Premium
United States
Sturgis, MI
GTP_ty00123
2009 GT By Citroen

gtbycitroen.jpg

Price: $1.8 million

Engine: GT5P: 789 HP hydrogen fuel cell
the actual car: 646 HP V8 (don't know the size)

Transmission: 6 speed "circle" sequential

Dimensions: (in inches)

Wheelbase: 110.6
Length: 195.3 in
Width: 81.9 in
Height: 42.9 in

weight: 1400kg (2745 lbs.)

Production: 6 planned, 1 started, 0 completed​

Seriously uncool, put simply I just don't like the way it looks I've never been a fan of most edgy concepts and this has no greater purpose I can see to be judged on anything much more then looks.

Seriously uncool

It looks like origami gone soggy.

Citroen can't be taking it too seriously if they only plan on producing 6. And at that sort of price? Get real. It IS just a Citroen

Having seen it up close and had a good look at all the details and crazy angles, having heard it - imagine a V8 race sportscar turned up to 11 - it can't be anything else but Cool to me. Not Sub Zero, because at the end of the day it's still going to be parked in a city not going anywhere by the only owners rich enough to afford one, but definately Cool. Plus it's a Citroen supercar, and I like everyday brands making daft cars. Citroen at their mentalist.

COOL-> A car thats a fruit between a video game developer (Polyphony Digital) and a real car company (Citroen). Its like Aerosmith and Run-DMC, so wrong, but its so cool in a weird manner.
:boggled:

It looks like origami gone soggy.

Citroen can't be taking it too seriously if they only plan on producing 6. And at that sort of price? Get real. It IS just a Citroen

I have to agree. Although I see some lines that I like in the car, for the most part it looks awkward.

I've giving it an uncool for now until I see someone put down some performance numbers.

I'll go with cool. It's absolutely crazy to look at, and in Gran Turismo, it sounds like a Jet! And it was designed by Polyphony Digital! But they aren't going to actually make any other than the prototype, which is a letdown.

But still, this is a cool car.

Meh.

I think that it's awesome a car made by a video game company (PD) for a video game (GT5) would be built in real life but the thing that knocked it down was when they decided to stop production.

I don't know what to think about it.

Having over 600 hp knocks it upward into cool territory, but that grill...

It doesn't weigh much, but all those weirdly shaped vents...

It looks nice and low, but those wheels...

I'm torn between cool and uncool. I feel something about it, so it's not a meh...I'll go with the extreme low end of cool, I guess.

Well, I actually like Citroens ( specially the C4 VTR which looks cool to me), I also reckon Citroen as a cool brand, mostly because of their fantastic historic cars. ;)

I quite like the overall design too, but analyzing it closely, it's just overdone. The engine stills a mystery, when something carry a hyper-car price tag, you would expect at least to have a couple more cylinders and a high revving behaviour, unlikely for an american powerplant.

PD's involvement doesn't mean nothing special to me, neither spoils the car.

So I don't know how to judge it, it's now sitting on the thin line between cool and meh, but I'll go for slightly Cool.

It's a Citroen but...it was designed by PD. I think this is Sub-Zero. True, like the Volvo and NSX, Citroen just doesn't have that flare, but when you see the car, the name goes out the window. It has that craziness to it like a 3-year-old designed it and it doesn't look like a Citroen. It looks like something that belongs in a museum. And that is why, to me, this is a Sub-Zero car. (BTW, the V8 version would be in my ice-box because it would sound better than the Hydrogen powered one in GT5P. It looks like a supercar but sounds like someone blowing through a wet straw.)

Production: 6 planned, 1 started, 0 completed[/CENTER]

Since when has vaporware ever been cool?

But of course, they do have one runner. But I don't like the looks of the thing, so I'm not really changing my mind.

Wow, who on earth could actually think this thing is Uncool, never mind Seriously? I mean, it's a Citroen but its associated with the main reason this website is even here. And it's actually blinking quick. Cool for me.

It has that craziness to it like a 3-year-old designed it and it doesn't look like a citroen. It looks like something that belongs in a museum. And that is why, to me, this is a Sub-Zero car.

I just think that. And it looks like is very fast. Sub-Zero.

Too outrageous for Citroen to pull off.

Does not compute. I'd argue that if any manufacturer is off their bloody trolley enough to make something like this work, it would be Citroen.

I'm going with sub-zero. It looks like it wants to kill you. Nigh-on 800hp.

And it's French, which unless it's a Peugeot, pretty much forces it to be cool.

It scores heavily where other cars fall down..

People say that they like the Veyron because if was a "crazy idea, VW loose money on them, it take somebody with pure Automotive passion to do this".. .. well yeah.. ×10 for this car.

It's looks, Awesome, takes the best aspects of so many classic designs and puts them in to one... unlike other generic predictable supercars... all Zonda's look the same, next to this all Veyrons look like VW's, next to Lamborghini's this looks adventurous and next to ferraris this thing looks quirky.

Its rare... very... really, very.

and...

best of all, it's a citroen... so in three years time it will be on Autotrader for 900 quid. :)

Like it or not, uber mega cool..

939636.jpg

Last edited:
A futuristic looking Batmobile with a ton of power -

UNCOOL

Mega horse or not,this thing is way to fugly to overcome it's H.P drivetrain.

Back