GT5 Trophy Guide (Spoilers)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 369 comments
I tried the ultimute showdown and won the race with the xj13 racecar. The 330 p4 and the Mark IV were present, but i did not get the trophy. 2nd place was a toyota 7 racecar. Am I missing something, a PP limit or a tire limit or something?

OK, I'm retarded. :dunce: I sat and waited for like 10 minutes for the trophy to pop and it didn't. So, I went to my trophy collection and learned I earned it 3 freaking months ago:banghead:

Hey guys. I'm sorry if this has been asked a gazillion times, but i've been searching for hours for a relevant thread and this is the closest one i could find, and 19 pages is a lot to read through, so here goes...

I'm really struggling with the Nissan GTR's new record. I know how you have to get it with the arcade vehicle only (stock) with sports hard tires (if i recall correctly) using time trial in arcade mode.

I'm using a G27 setup & have all aids off except abs set as 1, but the best i can manage is 7:37.xxx... 8 seconds too slow. I've been trying this on-and-off for over a year now and it's driving me nuts!?

Any suggestions besides no abs?? (that only makes it worse) It would help if there was tire fuel depletion and you could do pit stops for tires and NOT take on fuel, but there's no such options for whatever reason. I'm stumped! :(

Hey guys. I'm sorry if this has been asked a gazillion times, but i've been searching for hours for a relevant thread and this is the closest one i could find, and 19 pages is a lot to read through, so here goes...

I'm really struggling with the Nissan GTR's new record. I know how you have to get it with the arcade vehicle only (stock) with sports hard tires (if i recall correctly) using time trial in arcade mode.

I'm using a G27 setup & have all aids off except abs set as 1, but the best i can manage is 7:37.xxx... 8 seconds too slow. I've been trying this on-and-off for over a year now and it's driving me nuts!?

Any suggestions besides no abs?? (that only makes it worse) It would help if there was tire fuel depletion and you could do pit stops for tires and NOT take on fuel, but there's no such options for whatever reason. I'm stumped! :(

Try driving on a wet track. Yes you will be much slower, but once you manage to complete a full lap without any incidents, you can go back to the normal track and beat the record.

I got the trophy, even if it was only by 1 second or so.
If this is the only trophy that you're having problems with, then consider yourself lucky, because the S.Vettel challenge is near impossible (I've been trying since day 1...)

Try driving on a wet track. Yes you will be much slower, but once you manage to complete a full lap without any incidents, you can go back to the normal track and beat the record.

I got the trophy, even if it was only by 1 second or so.
If this is the only trophy that you're having problems with, then consider yourself lucky, because the S.Vettel challenge is near impossible (I've been trying since day 1...)

Hmmm Don't think i like the sound of that, but it makes sense. I think you're onto something there. Thanks. I also recently did the 24 HRS Endurance with the my Peugot 908, and discovered how different the rhythm was in the rain. That's a whole other story, but that's what inspired me to have another go at this. I used to be at least 20 seconds too slow with TCS on 1, so i've made some improvement by turning it off, but nowhere near enough.

No this is not the only one i'm struggling with...I could list many, especially in the license tests!? Hell, i understand that. I only just recently bronzed the Vettel ones. Took me aaaaaages! Don't think i'll even get close to silver, let alone gold!? The key thing i found with the x1 is tcs off ( so you can feel what it's doing), skid recovery force on, and fiddle around with the controller sensitivity. I changed it from 5 (default) to 2, and, like magic, it became drivable!?

Do you actually have an X1? If you can practice driving it outside of the special event, it makes it a lot easier to come to grips with it.

Hmmm Don't think i like the sound of that, but it makes sense. I think you're onto something there. Thanks. I also recently did the 24 HRS Endurance with the my Peugot 908, and discovered how different the rhythm was in the rain. That's a whole other story, but that's what inspired me to have another go at this. I used to be at least 20 seconds too slow with TCS on 1, so i've made some improvement by turning it off, but nowhere near enough.

Driving with TCS OFF or even set to 1 is a great way to improve your car control.
If you drive on the rain for an extended period of time, once you get back to a dry track, you'll notice just how much grip you have, hence, you will feel a lot faster, and that will allow you to push your limits even further

No this is not the only one i'm struggling with...I could list many, especially in the license tests!? Hell, i understand that. I only just recently bronzed the Vettel ones. Took me aaaaaages! Don't think i'll even get close to silver, let alone gold!? The key thing i found with the x1 is tcs off ( so you can feel what it's doing), skid recovery force on, and fiddle around with the controller sensitivity. I changed it from 5 (default) to 2, and, like magic, it became drivable!?

Do you actually have an X1? If you can practice driving it outside of the special event, it makes it a lot easier to come to grips with it.

The licences I can understand. It will take some time, however, not as much time as the S.Vettel challenge.

But of course I have an X1, in fact, I have at least 5 of them :sly:
I've managed to achieve bronze with the controller (long before any update since I had no internet connection back then). But now, I have my dear DFGT with me, and even though the car control is better, I still can't get pass bronze for some reason.

I've done every, single, thing in the game. I got all the trophies, well, missing one, since the S.Vettel challenge is the very last thing that I need doing before the platinum.

Driving with TCS OFF or even set to 1 is a great way to improve your car control.
If you drive on the rain for an extended period of time, once you get back to a dry track, you'll notice just how much grip you have, hence, you will feel a lot faster, and that will allow you to push your limits even further

Thanks. I never use TCS nowadays...Not for X1, FGT, LMP Protos, nothing! Now that i've learned to feel what the car is doing i can't drive anything with it it on! Still struggling to go without ABS, but i'll get there eventually. And you're right, i did notice that in the 24 HRS.

The licences I can understand. It will take some time, however, not as much time as the S.Vettel challenge.

But of course I have an X1, in fact, I have at least 5 of them :sly:
I've managed to achieve bronze with the controller (long before any update since I had no internet connection back then). But now, I have my dear DFGT with me, and even though the car control is better, I still can't get pass bronze for some reason.

I've done every, single, thing in the game. I got all the trophies, well, missing one, since the S.Vettel challenge is the very last thing that I need doing before the platinum.

Oh WOW... :bowdown: All i can say is...No wonder it's driving you nuts!

I also did the vettel challenge and needed gold times and i achieved it - platium.
But 1 update helped me, without it it wouldnt be possible. When the put steering senstivity i managed to gold it with DS3. Just put steering senstivity to 4 or higher and youll do it. It will forsure cost you some nerves and patience. It took me 4h to gold suzuka, and 2h for nurburgring. Suzuka was frustrating.... i still have they replays on my hdd

I also did the vettel challenge and needed gold times and i achieved it - platium.
But 1 update helped me, without it it wouldnt be possible. When the put steering senstivity i managed to gold it with DS3. Just put steering senstivity to 4 or higher and youll do it. It will forsure cost you some nerves and patience. It took me 4h to gold suzuka, and 2h for nurburgring. Suzuka was frustrating.... i still have they replays on my hdd

I have the steering sensitivity set to 7...I don't like driving it with the controller. The car steers too fast, and it can't sift balance properly. And on the long turns I can't keep a clean line.

Hence, why I'm much better with the DFGT. This has got to a point where having a wheel it's just not enough. I need to sit in the correct position, be relaxed, and a bunch of other stuff that I've become OCD about...

WOW! No kidding... i'd be keeping the replays too!? ...As evidence that i did it legitimately. 👍 It was a big celebration when i finally managed bronze. I can only imagine how big the celebration would be upon winning gold! :bowdown: Congratulations, by the way!! :cheers:

Back