SRF ruins this game

• Thread starter Mattv81
  • 29 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its basically a cheat, everyone knows this. I like trophies because show your level of gaming skill. But the trophies in GT5 don't do this any more because of SRF, so they are worthless. If they really have to put this in for the people who aren't very good at this game, then at the very least they should disable trophies while its turned on.

You don't have to use it.
PD wants to cater to a wide range of people for maximum profit.
Which is why you can use an X1 to beat VW Lupos.

Don't use it. Prove to yourself you are a better racer than those that do!

Its basically a cheat, everyone knows this. I like trophies because show your level of gaming skill. But the trophies in GT5 don't do this any more because of SRF, so they are worthless. If they really have to put this in for the people who aren't very good at this game, then at the very least they should disable trophies while its turned on.
Or you could just not use it and furthermore not care about the size of other people's e-peen in relation to yours. Crazy idea, I know.

seems everyday, theres a retard that complains about this. Dont use it if it bothers u. I personally only used it to beat the Seb Voeb rally events, after about an hr of failing.

To each his own.

And the Sebastian Vettel Challenge ;)

I switched it off when I first got in a car in the game. It hasn't been on since. What's the big deal? I thought it was PD's way of selecting between beginner and professional physics like in GT5P?

I havent gotten there yet. Level 25 A-Spec and 23 B-Spec. Thats at lvl 30 right?

Yep.
Best to have:

TCS off
SKid Recovery ON
ABS 10
I also had Automatic Transmission so I could concentrate on the corners better.

Stop complaining, play the game and don't use it, I don't, never used it either.
Why do you even spend energy on this instead of enjoying the game your way?

Even though it says "skid recovery force" in the game?

doesn't matter, i'm just being pedantic :)

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:
When I see the word in game, I've always read "Skid Recovery".
I must be going blind from playing too much GT5.
Thank you for the much needed input 👍
But still :scared::scared:

Ok I agree it´s good for beginners but the sad thing is that you are faster with using this... I´ve never seen any racing game before in wich you were faster with driving aids...

I always thought that its the reward for fast lap times if you can handle a car without driving aids...

Ok I agree it´s good for beginners but the sad thing is that you are faster with using this... I´ve never seen any racing game before in wich you were faster with driving aids...

I always thought that its the reward for fast times if you can handle a car without driving aids...

It's not a real life driving aid though.
It's like boost in online races.

You all know that it can be forced to off in online races? Stop the moaning and enjoy the game for yourselves, stop wasting energy on this.

It´s not about online or something else... Gold in GT5 looses it´s "WOW I got gold" effect with this driving aid... In GT4 you can say "this guy golded everything, he´s a driving god"... In GT5 everybody can gold the game... seems nothing special anymore... Not good for the GT ego :D

I did not use it so far and I hope I will never use it... But I hope that PD made the game so that gold is possible in every event even without SRF...

Exactly, it's all about the egos of some people, and now they're hurt.. :)
Race against yourselves, who cares who got gold or not, really?

Its not really a driving aid. It is more like a replacement for the Standard Physics from GT5:P.

Even though it says "skid recovery force" in the game?

doesn't matter, i'm just being pedantic :)

You're very right:

IMG_0108.jpg

Does it only make that much of a difference on a wheel?

I've played all the Gran Turismo's, got mostly bronzes and silvers in licensing. I don't feel too much of a difference on my controller and I still get the same amount of Bronzes and Silvers.

It must be because you guys all drive American cars which suck ass without the SRF lmao.

Does it only make that much of a difference on a wheel?

I've played all the Gran Turismo's, got mostly bronzes and silvers. I don't feel too much of a difference on my controller and I still get the same amount of Bronzes and Silvers.

It must be because you guys all drive American cars which suck ass without the SRF lmao.

Nope, I hardly drive American cars unless I'm forced too.
I hate the understeer.
Although, there are some fantastic American cars.
Like the RM'd ZR1 for example.

I fail to see a reason to keep this thread open. There's plenty of other threads to whinge about certain aspects of the game, and this one has already degenerated into a few AUP violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back