Course Maker Records

mattrules161
I am making this thread for a handy comparison of stats, and also to promote a bit of healthy competition. The basic idea is to have a set of tables with records for various categories, Number of turns, Longest straight, Elevation difference and of course Track Length in each theme. If anyone is interested in setting a record, what you would need is a picture showing the stats, and the categories entering for(include theme). Please put any attempts into the replies, starting with "RECORD"

RECORDS

TOSCANA (Tarmac)
NUMBER OF TURNS: 78 -- Turbogeit
ELEVATION DIFFERENCE: --
STEEPNESS: --
LONGEST STRAIGHT: --
LONGEST TRACK: 7.22 miles-- Turbogeit

EIFEL (Circuit)
NUMBER OF TURNS: --
ELEVATION DIFFERENCE: 600.9ft -- Mattrules161
LONGEST TRACK: 6.07 miles -- Iceman PJN

MT. ASO (Tarmac)
NUMBER OF TURNS: 37 -- Turbogeit
ELEVATION DIFFERENCE: 537ft -- Turbogeit
LONGEST TRACK: --

LIEGE (Gravel)
NUMBER OF TURNS: 101 -- SkylineFX
LONGEST TRACK: 7.54 miles -- Iceman PJN

ALASKA (Snow)

EIFEL (Kart)

TOKYO BAY (Kart)

Last edited:
Something good to add might be the highest (Height/Length), which should give an idea as to the steepness of a track.

Indeed, Mount Aso and Eifel give sometimes real steep climbs. I abandonned several tracks generated by the coursemaker because certain parts just were to steep (not interisting to have a straight on which a 150-200 hp can't get 100 Km/h or 60 miles/h).

A point to point update would make it possible to create great hill-climb tracks on Mount Aso.

Don't forget to create a field for the ID of the person who created the track.

I have added the length/height in a steepness field, and I plan to put the name of creator next to any record

For the purpose of explanation, i'll add a record of my own

RECORD

IMG_0304 by Mattrules161, on Flickr
Records entering for:
Eifel(Circuit):
Elevation Difference:600.9ft
Track length 5.61 miles

Last edited:
I have added the length/height in a steepness field, and I plan to put the name of creator next to any record

For the purpose of explanation, i'll add a record of my own

RECORD

IMG_0304 by Mattrules161, on Flickr
Records entering for:
Eifel(Circuit):
Elevation Difference:600.9ft
Track length 5.61 miles

HOLY DAMN!!!?
...but... How? Haha :)

I like! Must share, please!! :) May I add you to my PSN?

If I can remember to, I'll return with some records for length and number of turns, at least for Liege to be sure, and I suspect they'll go unchallenged. I know I've got some with ninety-some turns and several around 7.5 miles in length (not at the same time, though).

UPDATE:

RECORD
hpim1056a.jpg

Liege
longest track - 7.54 miles

Technically, that was created on an alternate profile registered for my dog, who was born in 1967. ;-) If we won't accept one made on an alternate ID, the longest created on mine follows.

RECORD
hpim1055a.jpg

Liege
longest track - 7.53 miles

RECORD
hpim1057a.jpg

Eifel (Circuit)
longest track - 6.07 miles

RECORD
hpim1058a.jpg

Toscana
longest track - 5.81 miles
turns - 45

RECORD
hpim1059a.jpg

Liege
turns - 96

I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures.

Last edited:
You need to:

1) Also express Miles with Km's e.g. 5.61 mi = 9.03 km (9028m) and vice versa
Mi--->Km = length x 1.6093 Km--->Mi = length x 0.621504

2) Feet to Metres e.g. 600.1 ft = 182.91 m and vice versa
Ft--->M = length x 0.3048 M--->Ft = length x 3.2808399

If courses are that close because of rounding to 2 decimal places, people can switch their measurement unit to 'ratify' whose is longer/higher

Edit: 96 turns? Stunned. 100 beckons...

Generally people would use the imperial-feet as it is standard in UK and USA, but if it comes to a tie metric could be used. I am also stunned...96 turns!

A new highest for number of turns... 98.
I kept looking through the tracks until it wouldn't let me generate any more. :eek:

Anyway, this is the most I've found.
DSCF0884.jpg

Guys, sorry for the (maybe) noob question: weren't we able to create a stage-like course (point-to-point)? I can't see from the course maker if I can do that...

Guys, sorry for the (maybe) noob question: weren't we able to create a stage-like course (point-to-point)? I can't see from the course maker if I can do that...

No, although pre-release screenshot showed that possibility, it doesn't figure in the actual version of the game.

Impatiently waiting for un update...

I can get you the screenshot by Wednesday, but on Mt. Aso, I have an elevation diff. of over 425 ft., and its around 5.6 miles

RECORD:

I believe this is a record for the number of turns in the Toscana-environment: 78 turns.

toscanatarmacrally.png

Last edited:
RECORD: (3 in total)

Here's another one: 7,22 miles in the Toscana environment, or: 11,627.5 meters.

frascati.png

37 turns and a huge elevation (537 ft) in Mount Aso

compexaso.png

Apparently, some guy called NeoXenzaka has/had a 99 turn Toscana course. I'm trying to add him now, hopefully he'll still have it up next Friday when I have the chance to download it.

I made a 96 corner Toscana course of length 9.24 km. Need to figure out how to post those images of the courses like you guys then I will post here.

I made a 96 corner Toscana course of length 9.24 km. Need to figure out how to post those images of the courses like you guys then I will post here.

1. Set your track online,
2. look at it via your computer on the GT5 website,
3. take a screenshot
4. host it (ex. imageshack)
5. put a link to the image in your post.

By the way, I have the impression that things have changed since the 1.06 upgrade and that it is no longer possible to build certain types of tracks (ex. 11+ km tracks in the Toscana environment)

After the patch, I was able to up my previous track to a new record.

I consistently get upwards of 106 turns.
topspeedwaithuh.jpg

Last edited:
Back