I have seen many posts requesting this for when you want to watch replays without the hud or just cruising in your favourite car in cockpit mode for example.
Kazunori has responded to a question on twitter about this very subject and is considering it. SOURCE
I voted yes. Preferably I would like to be able to choose which individual HUD elements to show/hide. I'd also like to be able to choose between the analog and digital counters.
Yes ideally that would be the way to go, so that you can still see your sector times for example but not have the in-game speedometer and the cockpits on at the same time.
Didn't want to confuse things though just a simple on/off is good enough for me.
Yes. More specifically I want to be able to customize it to some extent. At the very least there should be a "full" a "minimal" and a "none". The worst bits for me is the the driver roster blocks my rear view mirror in most cars (cockpit view) and in a lot of the rally events they put the map in the middle of the screen. I don't have any idea why they would do that in the first place, but it is seriously distracting to me. I really want to be able to remove it or put it back in normal location.
I just want to be able to get rid of that stupid flashing red downshift indicator!!! I try to learn the courses, but find myself depending on this stupid little feature. Its to damn hard not to notice it flashing in the corner!
I voted yes. Apologize if this had been suggested:
I would like to see HUD turn on/off on individual elements (e.g. tachometer) as well as entire HUD on/off (for convenience ). Perhaps count it on v1.04 or some other patch later in the future.
I voted yes aswell. A customizable HUD would be a great feature to have and I would be able to eliminate the gear indicator. I feel like I use it a lot without even noticing and I would rather memorize the tracks properly.