GTP's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car (Episode 21 is up!)

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 436 comments

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumbleweed.gif

Sorry I haven't done these in a while. Alot of stuff just got out of control. I promise I'll get back to doing these within the next month, I've got far better video capture equipment do so and all it'll require is for me to get a new PS3 that doesn't have a messed up multi-output port and it'll be back.

The tuning forum is grossly under represented in this thread, yet mentioned as potential stars in the op. You must start with Praiano because he has won more "Tunes of the Week" than anyone. If anyone is a star of the tuning forums its Praiano.

Potential Tuning Garage Stars:
Praiano - most popular tuner
Adrenaline - most opinionated tuner
CSLACR - fastest driving tuner
Motor City Hami - most real world experienced tuner
Rotary Junkie - most historic tuner
Krenkme - leader of the Clueless
DigitalBaka - man in charge of FITT
XDesperado - Harvey Wallbanger himself
Onboy - most pre-pubecent tuner
Roj - Onboy's nemesis
Johnny Penso - has dead nuts, but at least they are even

There are a few more active tuners, I just don't know them well enough to post something funny about them.

But seriously, I do think you should do an interview with Praiano.

Indeed, we have no shortage of people to interview. Just need someone who can record the vidoes and Admin it.

Any mods who could run it until Racecar is back up and sorted?

What luck, turns out the guy at this computer shop I'm currently getting my laptop fixed at has the number to a traveling PS3 repair person that can come to my house and do the work and be done with it in a day. Looks like I actually will get back into this much sooner then I initially thought 👍

ATTENTION:

I now have both a new PS3 AND my HD-PVR working again so I can get back to completing this. Since I'm so far behind, I've decided to go for a Couples format. It'll not only get twice as many done, but it'll keep me busy. The format for this will still be posted on Sundays, it'll just be now two interviews and videos at once.

Also, I will be putting up a pole for what next car should replace the Citroen C4 Once we go GT6.

Now I'm aiming to get this going next month and hopefully will be able to get my GT5 disc out of the dead PS3 by then.

Last edited:
Episode 20 - Katiegan

Welcome back everyone! Its been more then a year since our last guest turned up, but we're back in business. Our guest to kick things off is a huge Ken Block fan and as far as I can work out, GTP's only Ford Mondeo enthusiast. Please welcome Katiegan!

What has brought you here to GTP? How long have you been a member?

It was suzq044 who brought me here. She introduced photomode competitions much like the ones here on another forum we frequent, which sparked my interest in the site. I lurked for a long time, usually just using the site for tunes, but in June 2011 I finally signed up. It wasn't until a month later in July that I made my first post, however. :P

How was GT5 for you?
We all know GT5 has it's weaknesses and it doesn't seem all it was cracked up to be in the build up for it, but to be honest with you, I've been playing it a lot for almost 3 years now, so I can't really complain. Whereas offline doesn't interest me so much anymore, if you get in a decent shuffle room or just in a room with your friends, online is a great way to pass the time.

What has been your favourite vehicle to drive at the moment?
I've recently fallen in love with the Evo X. It seems I can never get bored thrashing that around the Nurburgring, and it'll just go wherever you point it. The one I drive the most is completely stock, and it's still one of the most fun cars that I have to drive.

What about tracks? Are there any particular favorites you have?
Not at the moment. Monaco was my favourite for a while, but now I like pretty much all of them the same. Although, like I said, I do enjoy a good run at the Nurburgring.

Have you played around with photomode at all? If so, how do you like it?
I most certainly have! I don't use it as much as I used to, but I still love it. I'm forever learning new ways to make my photos look better. I don't update it nearly as much as I should, but if you're interested in seeing what photos I produce, you can take a look at my gallery here. In fact, I updated it a couple of days ago with some shots of the Evo I love to drive.

What is your favourite GT game and why?
I would have to say GT5, because it's the only GT game I've played properly. I had GT4 on the PS2 but never actually played it properly - only Arcade Mode! :lol:

Are there any other video games do you enjoy playing?

I love the DiRT series, especially DiRT 2, and I'm quite a keen GTA fan too. In fact, I love almost anything made by Rockstar... GTA, Midnight Club, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire. WRC 3 is fun to play too, and sometimes I play Skate 3.

Switching over to real life, what do you drive? Is it in the game and if so, how does in compare?
I'm not yet old enough to drive, but our current car is a Ford Mondeo, named Bruiser. He's even got his own thread, which you can take a look at here. Unfortunately, he's not in the game, and GT2 was the last GT game to feature a Mondeo. Although, the Mazda 6/Atenza is the closest car in the game to him. The Mazda 6 is practically a Mondeo in fancy dress, just like the Jaguar X-Type. :P

Whats your favorite car and what is it about it that you like so much?
My favourite car has always been the Mondeo. I'm not into fancy supercars or concept cars, or insanely expensive cars that I'll most likely never own and never get to use to their full potential. The Mondeo is a reasonable car that just goes. We've had Bruiser for just under 9 years now, and only now is his health starting to decline. He's driven on 3 cylinders, waded through mass flooding, survived a tyre blowout at 100+mph, continued to drive like nothing was wrong after his gearbox blew up... the Mondeo just drives. It doesn't start flashing warning lights at you every 10 seconds like a Peugeot, it doesn't break down after 6 months like an Alfa, it just gets on with life without complaining. And, on top of that, it has an ST version. What's not to love? :sly:

What's your other hobbies?
When I'm not hibernating in my room sat on my PS3 or computer, I'm usually working on Bruiser or taking photos. I've recently started getting into BMX too, although I'm still not anywhere near being the next Jamie Bestwick. I also collect Monster cans, although I might have to stop that because I'm running out of space for them! I also enjoy looking at potential first cars on Autotrader because I'm sad like that.

Anything else you'd like to say?

Don't expect me to be fast. Dirt is my strong point, not tarmac. :lol:

Last edited:
Episode 21 - Snaeper

Our guest today is an great, enthusiastic Race series Organizer who likes his races like he loves his poker cards...maybe. Put your hands together for Sneaper!

What has brought you here to GTP? How long have you been a member?

I don't remember what brought me here to GTPlanet (and I don't know how to find my first post as it was quite awhile ago), but I'd imagine I most likely wanted to share a car wishlist as that was something I was doing a lot of back then.

How has GT5 been for you?

Well the last GT game I played was GT2. But I was young and got swept up in the Xbox craze, so I never got to own a PS2 and only managed to borrow a friends for awhile to play GT3 (to this day I have yet to play GT4). So unlike most members, I'm not bugged by Standard cars since I never got to play with them, and while it's not anywhere near a perfect game, I really like GT5 and have a lot of fun with it. Especially in online Shuffle Races, which are amazing.

What has been your favourite vehicle to drive at the moment?

I don't have one, sadly. It's been awhile since I've played with the intent of picking a car of my own and racing it. I usually just do Shuffle Racing like I said above, and that just gives me just about anything.

What about tracks? Are there any particular favorites you have?

I've always been a huge fan of Deep Forest Raceway, I love the way I can run the lines there and I'm really glad they finally penalized the concrete corner as I could never vote to race there for the longest time since I knew everyone was going to cut there.

Have you played around with photomode at all? If so, how do you like it?

I have, but it's been a very long time. I think the Photo travel is okay, but I prefer taking pictures during races and making action shots. I believe that's one area PD could improve; that being staging action shots on a track, selecting the cars you want to be involved, etc.

What is your favourite GT game and why?

GT2. It's not just my favorite GT, it's one of my favorite Racing games of all time. I would love to see a re-mastered version released on PSN and the Vita. With online support and brushed up graphics. I loved the massive selection of cars and it really helped further ignite my passion for cars in general. Before GT, I had never heard of most of the JDM and EUDM vehicles that were in the game. The Renault Espace F1, 155 DTM Racecar, Spoon Integra Type-R, Mugen Integra Type-R, etc. were all some of my favorites cars. I also loved the massive implementation of Racing Modifications and I really hope GT can get back to the level of Race Mods they had in that game in future GT titles.

Are there any other video games you enjoy playing?

I've been a member of Second Life for almost 7 years now. It's a virtual world that I don't really consider to be a game, more of an 3D online social network, since there's really no objectives, points, acheivements, quests or anything. It's like life, but digital... and far more creative.

I was also hooked on Arma 2 for a month or two awhile back, but I had to put that down 'cause it was getting crazy how much I was playing it.

For the console, I don't play much outside of GT. Though in the past I've enjoyed Sid Meier's Civilization V, Batman: Arkham Asylum (and it's sequel) and a few other games. I'm looking forward to Fez coming to PSN as the short demo I played was amazing.

Switching over to real life, what do you drive? Is it in the game and if so, how does in compare?

In real life, my car is incredibly unimpressive. It's a 1990 Toyota Celica ST. It's not in the game, with the closest car to it being the Celica GT-R, and those are far too different to accurately compare them.

Whats your favorite car and what is it about it that you like so much?

Volkswagen GTI. The current generation is amazing and the next generation looks even better. I love the plaid seats, the feel of the steering wheel in your hand. The Mk. VII is going to have a driver-centric dashboard which I love. Combine the great interior with excellent driving dynamics for a Front-wheel drive car thanks to the coming electronically-controlled mechanical LSD, great ergonomics, and reasonable fuel efficiency make it the kind of car that just checks all the boxes for me. It's subtle exterior cues over the regular Golf are also appealing.

What's your other hobbies?

I don't have anything I stick to for any amount of time. I was collecting Hot Wheels last year, but that got out of hand for my budget so I went cold turkey. I also like riding my bike, but it's literally hell in the Summer in Arizona, so that's on hiatus since I don't wake up early enough to do it in the mornings. In the past I've been into Magic the Gathering, and Warhammer 40k... but again, the budgets get out of hand with those and I gotta give them up.

Anything else you'd like to say?

I love GTPlanet! It's the only forum that keeps me coming back! I can't wait for GT6 and doing stuff with all of my fellow GTPlanet members. I'm in the beginning stages of putting together a racing club to help populate a bunch of really awesome events that I'm going to be kicking off and I hope my fellow GTPlanet members will take a look and consider participating! This includes a 3-race mini-series of GT3 cars on release day for Pre-order members! Keep an eye out!

The lastest 3 Interviews have been added to the first post. Replays will come as soon as I get a response from daan for both Katiegan and Furikazen's replay (If he ever sends it), as well as Snaeper's replay.

Back