United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Here, have a Trophy Guide:

20122117.gif
trophyplatinum.png
- Gran Turismo Platinum Trophy
Earn every single Gran Turismo 5 trophy

Exactly what it says on the tin - automatically awarded for completing every single trophy below.

77687356.gif
trophygolda.png
- Gold Standard
Get a gold trophy in every race event, license test, and special event

Oh yeah. The toughy - gold every single thing you can compete in. Simple sounding, tough to achieve.

50283855.gif
trophysilver.png
- Excellent Driver
Reach A-Spec Level 40

That.

50283855.gif
trophysilver.png
- Expert Manager
Reach B-Spec Level 40

That also.

50283855.gif
trophysilver.png
- Finale
Reach the ending movie

This is unlocked by winning Gran Turismo World Championship in the Professional Series. You don't have to all-gold the event to unlock the end movie, just win it.

50283855.gif
trophysilver.png
- Hidden Trophy

Grand Finale - Reach the long version of the ending movie
This is unlocked by winning the Dream Car Championship in the Extreme Series...

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Hidden Trophy

Endurance Series Complete
Complete all the Endurance Series Events

These don't have to all be won, just race every race, in either A-Spec or B-Spec.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Extreme Series Complete
Complete all the Extreme Series Events

These don't have to all be won, just race every race, in either A-Spec or B-Spec. Extreme Series is unlocked at level 20 and the events are:
American Championship
Dream Car Championship
European Championship
Formula Gran Turismo World Championship
German Touring Car Championship
Like The Wind
NASCAR Series
Schwarzwald League B
Super GT

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Expert Series Complete
Complete all the Expert Series Events

These don't have to all be won, just race every race, in either A-Spec or B-Spec. Expert Series is unlocked at level 15 and the events are:
Gallardo Trophy
Gran Turismo All Stars
Historic Racing Car Cup
Japanese Championship
MR Sports Cup
Polyphony Digital Cup
Schwarzwald League A
Tuned Car Championship
Turbo Challenge

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Professional Series Complete
Complete all the Professional Series Events

These don't have to all be won, just race every race, in either A-Spec or B-Spec. Professional Series is unlocked at level 10 and the events are:
British Lightweights
Gran Turismo World Championship
Japanese 80's Festival
La Festa Cavallino
Lamborghini Exclusive
Lupo Cup
Mini Challenge
Muscle Car Championship

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Amateur Series Complete
Complete all the Amateur Series Events

These don't have to all be won, just race every race, in either A-Spec or B-Spec. Amateur Series is unlocked at level 5 and the events are:
Classic Muscle Car Championship
Clubman Cup
European Hot Hatch Championship
Festival Italia
Japanese 90s Challenge
NR-A Roadster Cup
Pick-Up Truck Challenge
Supercar Nostalgia Cup
Tous France Championnat

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Beginner Series Complete
Complete all the Beginner Series Events

These don't have to all be won, just race every race, in either A-Spec or B-Spec. Beginner Series is unlocked once you've purchased your starter car and the events are:
European Classic Car Championship
FF Challenge
FR Challenge
Lightweight K Cup
Japanese Classics
Sunday Cup
World Classic Car Series
World Compact Car Race
Yaris Race

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Super License
Complete the Super License

Bronzes will be enough to win this trophy.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- International A License
Complete the International A License

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- International B License
Complete the International B License

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- International C License
Complete the International C License

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- National A License
Complete the National A License

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- National B License
Complete the National B License

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Hidden Trophy

Red Bull X1 Challenge
Complete the Red Bull X1 Challenge Special Event

Complete all levels of this challenge to win the trophy.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge
Complete the Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge Special Event

Complete all three levels of this challenge to win the trophy. This event is unlocked at level 16.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Grand Tour
Complete the Grand Tour Special Event

Complete all five levels of this challenge to win the trophy. This event is unlocked at level 13.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Gran Turismo Rally
Complete the Gran Turismo Rally Special Event

Complete all three levels of this challenge to win the trophy. This event is unlocked at level 10, but the higher two levels are unlocked at levels 15 and 20.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- AMG Driving Academy
Complete the AMG Driving Academy Special Event

Complete all four levels of this challenge to win the trophy. The event is unlocked at level 6, with the higher levels unlocked at levels 12, 18 and 24.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Top Gear Test Track
Complete the Top Gear Test Track Special Event

Complete all three levels of this challenge to win the trophy. The event unlocks at level 4, with higher levels unlocked at levels 8 and 19.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Jeff Gordon NASCAR School
Complete the Jeff Gordon NASCAR School Special Event

Complete all three levels of this challenge to win the trophy. The event unlocks at level 2, with higher levels unlocking at 9 and 21.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Gran Turismo Karting Experience
Complete the Gran Turismo Karting Experience Special Event

Complete all three levels of this challenge to win the trophy. The event unlocks at level 1, with the higher levels unlocking at levels 7 and 17.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Win Number One
Win your first A-Spec event race

Pretty simple. Awarded the first time you win a race in A-Spec mode.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- The Right Direction
Win your first B-Spec event race

Pretty simple. Awarded the first time you coach your Bob to race win in B-Spec mode.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Proud Owner
Take and share a photo

Photograph anything anywhere in Photomode/Photo Travel. Save the photo and exit to GT Life. Go to your album, find any saved photo, press Triangle to bring up the menu, press X on "Share with friends" and press X on "On" to share the photo. The trophy will spring when the upload completes.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Course Designer
Create and share a track

Create any track in Course Maker. Save the track and exit to GT Life. Go to your tracks, find any saved track, press Triangle to bring up the menu, press X on "Share with friends" and press X on "On" to share the track. The trophy will spring when the upload completes.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Loony Tune
Spend an insane amount of money on tuning a car

Spend 500,000cr in total tuning your cars.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Race Ready
Perform Racing Modifications on one of your cars

Go to GT Auto with any non-race car eligible for a race modification, select race modification and apply it.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Dream Drifter
Get 10,000 points or more in a Sector Mode Drift Trial

In Arcade Mode, select Drift Trial and sector mode. Simply slide your way to 10,000 points. Remember that the longer the track, the more sectors there are - and drifts are awarded more highly for a high angle (90 degrees - nose-in - to the corner will get highest points) and duration (the longer you can keep it there, the better).

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Data Analyst
Analyze your performance using the Data Logger

Simply view any replay of a completed lap and use the Data Logger functions.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Driving Music
Use the Personal BGM function, and go for a drive while listening to your favorite songs

Outside the game, place any audio file (mp3 works best) onto your PS3 and add it to a playlist. Then, in the game, go to options, Audio Options, Select User BGM (you'll be asked to pick a playlist at this point) then Enable User BGM. The trophy will spring here - you don't need to "go for a drive".

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Beyond the Autobahn
Drive 12,718km total - the length of all Germany's Autobahns combined

Just drive. A lot. This should pop up in the course of your game progress naturally.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Car Collector
Fill your Garage with 1,000 cars

Just buy cars. A lot. This probably won't pop up in the course of your game progress - you'll need a lot of money and a lot of cars. I'd recommend saving up for the below trophy instead of buying cars when you can.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Multi-Millionaire
Possess an insane amount of money

"Insane" means 10,000,000cr.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Old-Timer
Acquire a car manufactured in 1959 or earlier

There's only seven of these in the game. The most accessible are the 2CV (used cars) and the Subaru 360 (prize from World Classic Cars)

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Half a Century of Cars
Own at least one car from the '60s, '70s, 80's, '90s, and '00s.

This will come through gameplay - you'll be awarded cars from all over the century, so don't worry about it. If you're desperate, keep an eye on the used cars.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Maximum Mileage
Buy a used car with 300,000km or more travel distance.

These pop up in used cars very rarely, so keep a close eye. Remember, every time you see the loading bar on the screen (except Photo Travel) a game day goes by and 6 cars are added to the used car list.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- High Roller
Bought a seriously expensive car

Simply buy a car for more than 100,000cr. Best done after multi-millionaire.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Sky-High Roller
Buy an insanely expensive car

Simply buy a car for more than 1,000,000cr. Best done after multi-millionaire.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Speed Demon
Achieve a speed of 300km/h

This will come in the NASCAR School Special Event, very early on.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- 111 Meters a Second
Achieve a speed of 400 km/h

Much harder, but possible with the Veyron (won from Professional/Gran Turismo World Championship) - or a lunatic LMP1 car - on a run down the 2009 Sarthe (no chicane) straight or on SSR7.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Within One Hundredth
Win a race by a margin of 0.01 seconds or less

Difficult to do on purpose, but it should crop up during gameplay accidentally. If you want to engineer it, anything with closely-matched, fast cars on simple tracks - the first NASCAR special event, notably - will do it.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Arch Rivals
Achieve a one-two finish in a Mistubishi Lancer Evolution X and a Subaru IMPREZA WRX STi

Simply start a two-player split screen race with these cars selected - any track. Once the race finishes, the trophy will spring up.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Dream Race
Win the ultimate three-way showdown between a Ford Mark IV Race Car, a Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car and a Jaguar XJ13 Race Car

Win a race at the Historic Racing Car Cup in Expert Series while driving one of these three cars - the others will probably be present.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- GT-R Official Record
Achieve a time of 7'29.03 on the Nurburgring Nordschleife in a Nissan GT-R '07. The record must be achieved in a Time Trial in the Arcade mode version of the car with tires of Sports Hard grade or lower equipped

That. Note that you need to unlock the Nordschleife in Arcade mode first, which means passing the Intermediate events of the AMG Driving Challenge - which requires level 12. Just beat the record using Sport Hard tyres or worse.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Human Stopwatch
Complete three consecutive laps with time within 0.2 seconds of the Best Lap Time

Sounds relatively simple and will probably pop up for consistent players at some point. If you want to engineer it, the best way is to get a simple track with few corners (Daytona, Indy or Motegi Super Speedways) and a slow car - people recommend using the PDI Racing Kart 100, since it's given free at Level 1 - and just run it in Arcade time trial.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- A Star is Born
Train a B-Spec driver up to Class 30 or above

Just keep training a single B-Spec driver. He'll hit level 30 through natural progression.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- The Air of Experience
Raise a B-Spec driver to the peak of his career

Train a single B-Spec driver until his "career" bar is filled - this requires you to have a B-Spec driver active on your roster for 500 races, give or take a couple, whether he drives in all 500 or not. Remote Races do not count towards this trophy.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Colorful
Collect 256 paint colors

Simply collect 256 different paint colours. You get a paint colour every time you get a car and they can be gifted too. The key is that you need 256 different ones.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Penniless
Spend every last Credit you have

Extremely easy if done at the start. Various methods exist - I bought a Premium Eunos Roadster (19,000) and bought an ECU upgrade for it (1,000), but there are more circuitous ways of doing it.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Hidden Trophy

Watch Out for Falling Objects
Make a part of your car fall off while driving

You'll probably accidentally manage this in the game, but to force it, go to Arcade Mode, Single Race, pick a Premium Rally car and just smash it into anything, repeatedly. Doors are good to try, because they flap about before they start to detach.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Hidden Trophy

Rollover
Total a car by flipping it over

Another one you'll accidentally do during the game, but can be forced by being reckless. The inside of the final chicane at Trial Mountain is a good spot because of the awesome bump there. The car will need to be upside-down/on its side and at rest to force the game to reset the car and this will get your trophy.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Hidden Trophy

Take Your Honda Home
Take a photo of a Honda passing in front of the Honda head office on the Tokyo R246 track

Simple in description - drive a Honda down the Tokyo R246 straight, save the replay, go to Photomode and photograph it in that location. The location is on the left side of the straight and is a tall, white building with a rounded glass corner. Large Castrol signs are just trackside of it.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Hidden Trophy

Picture Exclusive
Take a picture of a special someone as he stands in Kyoto's Gion district

Go to Photo Travel and pick Kyoto Gion as the location. Pick location #1 for the camera and location C for the car. As you switch to free roam, you'll see a guy leaning on the bridge to the left. Move the camera to a position where you can see his face (he'll look left and right), zoom in, autofocus and snap him. If done right the trophy will spring within a couple of seconds - saving the photo is not necessary.

41320951.gif
trophybronze.png
- Hidden Trophy

Portraitist
Take a portrait of a solitary lady who appears on the Marktgasse in Bern

Go to Photo Travel and pick Bern Marketgasse as the location. Pick location #1 for the camera and location A for the car. As you switch to free roam, you'll see a woman sitting at the base of the statue ahead, busy with a mobile phone (cellphone). Move the camera to a position where you can see her face, zoom in, autofocus and snap her. If done right the trophy will spring within a couple of seconds - saving the photo is not necessary.

Last edited:
Sweet thanks. I think you wrote twice on 400kmh trophy.

Fixed.

Four of the trophies are still a little mysterious - Loony Tunes, Multi-Millionaire, Dream Race and The Air of Experience. I'll fill these in properly when we have a more concrete answer.

Did I? Chuff me sideways. Copy and paste is a harsh mistress!

This might be askin too much but are you planning guide for a spec and event such as what car to use to beat event in gold and tips?

This might be askin too much but are you planning guide for a spec and event such as what car to use to beat event in gold and tips?

Eventually. But it may take... some time :lol:

By the way, for the Impreza vs. Lancer, both cars do NOT have to finish the race. You can easily get it in Two player split screen if you have two controllers. Just select the Evo X with one and either the 2007 or 2010 Impreza for the other player and have one of them complete the race. Once the race is over, the trophy should pop up without even having to touch the second car.

Thanks much for the guide, Famine. It seems there are some hidden trophies that I never would have gotten without having known what I was doing... Probably shouldn't say much more.

As always, thanks for your effort for the site. 👍

Time to set about earning all these...

Nice list there, I did the within .01 with the Yaris/Vitz race being pushed down the Fuji straight and then winning it.
I wonder how anyone found out about the _____ photo locations... either a higher up hint of perhaps just some paparazzi players..

Would be nice to know how the hidden trophies were figured out?

Thanks for the tips peeps :)

Would be nice to know how the hidden trophies were figured out?

Thanks for the tips peeps :)

They were leaked before the game was out. I saw on PS3 trophies the week before release and that had all the hidden trophies listed. If you look on PS3trophies and 360achievements.org, this unfortunately happens a lot

Fixed.

Four of the trophies are still a little mysterious - Loony Tunes, Multi-Millionaire, Dream Race and The Air of Experience. I'll fill these in properly when we have a more concrete answer.

I completed Looney Tunes with a Nissan Primera '01 used car. So for sure you can achieve it with a standard car as well. I just simply modded it with all the options possible, I bought all the tire options, dirt, snow, and the other 8 sets. I am not sure if you needed this or not, but I think so. Just make sure to remember to install everything once you bought it.

We got them on GTP too - just Sony asked us to remove them from our blog...

Kru83 - Buy lots of cars. Have a look around and see what you can spend on. If you can get it down to 250/450/1000cr, there are parts in the Tune Shop to take the last few credits. Might be worth saving up for multi-millionaire (to report back on that) and buying a very expensive car (for Sky High Roller) first.

I completed Looney Tunes with a Nissan Primera '01 used car. So for sure you can achieve it with a standard car as well. I just simply modded it with all the options possible, I bought all the tire options, dirt, snow, and the other 8 sets. I am not sure if you needed this or not, but I think so. Just make sure to remember to install everything once you bought it.

Do you remember how much you spent?

Anecdotes say it could be a lot spent on a cheap car (so a high percentage of the car's value - 75k spent modifying an 8k car!) or a cumulative amount spent on lots of cars.

I saw the leaked trophy lists, I swear they just had "Hidden trophy" listed :eek:

yes.

I'm a little angry because I should have got penniless first, now, I have a weird number of credits and I'm afraid I won't be able to get rid of them all, help! :guilty:
Start looking for cars you can buy that will get your amount divisible by 50cr. Then buy parts to get yourself below 1000cr.

Important small expenses that have minimal effect on your car you can spam with a garage of cars: Car Wash: 50cr. Oil Change 250cr. Get yourself to a point where doing a lot of those will bring you to zero.

Start looking for cars you can buy that will get your amount divisible by 50cr. Then buy parts to get yourself below 1000cr.

Important small expenses that have minimal effect on your car you can spam with a garage of cars: Car Wash: 50cr. Oil Change 250cr. Get yourself to a point where doing a lot of those will bring you to zero.

thanks mate

Edit:

I did the flip your car trophy at trial mountain, twice and it did not count it do I have to o an entire lap before I can get it??

Edit 2: I can't get rid of my money to get the tropie I've got something like 24,864Cr.

Last edited:
Anecdotes say it could be a lot spent on a cheap car (so a high percentage of the car's value - 75k spent modifying an 8k car!) or a cumulative amount spent on lots of cars.

I think it may be cumulative, every car I have bought I have bought the same tuning parts for; all engine, all turbo, all intake, all exhaust, all drivetrain and nothing more. My cars have so far ranged from dirt cheap to over 100k and I got this trophy last night whilst tuning a car that was around 20k~.

Last edited:
Alright, so I can tell you, you need more than 2,000,000cr for the "Multi-Millionaire trophy. I'll try for three million this week. I will get that trophy!

Back