GTP WTAC Week Off : Sesame, Open Leaderboards !!!

easyasashii

Premium
France
France
PureGT_Sam
GTP WTAC Week Off : Sesame, Open Leaderboards !!!

Hi WTACers 👍 ! Your devoted WTAC team admin ;) needs a week off in order to prepare some amazing events for next session :D !!! And because we worried you might get bored without any challenge to run, we decided to launch this special week : we open the leaderboards for you to do whatever you want to !

To be more specific : the leaderboards is yours to take, run as many combos as you want to ! Choose your own car/track combo, do your best, post your time as explained bellow, find another combo, do your best, post again and so on ! Cooombo maaaaania !!! Of course, if you'd like to do only one, it is up to you : you're the boss ;) !

Duration of this special week : this crazy week will start Monday Dec. 27th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jan. 3rd 2011 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

And please remember that you'll have to follow the TAC Rules !

Just to remind you :

1. Clean or Dirty lap :

- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

Special Rules :
If it is an Urban Track, except for New York, don't worry about the Rumble/ripple strips, just make sure that times submitted are 100% wall free !

2. Time submission :

- you must post a picture of your Ghost Replay Save Data information screen from the main PSP menu (accessed by choosing Saved Data, then press Triangle on your Ghost Data and choosing Information) showing the Date, Course, Vehicle, Lap Time, Physics used, Tires used, and your GTPlanet username written on a slip of paper. Please see the Season 3 thread for several examples.
- must support your final submitted lap times by uploading the Ghost Replay Save Data of your fastest time for everyone to see. Your time will not count if you fail to upload your replay before the deadline of each challenge. Please refer to this post for instructions (thanks Glubags / BTW, EUR version will have "UCES*****RPLY" prefix instead of "UCUS*****RPLY") on how to locate your Ghost Replay Save Data.” compress it in .zip or .rar format.

IMPORTANT : This is a serious community, please respect the AUP and the TAC Rules we have. Thanks for being gentlemen ;) !

So, you've got a time you want to add in the leaderboards ? Please copy-paste and complete this message :

Track (direction) : ------
Laptime : -----
GTP ID : -----
Vehicule : -----
HP : -----
Tires : -----
Phy : Pro

and don't forget to add Picture & Ghost Replay Save Data ! Thanks !

Any question ? Ask here or shoot us a PM !

Have an excellent day and have fun !

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
thumbs-up.png

I was wondering if you guys were gonna take a break, you definitely deserve it.
Good idea with the open week! Maybe early in next year we can have a few challanges where we try to better the most interesting combos?

Is it okay to repeat a few challenges? I have seen the leaderboards and there are a few events that I'm interested in:

Bugatti Veyron at Nurburgring
WTAC Week 17 - Yesterday I ran the Ford Falcon at la Sarthe and I immediately got a faster time than the one I submitted for the competition
Pescarolo C60 or Audi R8 at Circuit de la Sarthe 2005
Nissan Motul Pitwork Z at High Speed Ring
Amuse Carbon R at Suzuka

Is it okay to repeat a few challenges? I have seen the leaderboards and there are a few events that I'm interested in:

Bugatti Veyron at Nurburgring
WTAC Week 17 - Yesterday I ran the Ford Falcon at la Sarthe and I immediately got a faster time than the one I submitted for the competition
Pescarolo C60 or Audi R8 at Circuit de la Sarthe 2005
Nissan Motul Pitwork Z at High Speed Ring
Amuse Carbon R at Suzuka

It sure is! That is exactly what Easy's "Affair Of Honor" is all about: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128102

👍

BTW - Be prepared to be a tapping maniac with the Carbon R at Suzuka!

So, where are you at guys ???

A week-off for you too or you're giving a huge slap to the times in the leaderboards :D ???

For me, I'm enjoying my time playing 'Race Driver 2006' again!

race-driver-2006-20060526045255794.jpg

It pretty nice to have up to 24 cars in a single race. The feeling of having to work your way up through a pack is satisfying. Also, I love the fact that it has damage - both physical and mechanical - and that helps prevents people from being unrealistically aggressive in a pack of automobiles.

GT PSP has better car models (more polygons and less dithering used), slightly better physics, and a larger car selection... but Race Driver 2006 has more tracks (60+) and a better selection of real world race circuits. If only I could combine elements from each game to make one 'super game'!

EDIT: I should also mention that the AI for 'Race Driver 2006' is leaps and bounds better than GT PSP. But that goes without saying as Gran Turismo has always had crappy AI drivers.

Last edited:
I've finished two challenges:

Pescarolo at la Sarthe - 3'19.xxx
Bugatti Veyron at the 'Ring - 6'30.xxx

I'll try out the RX-8 and the Ford Falcon tomorrow. I've had no chance to run the Amuse Carbon R or the Motul Pitwork Z yet.

Here are my times:

bugattiveyronatnurburgr.jpg

Track (direction) : Nürburgring
Laptime : 6'30.468
GTP ID : Dan360
Vehicule : Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
HP : 1001
Tires : R3/R3

pescaroloc60atlemans.jpg

Track (direction) : Circuit de la Sarthe 2005
Laptime : 3'19.311
Vehicule : Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05
HP : 918

amusecarbonratsuzuka.jpg

Track (direction) : Suzuka Circuit
Laptime : 2'02.864
Vehicule : Amuse Carbon R(R34) '04
HP : 603

week17fordfalcon.jpg

Laptime : 3'54.166
Vehicule : 2000 Ford Falcon XR8
HP : 608
Tires : R1/R1

week17mazdarx8.jpg

Laptime : 3'54.940
Vehicule : Mazda RX8 Concept LM Race Car
HP : 508
Tires : R1/R1

Have a happy new year!

Attachments

• Amuse Carbon R at Suzuka.zip
    55 KB · Views: 10
  • Bugatti Veyron at Nurburgring.zip
    59.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Pescarolo C60 at Le Mans.zip
    56.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Week 17 - Ford Falcon.zip
    56.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Week 17 - Mazda RX-8.zip
    874.8 KB · Views: 10
I ran the Honda TAKATA DOME NSX '03 around the Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo and I'm actually quite proud of this lap.

1'33.784
photo0099n.jpg

Track (direction) : Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo (Forward)
Laptime : 1'33.784
GTP ID : pvr77
Vehicule : Honda TAKATA DOME NSX '03
HP : 487
Tires : R1

My idea was to run 3 cars on this track, I wanted to do the Toyota WOODONE TOM'S SUPRA '03 and the Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '03 too but I didn't have time 'cause I had to go to a resort in the mountians with my in-laws :grumpy: but I snuck a few laps whenever I could :sly:

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E04.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Great job guys !

Dan360, your times have been updated in the website -not checked though but I'm sure they're ok ;)-

Great time you have here pvr77, I'll update the website ASAP ;) !

Thanks for your participation 👍 !

Here's the video of the Bugatti Veyron on Nurburgring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpaBO34feFA

.... Well.. good to know that you're in a top form for Nürburgring..

:bowdown: Dan360 ! What a lap :crazy: !

Now you're officially gtplanet's fastest psp driver at the 'Ring ! Congrats 👍 !

PS : What do we have to do to know your tuning :embarrassed: ? ;)

This should help a bit helpful https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=152532

The rest is up to practicing, practicing, and after you don't know how to learn more, practice some more!

:bowdown: Dan360 ! What a lap :crazy: !

Now you're officially gtplanet's fastest psp driver at the 'Ring ! Congrats 👍 !

PS : What do we have to do to know your tuning :embarrassed: ? ;)

Thanks easy!

Oh, and i'll tell you my tuning for free! It was soft stiff, about 2.5/3.5 camber, and -0.05/-0.10 toe (front/rear). I'm not a tuning expert, but I think this setup is good enough for the bumpy tracks, such as Nurburgring

Thanks for the heads up. 👍

Oh, and i'll tell you my tuning for free! It was soft stiff, about 2.5/3.5 camber, and -0.05/-0.10 toe (front/rear). I'm not a tuning expert, but I think this setup is good enough for the bumpy tracks, such as Nurburgring

Thank you very much 👍👍👍 !

Back