Stupid GT5 in game censorship word list

RocketPunch1221
RRoD? no thanks.
Not sure who came up with the awesome coding of censoring the chat in GT5, but someone should give him an award. If SONY or PD is reading this, I would like to find out what is your logic, if there is any. Also I would like to find out what you guys are doing to censor voice chat since that is really a much bigger problem than censoring words like "engine" in a game about cars and racing. :dunce:

Please add what you find.

Censored words:
  • engine - green initiative? LOL
  • Tsukuba - yeah, the circuit
  • LSD - as in Limited Slip Differential
  • lulz - means dick in Dutch...
  • dirt - as in dirt tires
  • pitting - as in pitting in
  • ss - any word containing "ss", as in Camero ss = censored
  • magic - sorry Disney
  • nicht starten ("don't start" in German) - nicht means gay men in Dutch...
  • hora ("hour" in Spanish) - They are only allowed to live in minutes
  • junkies - as in speed junkies
  • joint, puff, roll

Last edited:
'Pee' Is censored.... Although it's something everyone does. Especially before a long race..... People must be informed!

How sad. :ill:

What about vocal chats??
But this list will be as hillarious as the funny driver names

Can you type "dont" or "not" in the chat? In German, when i tried to write "dont start = nicht starten" (nicht = not) it gives you "*****". It is pretty much a joke.

Can you type "dont" or "not" in the chat? In German, when i tried to write "dont start = nicht starten" (nicht = not) it gives you "*****". It is pretty much a joke.
Ha ha, in Dutch nicht means cousin and is a slang word for a gay man.

I know there are words in english that might read as an offensive word in some other languages, this is why chat censor needs to be region specific. The thing is they really can't over control what people can type; yes I would agree you censor the most obvious stuff, but that is just gone way overboard. If words like "engine" is deem offensive, then this word should never be in any part of the game, which is not the case.

So if they think "Tsukuba" is offensive, I am going to voice my opinion that the circuit "Tsukuba" is offending me now, and I demanded PD to remove the track from the game. How's that sound?? Tomorrow I am going to invent a religion called "Gran Turismo" and now they will have to change the name of the game, because I just made the name of the game offensive to me.

LOL

I know it seems silly, but in fairness to SONY the game is rated as safe for 3 year olds (It's a 3+ here in the UK).

More debatable is whether a 3 year old can read or not but hey ho...

I know it seems silly, but in fairness to SONY the game is rated as safe for 3 year olds (It's a 3+ here in the UK).

More debatable is whether a 3 year old can read or not but hey ho...

IF that is their logic, there should never be voice chat in the game. So what DO they have in place to censor me from swearing online via voice chat???

NOTHING

I, for one, am in favor of moderating chat and text. There are kids out there; think of the kids! Also, this is an "E" rated game.

On another note, have you ever played MW2 or Black Ops? The chat is about as profane as it gets. Every other teeny bopper throws out curse words like it was acceptable. Don't let this happen to GT5.

I, for one, am in favor of moderating chat and text. There are kids out there; think of the kids! Also, this is an "E" rated game.

On another note, have you ever played MW2 or Black Ops? The chat is about as profane as it gets. Every other teeny bopper throws out curse words like it was acceptable. Don't let this happen to GT5.

How is the word "Engine" and "Tsukuba" offensive to kids? I love to hear your explanation.

I am FOR censoring but not in a way that will bascially censor every word in the english language.

Last edited:
Back