• Thread starter Denur
  • 50 comments

Denur

I have seen things
Premium
Netherlands
Netherlands
Denur; GTP_Denur
In next weeks Dutch TV magazine Veronica (number 44) there is a special about GT5. In small print it states that it is a commercial addition, so probably paid and previewed by Sony. I translated the most interesting parts (don't expect too much, because no new features are introduced) and clearly it was written before the delay was anounced.

Millions of fans have been looking out for GT5 for over four years. According to some GT5, exclusive to the PS3, is the mother of all race games. This fall 'The Real Driving Simulator' at last will become reality and gamers can experience what Sony Playstation calls the biggest game release ever.

… but also the VW vans and the latest hybrid cars, like the Tesla Roadster are in.....

There are more than 100 tracks in 20 different locations in GT5.

Track creator: The player has a few parameters at his disposal, among which are the number of corners, the length of the longest straight and the difficulty of the track. The start and finish of the track don't have to be at the same location. Tracks can be created upto about 10 km in length. Next to theme, weather conditions and location the player has the option the set the race length and the number of laps. Settings can be valid for the entire track or per sector. Another setting is how often a certain corner is to be taken, and how sharp and wide they must be.

Every rip, bump and almost all gravel grains are digitally rendered on the tracks. Yamauchi and his team visited all known car manufactures and development centres, raced on all tracks themselves and used satellite pictures, blueprints and telemetry to recreated the tracks as accurately as possible. Recreating Rome and Madrid took over two years.

Ofcourse these tracks are not available before you completed a number of tests. But players with GT PSP can transfer their cars to GT5 (editor, that's me: huh, what has that to do with tracks??, no mention about transferring cars from Prologue though). If you don't have GT PSP than you can unlock cars and tracks in various modes, like career mode, championship races and license tests. For the more casual player a kind of “best of GT5” is available in arcade mode.

Weather: Heavy snow fall makes the track more slippery and creates rutting (spoorvorming in Dutch) with each lap.

Next to races in daylight, some races are at late afternoon, at sunrise, or during the night. All can have rain and/or snow conditions.

Special events: The Mercedes Benz driving school challanges take place at the Nürburgring and features two cars. One of them being the SLS AMG.

Create your own special events: Not part of the Special Events, but an important extra option is to create your own special events. Sony call this “What if” experiences, like the X1 prototype and concepts cars from the seventies. Players not only can recreate races from the past, but rewrite racing history!

B-spec mode: Upto six (6) drivers. Teach them, be hard on them, but not too hard, as they might get frustrated. Sometimes you've got to yell in your microphone to keep them focussed. The better you guide them, the more their performance and self assurance improves. Once you've got four (4) B-spec drivers, you can enter 24-hours races. A well balanced team is recommended.

In Photo Mode pictures can be taken in 3D too.
Headtracking only in cockpit view.

Online: Upto 16 players. Keep track of your friends' performances via various lobbies. Cars can be given away. Not only the cars you unlocked, but also the cars you have already tuned. You can share racing tips and tracks. During online races you can spectate others and there will be special competitions and also various leader boards keeping track of the best scores.

Last edited:
Weather: Heavy snow fall makes the track more slippery and creates rutting (spoorvorming in Dutch) with each lap.

If true this would suggest that the track evolves during a race probably in other conditions too imo. Rubber laid down over time on a dry track or drying racing line on wet track?

Another thing, remember the images from Fuji with the rutting on the verges at some corners, my thought then was that might be dynamic, is that possible?

I have a feeling that the track environments in GT5 will be far more dynamic than seen before and that the tyres seen bouncing down the track at the first coner in Tokyo and the movable barriers in one of the demos could also be an indication of this.

If true this would suggest that the track evolves during a race probably in other conditions too imo. Rubber laid down over time on a dry track or drying racing line on wet track?

Another thing, remember the images from Fuji with the rutting on the verges at some corners, my thought then was that might be dynamic, is that possible?

I have a feeling that the track environments in GT5 will be far more dynamic than seen before and that the tyres seen bouncing down the track at the first coner in Tokyo and the movable barriers in one of the demos could also be an indication of this.

I wonder if there will be so much snow accumulation that your car might get stuck, and then you would have to get out GTA style, get a shovel and dig it out. 2 games in one, consumers win:scared:

Only 6 drivers in B-Spec mode? I was hoping for a bit more. Hope that Online B-Spec will be well developed.

Only 6 drivers in B-Spec mode? I was hoping for a bit more. Hope that Online B-Spec will be well developed.

Those six are your drivers to control. Not a total of six in a race. In GT4 you just had one B-spec driver at your disposal.

You know that's the number of drivers you can manage, not the number of cars per race, right?

16 cars in B spec is good enough. GT6 should be delay for PS4 so that way we can have 24+ cars on a race track!!

hmm...you need 4 B-spec drivers for 24 Hour races. Maybe a hint that there will be multi-class races? Perhaps you can enter your drivers in multiple classes.

hmm...you need 4 B-spec drivers for 24 Hour races. Maybe a hint that there will be multi-class races? Perhaps you can enter your drivers in multiple classes.

But in the B-spec interfacem we have seen driver physical and mental level bars, so probably 4 drivers for the same car, they just switch out.

Yes, I know that.
In that case, do you realize how much time it will take to get even four B-spec drivers at a good-enough level to enter in a 24h race and win it?

I remember a screen where it was obvious that B-spec drivers can be shared. I hope that is true, otherwise I might never do a 24h race.

In that case, do you realize how much time it will take to get even four B-spec drivers at a good-enough level to enter in a 24h race and win it?

I remember a screen where it was obvious that B-spec drivers can be shared. I hope that is true, otherwise I might never do a 24h race.

Yes, but I was hoping to have 2 cars in 2 classes in Le Mans. Then would need 8 drivers. Yeah, I know full hardcore. :)

But the thing is...you can run B-Spec races 24/7 because these races can be controlled remotely with a laptop or computer. When GT5 comes out, I'm going to train my B-Spec Bob right when I have a second car on my laptop while I'm driving on my PS3.

The big question that needs to be answered is whether it's possible to run multiple B-spec races at the same time with different "Bobs".

Yes, but I was hoping to have 2 cars in 2 classes in Le Mans. Then would need 8 drivers. Yeah, I know full hardcore. :)
I see. Well Santa is just around the corner. Who knows. But you can still have upto 6 B-spec drivers, plus you. Maybe enough for two teams, but I doubt that things will work that way. My best guess is that you will have to team up with another player to create a two car class battle. We'll see. :)

Oh yeah create your own events, yeah!
Finally some good custom match-ups and events, so tired of driving a Triumph Spitfire and getting paired with a Ford F150 :yuck:.

Custom GT500 and GT300 races, cuz the GT300 cars are useless in the JGTC events. Or At least mixed class events for things like Nurb 24h Le Mans 24h and SuperGT.

I hope we get to choose from different criteria, which courses how many laps in which order, which cars or series etc..

NURBURGRING CATERHAM CUP! WHAT!
03_Nurburgring.jpg

I'm surprised no one picked up the bit about snow fall. Maybe it is my bad translation. Retry:

"Heavy snowfall creates rutting and slippyness, especially when a race takes several laps."

If I understand this correctly, then the snow tracks get deeper and deeper with each car passing, like the dirt track in motorcross:

Motorcross__Marc_de_328570b.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing it, Denur!!!

I hope the bit about creating our own Special Events will put an end to years of frustration with the automatic created car grid in Arcade races....

The "What-if" special events sound like something I will really enjoy.

I loved and hated Sega GT2002 because you could make a race and pick all the cars you wanted in the race... but you couldn't participate yourself. It was a dream match-up of AI cars and you were sitting watching in the bleachers.

And I must be blind. Mea culpa. :ouch:

Heh.

As I was thinking anyway, why just have evolving surface for snow circuits, why not dry and wet too, or even dirt circuits. It wouldn't make sense not to.

With that along with day/night transition, movable objects, dynamic weather, vehicle damage all with the typical level of GT presentation (and that's what we know about so far) the racing environment will seem so much more alive than before.

That's awesome news, thanx for sharing! BTW I'm new here, first post! Nice to meet you all, that's an amazing GT site and forum...

Latest Posts

Back