Performance:​

Layout: Front engined, front wheel drive
Engine: 2.5 litre, Duratec RS, Straight 5
Transmission: 6 speed manual
Curb Weight: 1,467 kg (3,234 lb)
Power: 301bhp (225kw) @ 6500rpm
Torque: 440nm (325 ft lbs) @ 2250rpm
0 - 60mph: 5.9 seconds​

Having actually been inside one of these driven in absolute anger, I can only say: sub-freaking-zero.

Also, that green! haha

Sub-zero. It's a front drive Focus with too much power. It'd be better as an AWD, no doubt. But I don't care, it's insane.

Sub zero! Why couldn't Ford bring this to the states!!??

If they offered this in AWD, it would be Ice box for sure!

Sub Zero. This is one of my favourite cars. Front wheel drive, and 300 horsepower?! Insane!

This car is ridiculous. The styling is ridiculous and the 300 hp going to the front wheels is even more ridiculous. I love it

Cool

I love it and I bet it's a riot to drive. However, I would feel a complete doorknob driving one so I voted it uncool. Sorry!

I'm betting some of the UK contingent will be voting against this... it's a heavy Focus with a ridiculously loud body-kit, too much power, too much torque and wheels that are too big (there are some indications that a smaller rim size would be better).

Doesn't matter. It's bonkers. I love it.

Sub-zero. Because real mean can wear lime-green underwear (look at those seats!) and get away with it. :D

A crazy expensive Focus that's still FWD is cool, but an oldschool high-tech taurus from the late 80s is uncool? Craziness. Not a big fan of the current gen RS at all.

It's one of the fastest FWD cars out there, looks are a bit overdone for my taste but it has the power to back it up. Love the 5-cylinder-sound too, so I vote "cool". 👍

I'm never quite sure about the Focus RS. I feel like I shouldn't like it as it's so obvious and loud. But when I see one I can't help smiling at how outragous they look.

Also, manufacturers need to stop giving these bloody hot hatches so much power... the drivers of them seem to feel compelled to prove they are as quick as my old girl... and based on a recent 'tussle' with a Focus, they are a match for a 10 year old 'proper' sports car.

As I'm in a good mood I'll give it a cool... though could be seriously uncool tomorrow!

I like it, but it's uncool.

Very impressive car, but one that I can't find cool due to the old arguement about the people who drive them. When a car like the RS appeals so single-mindedly to some of the most obnoxious and antisocial drivers on the road, it can't help tarnish its reputation slightly.

The other (minor) problem is that on roads, expecially those in the UK, it won't be as quick as the numbers suggest. From the tests I've read it's been beaten on country roads by anything from the Clio RenaultSport 200 through the Megane R26.R to the Scirocco R, and it's mainly because (despite what Ford say) the 300hp is a little too much through the front wheels when the roads start getting bumpy. The two Frenchies and the German are all set up softer (and all are lighter) so all have a much easier time putting the power down and you can therefore use more of their performance, which of course is what hot hatches are about in the first place.

Although not as wild, I'd take the Focus ST over the RS. More usable every day.

Never liked the Mk 2 Focus. It's just too ugly. (And Mk 3... is even uglier.)
Also 300HP on the front wheels. uh... sorry, Seriously Uncool!

Uncool, simply for having too much power in a FWD chassis, and it looks plain nasty with all those vents slapped on it.

I don't like the styling its way over the top, looks like a DIY job especially the rear spoiler, the ST styling is much more subtle/better.

I don't like the fact they kept banging on about their new fantastic "revoknuckle" suspension design when really they just copied Renaults design and claimed it as their own.

I see someone driving one and no matter how hard I try I cant help thinking they are an arse.

Uncool

Uncool

I quite like the look of the MK2 RS, especially in white. But it's too chavvy to be cool and there's way too much power only going through those front wheels. :scared:

One of the 315 of these sent to Australia is driving around my town, I'll get pics when I can of it.

It looks absolutely brilliant, although the price here puts it into Impreza STi Spec.R territory and I'm not entirely sure it's worth the cash. It's still Sub-Zero though.

The Revo-Knuckle and insane green paint make me loathe the fact that I'm stuck here in America without the car. It put some serious performance cars to shame, even with leather seats, a moon roof, and a distinct lack of AWD.

Totally Sub-Zero.

Back