Not open for further replies.

Northstar

The Original Party Worm
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
Welcome to the 2010 season of fantasy NASCAR on :gtplanet:.​

2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Schedule
Note: In addition to the Sprint Cup schedule we will be picking for the Nationwide races at Nashville(4/4), Gateway(7/17) & Montreal(8/29).

Next Race:
Season Over

Rules:

• Each participant must pick 3 drivers every week
  • You cannot select a driver more than 1 week in a row(If you do select a driver 2 weeks in a row you won't get any points for that driver)
    Note: Due to a limited field, Nationwide races, the Bud Shootout & All Star Challenge won't count for the driver rule.
  • Your picks must be PM'd to me by the drop of the green flag on race day. You can do this easily by clicking here.
  • Please don't post your picks until after the green flag drops. I will post my picks just so there are no issues
  • In the event of a tie the person with the most wins will be placed ahead

Effective starting 5/30 the following rules will be in effect.
  • If a finishes out of the top 15 but is still running 5 points will be awarded
  • If a driver fails to finish he will be eligible to pick next race

Chase Rules:
  • The top 6 positions(Subject to change) will be set to 4,000 points after the second Richmond race(9/11/2010). 10 points will be added for each win, this will determine the seeding.
  • A separate points setup will be used for the Chase races, this table will be unveiled after the Richmond race.

All Star Race Rules:

• You Must Select two drivers who you think will advance from the Showdown Race into the All-Star Race(10 points for each driver that advances)
  • You will only be selecting one driver for the All-Star race, if that driver wins 20 points will be awarded. There will be no points awarded if the driver does not win.

Top 5- 25 Points
Top 10- 15 Points
Top 15- 10 Points
1-2-3 Finish- 25 Bonus Points

Max Points- 115

Chase Points Table:

2011points.png

Standings after Homestead:
2010homestead.png

Last edited:
So just so i don't get confused Justin, the rule where u cannot pick 1 driver consectuitive weeks, just to claify, say i pick Gordon, Logano and Khane, i cannot pick them the following week but could do so the week after that?

So just so i don't get confused Justin, the rule where u cannot pick 1 driver consectuitive weeks, just to claify, say i pick Gordon, Logano and Khane, i cannot pick them the following week but could do so the week after that?

I hope so.

Yup.

Is there a list of the drivers competing in the Bud Shootout?

2009 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Drivers: #48-Jimmie Johnson, #5-Mark Martin, #24-Jeff Gordon, #2-Kurt Busch, #11-Denny Hamlin, #14-Tony Stewart, #16-Greg Biffle, #42-Juan Pablo Montoya, #39-Ryan Newman, #9-Kasey Kahne, #99-Carl Edwards & #83-Brian Vickers
Others (criteria filled in parentheses)
#1-Jamie McMurray (Coke Zero 400)
#17-Matt Kenseth (Series champion, Daytona 500)
#18-Kyle Busch (Coke Zero 400)
#20-Joey Logano (Reigning Raybestos Rookie of the Year)
#21 or #6-Bill Elliott (Series champion, Daytona 500, Coke Zero 400, Budweiser Shootout)
#29-Kevin Harvick (Daytona 500, Budweiser Shootout)
#31-Jeff Burton (Coke Zero 400)
#55-Michael Waltrip (Daytona 500, Coke Zero 400)
#71-Bobby Labonte (Series champion)
#88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. (Daytona 500, Coke Zero 400, Budweiser Shootout)
#34?-John Andretti (Coke Zero 400)
#75?-Derrike Cope (Daytona 500)
Geoff Bodine (Daytona 500, Budweiser Shootout) - no current ride, last ran at Dover in 9/2004, made some attempts in 2009
Terry Labonte (Series champion, Budweiser Shootout) - no current ride, last ran at Homestead 11/2009 in #08 car
Sterling Marlin (Daytona 500, Coke Zero 400) - no current ride, last ran at Martinsville 10/2009 in #09 car
Ken Schrader (Budweiser Shootout) - no current ride, last ran at Phoenix 11/2008 in #96 car, could run the #82 car in the race
(NASCAR)
28 drivers are eligible, no word if all will run the event. Eligibility based on a driver having competed in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series within the last two seasons (2008-2009).(12-23-2009)

-_-

Thanks TS.👍

I have been pondering if it would be a good idea to predict the 12 chase drivers and whoever gets the closest would get a bonus prize. Let me know what you think.

Im sure everyone here can predict the 12 chase drivers, its gonna be the same 12 drivers from the past 5 years with maybe 1 person not making it and some random person joining.

Thanks TS.👍

I have been pondering if it would be a good idea to predict the 12 chase drivers and whoever gets the closest would get a bonus prize. Let me know what you think.

No prob

Just a tip, you should probably post a link to the entry list every week (Jayski's posts one) just in case.

List submitted.

My list consisted of some favorites for the 500, but if everything is for equal points then I'll take my chances with the shootout as its far more predictable then the 500

Just a reminder to PM your picks to me by the drop of the green flag if you haven't done so yet.

Green flag roughly will drop at 8PM ET.

Here are my picks.

14-Tony Stewart
42-Juan Pablo Montoya
48-Jimmie Johnson

(Remember to not post your picks until the race is underway, I just post mine so there are no issues)

Last edited:
I won't be able to post my picks, is that an issue? Or is this just so people know immediately when they are beat? :lol:

My picks for this week were:
#99 - Carl Edwards
#14 - Tony Stewart
#5 - Mark Martin

I picked

Stewart
Kyle Busch
Dale Jr.

1 Kevin Harvick
2 Kasey Kahne
3 Jamie McMurray
4 Kyle Busch
5 Denny Hamlin
6 Jeff Gordon
7 Joey Logano
8 Brian Vickers
9 Tony Stewart
10 Juan Pablo Montoya
-------------------------------------
11 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
12 Jeff Burton
13 Jimmie Johnson
14 Ken Schrader
15 Greg Biffle
16 Matt Kenseth
17 Carl Edwards
18 Bobby Labonte
19 Ryan Newman
20 Mark Martin
21 Michael Waltrip
22 John Andretti
23 Kurt Busch
24 Derrike Cope

:D!

Last edited:
Congrats to Cale for picking the winner and having his other two drivers in the top 5.

I will get a leaderboard up tomorrow night or Monday.

Yes, congratulations Cale. You suck!

Kidding, way to pick 'em!!!

Whats your formula :D?!?

What was behind the pick for McMurray? I'd never have chosen him, nor would I have assumed the EGR #1 to be so fast. Makes you wonder what Truex was doing all that time...

LSX
What was behind the pick for McMurray? I'd never have chosen him, nor would I have assumed the EGR #1 to be so fast. Makes you wonder what Truex was doing all that time...

The only theory I can conjure up is that he really is McMurray.:lol:

XD Thanks guys. I picked people that either run well at plate tracks or push people to the win. I knew Harvick would be fast and McMurray's equipment is very similar. Hamlin... well he always just shows up at the end.

Wait how did you guys (beside Justin) know I picked him?

BTW I'm all giggity over this lol

I honest thought I picked winners with Gordon, Monty and Smoke, guess u can't win all the time(!)

I got the leaderboard up, let me know if you can think of any improvements.

My 3 picks were Dale Jr, Stewart and Kyle Busch

1. Jamie McMurray
2. Dale Earnhardt Jr
3. Greg Biffle
4. Clint Bowyer
5. David Reutimann
6. Martin Truex Jr.
7. Kevin Harvick
8. Matt Kenseth
9. Carl Edwards
10. Juan Montoya
11. Jeff Burton
12. Mark Martin
13. Paul Menard
14. Kyle Busch
15. Brian Vickers

I was so busy I forgot to post my picks.:grumpy:

I will get the leaderboard up tomorrow.

Damn, I had Bowyer, Hamlin, and Stewart.

Bowyer and Hamlin were up there towards the end and I thought I was going to have a pretty good day but Hamlin ended up 17th. At least none of my drivers crashed out which was my game plan. Trying to pick drivers who are normally running at the end.

EDIT: wait I think I had Kurt instead of Hamlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back