What happend when you run out of gas or tire is completely gone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hot_cheese
  • 10 comments
  • 16,563 views
Messages
91
Messages
hot_cheese
I've never encounter this during long races, I also pit before it's too late. What exactly will happen when gas tanks is empty? Just stop and lose the race? Can you still drive the car when tires are completely gone?
 
I've never encounter this during long races, I also pit before it's too late. What exactly will happen when gas tanks is empty? Just stop and lose the race? Can you still drive the car when tires are completely gone?

you can "drive" it, but taking a corner becomes a challenge...

When your gas is gone, you'll do 50mph max (or kph)
 
If you run out of gas, your speed will be limited, it will go no further than 50mph.
 
Speed is limited to 60 kmh if you run out of gas, if the tires are gone you can still drive it, and its not that hard. B spec cant drive to save his life on bad tires though.
 
I let my tyres wear out on nurburg 4hour yesterday in a 22B
And while the front tyres had some life an back tyres were totally finished i had no grip car just wanted to spin even at 30mph lol
Once they were all evenly worn was much better but still needed changing
 
When tires are gone you handle like garbage. When you are out of gas well you never stop moving. You slap it on reserve and put around the track at 80kmh until you pit. This happened to me last night on the indy 500 i was playing real late and never took a break so I was kinda sleeping. Ill tell you this, its a pain to circle a track at 80km.
 
When tires are gone you handle like garbage. When you are out of gas well you never stop moving. You slap it on reserve and put around the track at 80kmh until you pit. This happened to me last night on the indy 500 i was playing real late and never took a break so I was kinda sleeping. Ill tell you this, its a pain to circle a track at 80km.

At least it was at Indy. Imagine running out at the Nurb, or at La Sarthe. And you are miles away from the pit too.
 
I've accidently Ran out of Fuel and worn tyres down to bear racing the FGT. it just limits you two 50Mph. And no blow outs ??? was there supposed to be blow outs originaly ? :odd:
 
My B-spec was doing the Indy endurance last night; he was going to pit, with only 1 lap left. I figured he would make it around the oval for one lap, so I canceled the pit, but too late, so he still pulled into the pits, and changed tires... but didn't put any fuel in! He got 3/4 of the way around the track before running out of fuel, and then coasted at 80km/h for the back straight to the finish. Good thing he was several laps ahead of everyone by then... And I seriously thought one of the passing cars would rear-end him at 350km/h!
 
I started out on Racing Mediums and on the last corner of the lap I was going to Pit at the Indy 500 the right rear tyre "ran out" and the car was pretty much uncontrollable. It was my first pit stop and I was in the lead by a couple of laps in the Minolta Toyota. By the time I had persuaded the car (very slowly!) to get into the Pits and do the stop and return to the action, I was in 7th place. Needless to say I was a little more cautious from then on pitting every 25 laps on Racing Softs safely.
 
Back