GT5 Email Survery

• Thread starter Vesartis
  • 31 comments
Vesartis
So I got an official email from Playstation asking if I wanted to take a GT5 survey.

Anyone else get this? Picture

The questions seem to be about your progress through the game and time spent playing, as well as your favorite events. There are also questions about your age group and stuff like that. Let's hope this somehow helps GT5 better.

I think all of GTP would like to be in on this, based on all the complaints that have been going around.

Very interesting... I wonder what this is about... Surveys are usually used in times when potential changes aren't so obvious... PD is getting lots of metrics from our playing anyway... as we all know even navigating the menus will hang up if you started your game with an open network connection and it suddenly quits working...

I wonder what criteria they are using to select who gets these... Are you online or do you play offline mostly?

Very interesting... I wonder what this is about... Surveys are usually used in times when potential changes aren't so obvious... PD is getting lots of metrics from our playing anyway... as we all know even navigating the menus will hang up if you started your game with an open network connection and it suddenly quits working...

I wonder what criteria they are using to select who gets these... Are you online or do you play offline mostly?

If by online, you mean always connected and signed in, then yes I am online. I don't play in online lobbies too much though.

I am nothing special, so I assume more people will get these soon. Maybe GT Academy partipation has something to do with it. Who knows?

hopfully they will use this info to improve gt5 and not use it for gt6!

Isn't that the truth. It could head them in the right direction for DLC and patches. Heck this whole site is a survey. They can keep reading like they do anyways. They just need to read beyond the first page on some of the topics. The game would be near perfect if they troll this site thoroughly.

I got the survey. I think they sent it out to people who are involved in the Playstation GT5 forum, which I used to be until they took a dump on it.

Nope, but I wish they would.

The simple fact that the are sending out tells me they understand that GT5 was not "perfect".

hopfully they will use this info to improve gt5 and not use it for gt6!

Hopefully they actually use this information and it's not just a ploy to make you feel like your opinion matters and provide endless hope and foundation for illogical rationalization and defense later on (ie actions matter less than words and we see "the game can't suck becuase Sony based it on our input, they said so in their survey")

I got the survey. I think they sent it out to people who are involved in the Playstation GT5 forum, which I used to be until they took a dump on it.

I used to try posting there but it's the worst gaming forum that I've personally ever been to; at least among forums of any real size (thousands of active users). They're far too strict about what you can and cannot make any sort of mention of, and if you make a reference to a non-PlayStation game even if just as an illustration to a point, that's a stoning offense. Microsoft isn't like that, as it's perfectly fine to make non-Xbox references on their official forums, at least as long as it's somehow relevant. Sony had an absurd word filter, too, and it at one point wouldn't even allow me to use the word "cockpit", and if I did something like plug a dot in there to get it to post my post got deleted for censor bypassing, even though the word is unquestionably non-offensive.

JGW
The simple fact that the are sending out tells me they understand that GT5 was not "perfect".

Sony is probably disappointed in sales and saw that they weren't even close to meeting their goals. And for some reason they probably think that the title is still salvageable enough to grow a larger community instead of just niche players on GTP.

This survey is probably just a way to get feedback from people who have had play the game. Community feedback is important in making a better game and it seems like they failed to listen the first time around.

I'm not going to turn this into another complaint thread, but knowing that GT5 was never going to live up to the hype, I still wouldn't have expected it to land this far off the mark.

can someone post the link the e-mail takes you too if you click "take the survey"?

Can't do it. I keep getting this link since I already took the survey and I can't copy the original link.

Help Gran Turismo® 5 Stay on Top of Its Game You certainly know your way around the tracks. That's why we want you to share your views
about Gran Turismo 5. The survey will only take 5–10 minutes to finish. Your opinions may change the way new games are created.

Thank you for your time,
PlayStation®Network

http://vp-nri.com/take/errors/english/alreadyanswered.htm

I hope player input/suggestions don't ruin the GT series. It's been fine all this time without input...

and you guys come up with CRAAAZYYYYYY input. Very unrealistic.

They should have done something like that before the game came out... Didn't they had some beta testers?

Don't get me wrong, the game is great, but with a few small tweaks it could have been much better. (Great physics but not so great presentation...)

Last edited:
I've been in the top 10 multiple times in GT5 TT's, golded everything except for some enduros. Level 35A 20 something B. Signature edition owner. Massive online lobby host. No email :(

Judging by the ignorance on these forums regarding driving and general GT5 duties I'd hate to see what people are suggesting to 'better' the game

I've been in the top 10 multiple times in GT5 TT's, golded everything except for some enduros. Level 35A 20 something B. Signature edition owner. Massive online lobby host. No email :(

Judging by the ignorance on these forums regarding driving and general GT5 duties I'd hate to see what people are suggesting to 'better' the game

You must be something special to be that good in GT5, they should've sent the survey only to you. :indiff: 👍

I got the survey as well.

Back