rossion_q1_road_action.jpg

Layout: FR
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Power: 450 HP
Torque: 390 lb-ft
0-60mph- 3.2 seconds
Top Speed: 189 mph
Price: $108,000

189 mph and 3.2 second 0-60? Not too shabby. Especially for "only" $108,000. It doesn't even look that bad, either.

Extremely cool, bordering on sub-zero.

Um...The Rossion Q1 is actually a mid-engined car...

Anyways, i think it's cool. It's based on the old Noble M12/M400 with some modifications made to it for the American Market, but it's sold without an engine and is technically classified as a kit-car by the feds. Either way, i'd rock one.

Yeah, pretty cool looking car. I've seen one in Houston, it was parked next to a Noble M400, which is essentially the same thing.

I'll give it a cool.

Looks like a straight copy of a Noble.

Anyways, i think it's cool. It's based on the old Noble M12/M400 with some modifications made to it for the American Market, but it's sold without an engine and is technically classified as a kit-car by the feds.

That explains it.

Famine, Rossion bought the rights to the car and it's now sold as the Q1.

Looks like a straight copy of a Noble.

That explains it.

Rossion initially bought the rights to manufacter the Noble M12/M400 outside of Europe, but then they bought the whole company and all of the equipment needed to build more cars (Bodywork moulds, Supplier contracts, Etc. Etc.). Basically, the old Noble firm became Rossion and got moved to South Africa while Lee Noble bought his trademarks, regrouped and rebuilt his company from the ground up (Which led to the "New" Noble creating the fabulous M600).

Road & Track Magazine wrote up an article on this car a while back, which is why i know a fair amount of information on it...

I saw one in person a little while ago and was mesmerized how awsome it was. The noise it made when it drove off was sweet. I voted SZ.

This car has a Ford Duratec engine.

you know what else has a Ford duratec engine?

This:
picture.php

Yeah, maybe I should've voted SZ.

Famine, Rossion bought the rights to the car and it's now sold as the Q1.

Rossion initially bought the rights to manufacter the Noble M12/M400 outside of Europe, but then they bought the whole company and all of the equipment needed to build more cars (Bodywork moulds, Supplier contracts, Etc. Etc.). Basically, the old Noble firm became Rossion and got moved to South Africa while Lee Noble bought his trademarks, regrouped and rebuilt his company from the ground up (Which led to the "New" Noble creating the fabulous M600).

Road & Track Magazine wrote up an article on this car a while back, which is why i know a fair amount of information on it...

Indeed - but we've seen it before.

For the same reason as Fake Snakes are less cool than Cobras, the Q1 is less cool than the M400. While they may well be superior cars to the original, the original has one thing that no amount of superiority can overcome when it comes to cool - originality.

Sure it may accelerate so fast that it leaves a wake of ripped space-time continuum behind it. Sure it may cost a third of a Ferrari and still beat it around the track. Sure it may handle like a dream and have some sweet hardware. But something about this car makes it seem a bit soulless. It's just a fast car, and the rebranding doesn't help it's case.

Uncool

edit: Would anyone else prefer the Cool Wall threads to be posted more often?

Last edited:

So does mine, apparently. Though I maintain it's the engine from Stephenson's Rocket that a South African has scribbled 'Ford' on to.

As for this it's a Noble not made in Leicester, which is always a good thing. Silly name and increased price tag, mind. Cool.

Cool, but misses out on being SZ because it's essentially just a single car in a line as long as my arm of manufacturers that produce one good car and then disappear into oblivion. And if nobody remembers your car, then it's not cool.

oh, hoo-rah. Another generic mid-engined sports car built by some rich guy.

So "Whatever" it's uncool.

I just saw the name and went 'meh'. The appearance of the car couldn't win me back either, its not that its uncool, it just that its not particularly cool either.

Meh. Inevitably, like most copies, it's not going to be as cool as the original, and I've always loved the look of the M400 compared to this.

Cool, but misses out on being SZ because it's essentially just a single car in a line as long as my arm of manufacturers that produce one good car and then disappear into oblivion. And if nobody remembers your car, then it's not cool.
But Rossion hasn't disappeared into oblivion, so I think you're judging far too quickly on the manufacturer's success as they're still young. Rossion could go on to be around as long as Mosler have been & that company still relies on the MT900 line to survive.

This:*Ranger*

Yeah, maybe I should've voted SZ.

Nope, no Ranger ever got a Duratec properly. Well, new 4cyl models have the 2.3 but the Noble has the 2.5/3.0 V6.

3.0 V6 Rangers were Vulcan powered and 4.0 was Cologne.

On topic: Cool, it's a Noble and I rike Nobles. Dunno why.

If it has performance and handling at least on the same level as the original Noble it will be pretty special to drive.

A friend of mine had a M12R a few years back and, excepting the rubbish interior, it was a fabulous car... supercar fast in a straight line, fantastic handling and a decent ride to boot. Lee Noble is a bit of a hero when it comes to chassis set up.

I actually like the styling too... quite well proportioned...

q1_hero.jpg

Ok, but mine is the 2.3 4-Banger.

Wait, checked. Mine has the OHC I-4. But it became the Duratec I-4 later in life. So kinda?

Far from it. Displacement aside, the Lima 4cyl and Duratec 4cyl are completely different motors in every possible way. In fact, the way they achieve their nearly identical displacements is quite different.

That said I'd rather have the Lima motor in a truck; they don't die and they'll hold up to 450bhp with just a set of pistons in the NA models and a stock short block in the turbo versions.

Well I was unsure if you meant some sort of earlier Rossion model or some obscure version of the Noble.

The car is very cool, borderline sub-zero. Looks good, goes good, and if what I hear is correct, handles good. Problem is, it's a copy. Good thing is, it's awesome enough to counteract most of that. It gets a damn solid cool.

Back