Unlikely vehicles

• Thread starter analog
  • 641 comments
Netherlands
The Netherlands
PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING SUGGESTIONS.

With the development of GT5 for the large part probably being completed and PD hopefully using its game engine to create another Tourist Trophy for PS3 shortly after, I just thought another thread about possible things you would like to have included in GT5 might be a bit pointless ( mostly because those threads already exist and serve a purpose as such ).

And although I wouldn't mind GT and TT being merged ( as I would love to compare some bikes with cars just for fun ) I can see the logic to both being stand-alone titles as some are a fan of both but others only want either GT or TT.

This got me thinking if PD ( I know, it's only hypothetical ) or one enthusiastic employee ( that's how TT got started ) suddenly found themselves with time on their hands and got the idea and resources to create a stand-alone title encapsulating all sorts of vehicles which don't fit in either GT or TT as a sort of miscellaneous collection using the same game engine as the other two, and if so, which vehicles would you include?

The rules are quite simple, using the same game engine, tracks and basic content of GT5, thus ruling out flight sims or anything boat/ship related ( although hovercrafts are an exception ofcourse ).
And it can't be anything which already could be added to either GT or TT.

Remember it can be anything with wheels/tracks, etc. ( and preferable motorised ) as long as it's capable of driving on a road, and it is not meant to be entirely serious although I would love to see such a game appear as a humorous or somewhat serious ( meaning you'd really like to drive those vehicles ) distraction/addition or for some maybe the lifelong fulfillment of driving a John Deere around the Nurburgring.;)

I will start off with something relatively familiar which I would like to see, which would be highly unlikely to be included in GT5 or 6, but feel free to add more outlandish vehicles.

And it doesn't have to be anything racing related only, just vehicles you would like to drive in a game perfectly recreated by PD, and please only add vehicles which aren't likely to be included, not categories which already are present in some form in either game such as SUV's, 4x4's, etc., just try to think outside the box.

Last edited:
Unlikely vehicles, you say? I'm thinking bikes are pretty unlikely at this point, but I suppose PD could be intentionally hiding their inclusion for a big GT5 media blowout.

Classic Top Gear Stupid Car Race.
weirdcar.jpg

couch_road.jpg

JgTNGhSg.jpg

Unlikely vehicles, you say? I'm thinking bikes are pretty unlikely at this point, but I suppose PD could be intentionally hiding their inclusion for a big GT5 media blowout.

That's not the point of this thread, whether bikes will be included into GT or just in another edition of TT is not being debated here.
Just suggestions for unlikely vehicles you'd like to see appear in another hypothetical PD game which don't have a place in either one.

So no bikes ( or at least likely bikes ) or anything that can be considered a car or bike that could be a likely to be a possible inclusion in either game ( such as Scooters, SUV's or Pick-Up trucks, as they've already been included ).

But but but there's going to be river drag racing as part of the New York, London, Rome and some other tracks, didn't you know that??:sly:

Do you have insider confirmation on this unlikely scoop?:sly:

By the way, i did mention it not being entirely serious, not implying turning it into a comedy corner.
Not complaining, but i would like to see more suggestions like the Sinclair C5 or even Segway or anything really different in concept to either car or bike, not just fancy dressing existing cars or handbuilt creations ( although most are very funny ).
Something unlikely to be included in the existing PD formats but still somewhat likely for them to even consider modelling.
Not restricting anyone to ignore the above, although please follow the simple rules set out in the first post.

Last edited:
Okay, but maybe this Porsche would be more suitable for this thread.;)

Porsche%20Tractor%201.JPG

And yes it really is a Porsche, build by the same company which gave us the 911.

Or a Golf Cart designed by Ferrucio Lamborghini as he was an avid golfer but thought he could improve the carts available.

ToninoCart111.jpg

Last edited:
Ok then, something more "normal"?:dopey:
Icelandic off-road racing always seemed like fun!:D
Skimming across water and going up vertical hills with silly speeds? No problem!:cool:
[YOUTUBEhd]4Vg1yQflH0U[/YOUTUBEhd]

p.s. Analog, I see your Porsche and raise you a Lambo tractor!:D
lamborghini-tractor3.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a Brabus Unimog, yes a Brabus Unimog. ;)

brabus_unimog.jpg

And a Ford Transit with a Formula 1 derived Ford Cosworth engine in the back.:sly:

ford-transit-supervan.jpg

And to top it all, here's a Citroen DS based truck-engined tyre testing vehicle used by Michelin.........

Michelin%20test%20rig.jpg

Heh...some one starts the ol' driftorino blocking move in front of you, you just run over them. :D

Back