can get a perfect rendition on course maker.. a scotch...
 
this is from the 2010 race, im kinda surprised it hasnt been posted yet.

"Driver Jeff Zwart in a Porsche GT3 Cup runs Pikes Peak and sets a new record for the Time Attack 2WD class - 11:31.095 - taking the Pikes Peak Time Attack championship for 2010."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSP-_XFnkV8

it may not be a sub 10min run in a unlimited class car, but still amazing to watch.


EDIT: here is a much more "cinematic" approach to the same run, directed by Will Roegge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc5ucDzFPAk
 
Last edited:
I would very much like to see it as DLC. Also for some reason only the climbing appealed to me. Reverse was meh.
 
I would very much like to see it as DLC. Also for some reason only the climbing appealed to me. Reverse was meh.

There is no DLC its been confirmed from Kaz. What you see is what you get so i don't know, I'm guessing this is a pointless thread and should be closed.
 
No suzuki pikes peak in game as far as i can tell either which is a real shame.
Guessing rally cars replaced some of the rally gems in GT4 :(
 
I am sure they are going to add this later...its too amazing to not have in the game!
 
Yeah, this is like the nurumburg of rally... And would never get old...
 
Why have they even taken it out of the game in the first place? So many things im still not sure as to why PD did them in this game...
 
^ You're not aloneof asking that very question.
 
This will never happen (aside from in my dreams), but it would be a nice tribute to the, probably soon to be dead, Saab Automobile AB. :')

saab-9_3-0307ec_760hp.jpg


I'm dying for PD to include the full hill climb. Epicness in it's purest form is what it would be...

SUPER SAAB! :drool:
 
pikes peak is the best rally event ever featured in Gran Turismo....
 
I'd like to see Pikes Peak make a comeback along with some of the vehicles that where used during the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, like the peugeot 405 Turbo 16 GR.

Peugeot 405-Dakar2.jpg
 
Back