GTP's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car (Episode 21 is up!)

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 436 comments

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
Episode 1 - TB

Our first guest on GTP's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car is one of our newest Super Mods, TB!

How did you find your way here to GTP? How long have you been a member?
I joined looking for info on GT4. You can thank (or blame, depending on your prerogative) Jordan for making me become a member so I could download the videos. Shortly after that I started posting on the forum and I haven't gone away yet. That puts me in at almost 6 and a half years at GTP now.

So has GT5 been everything you expected?
Expected? Yes. Hoped for, no one can really say yes to that, can they? I expected there to be bugs, I expected there to be issues, and there are, but the bottom line is it’s still loaded with great cars, fun tracks and now I can show off my complete ineptitude behind the wheel to the entire world online? What’s not to love?

What has been your favourite vehicle to drive so far?
Currently I’m not all that far into the game so my garage is pretty sparse. However, I am enjoying the Chromeline M3. She goes where you point her and if the back end does happen to step out of line, it’s not going to kill you.

What about tracks, anyone really stand out to you are your favourite?
Again, not being all that far in, my early favorite is the new Cape Ring but my favorite of all the Gran Turismo’s is GT3’s Complex String. The great mix of fast and technical makes for some fun driving.

Oh, and the Top Gear track :P

As a budding photographer have you played around with the photomode feature yet? If so what do you think about it?
I’ve dabbled, but so far, I’m really liking it. Some of the shots that people are getting are insane. And having a DSLR, I can honestly say that Photomode is very similar – but a hell of a lot cheaper! I expect to spend a fair amount of time with this in the future.

What has been your favourite GT game and why?
Same as the track - purely for C-String, GT3.

What other video games do you enjoy playing?
With the kids, I don’t have a lot of time to play usually, which would be why I still don’t have my Platinum trophy for Uncharted. So, as far as “family friendly” games, GT5 is now at the top of that list just edging out Lego Star Wars. One of these days when the kids are sleeping and the newness of GT5 has worn off a touch I’ll get back to Mr. Drake and that treasure…

OK, I have to ask, what is it like being one of GTP's newest super mods? Everything you thought it would be?
Honestly, it is a lot more work than I think most people realize. The things that need to go on behind the scenes to keep it all running smoothly are immense. It certainly keeps you on your toes.

Is it true you guys really have wild party's in the super secret mod forum...be honest!?
Oh, god, you hav[CENSORED BY SCEA]

🤬

Ok lets talk real life for a minute here, what do you drive? Is it or anything like it in any of the GT game? If so how does it compare?
With the kids – ’05 Honda Pilot, without the kids – ’07 Civic coupe. Obviously the Pilot isn’t in GT5 and the closest I can get to the Civic is a Type R. Needless to say, they aren’t all that close. :lol:

Favourite car and why?
I’ve liked the F430 Scuderia for a while, but I think the 458 is starting to weasel it’s way in. Anything that can go 0-62 in 3.4 and still turn in 17.4mpg is doing something right.

Other then schooling the GTP masses, photography and video games, what other hobbies do you have?
With 2 kids, that’s all I really have time for, especially in the summer when there’s baseball, swimming, soccer, etc. but once things have settled down at night, I like going on 10-15 mile bike rides.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach… :P

Is there anything else you would like to say?
As I said in my 10k post thread, thank you Jordan, all the fellow Moderators and great members that make this place so nice to come back to everyday. 👍

One last thing – I really wanted to get in under 1:30

Well lets have a look at your lap and see how you did!

YouTube got slightly cranky, this video will be replaced with a better one later and I'll figure out something with the sound. I have no idea why they thought generic music was forbidden.

A 1:30.737! Close enough right?

On the extreme off chance that someone happens to beat that time, I get to come back, right? Instead of the Jay Kay rule, we’ll call it the Tee Bee rule.:D

Sound good to me :P

Just Brilliant! Very Cool Indeed.

At one point I was half expecting to see an Inside shot of TB Cursing the Car to go faster! I wonder if got stuck in 3rd gear like most Celbs do?
In Any Case....
Great Job!

Thanks for the comments on the driving, guys. :)👍
Bravo, good stuff guys. Though I got concerned I'd happened upon an eHarmony ad:
I also like piña coladas.

Damn. I'm doing it again.
At one point I was half expecting to see an Inside shot of TB Cursing the Car to go faster!
No cursing, but there was mention of driving and god. :D

Personal favor to ask any and all who do their time on the track - now that all the specifics of the car have been released, please don't run lap after lap for the next few months getting it all nailed down. That's not the point of the show and that not the point here.

That and if you do, you'll have to put up with me coming back and
no one wants that.
:lol:

Thanks for the opportunity, Joey!

A great idea well executed 👍 I'm looking forward to future episodes :)

Unfortunately my iPhone doesn't like the youtube vid although I'm sure it put Barrichello to shame :lol: Let us know when the rejigged video is up and maybe add a link to it as well as embed it.

Good read, will watch the video when not at work! I know its unlikely to be me anytime soon as a new user, but what are feelings towards driving this car but not at the TGTT? Not planning on it, but if needed in the A-Spec championship...

I remember you taking the lead on this ages ago, well done for remembering and picking it up where you left off Joey. I'll look forward to seeing more people have a go and the board being populated (with TB at the top ofcourse).

I still believe that the pink vitz should be the reasonably priced car, it's fairly iconic amongst GT players, and there is a premium model as well.

Great Idea Joey! Be great for something to do after A-Spec & B-Spec is over and done with keep up the good work...

Thanks for the comments guys! I'll be playing with the capture card this week to bring better videos. Oh and next week's guest has been selected, we will have an auto blogger in our reasonably priced car!

Oh, I enjoyed this. Well done.

Hope it sticks and that a lot of people participate. 👍

Well done guys.

Joey, were you using in-game music or your own playlist? I guess turning replay music off might be your best option if you can't find an allowable song with your own music.

EDIT: Any plans to Sticky this?

Well done guys.

Joey, were you using in-game music or your own playlist? I guess turning replay music off might be your best option if you can't find an allowable song with your own music.

EDIT: Any plans to Sticky this?

It was in game music. I was unaware I could shut it off, but I will probably just do that.

This is the coolest idea and it's very well organized. Thanks!

Could this be sticky'd to the top of the forum so it's easy to find? I look forward to future weeks.

Back