::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 6 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,116 comments

Did you hear about the man who lost his whole left side?

• Total voters
Dupe it. Copy your save to a USB stick, send it to Masi, then restore your save. Then you'll both have one. It's cheating, but the thing is so ridiculously hard to get a hold, if we're going to use it we need more in circulation.

Dupe it. Copy your save to a USB stick, send it to Masi, then restore your save. Then you'll both have one. It's cheating, but the thing is so ridiculously hard to get a hold, if we're going to use it we need more in circulation.

is that posible? :drool: :dopey:

I really hate this possibilitie.

Now our cars aren't as rare as they use to be. :grumpy:

My MOTUL isn't in those pictures! :-p

Just a small update from me.. Passed my 2nd to last exam at uni yesterday and heading for a extended weekend trip to Germany, so I won't compete in this pre-season round. Going to spend my last 2 days here with WRS qualifier.

Good luck guys, have fun! 👍

Qualifying was awesome last night! A much better and much more fun way of qualifying. :)👍

I'll test the Silvia and IS200 aswell and compare it to the other newer gt300 cars we have added to the standard 4. 👍

its cheating (thats y i dont do it lol) but yes it works

plus i dont have the mazda, i have the TOYOTA ALTEZZA Touring car (sorry)

It's cheating, but if we're going to use some of these cars then we're probably going to have to do it a bit, unless everybody wants to sit cycling the Used Car Lot for two hours to find an Atenza like I just had to (at least I could watch NBA at the same time:)).

It sucks, but I blame PD for making the game in a stupid fashion. If we had proper access to used cars it wouldn't come up. That said, I personally only use it to send cars to others. I find I pay more attention to the cars I buy if I spend more time earning the money.

Just did a bit of set up for on my Nismo Z got it to 1:46.580. add just presure to live qualifying (add second) and i should be inconention for Div1 if everything goes to plan lol

CopyofPea_Island000_04_17_10.jpg

Lives: Virginia, USA
Lives with: My wife, dog, and kids
School: local university
Major: Graphic Design
Work: Graphic Designer
1 interesting fact: in the picture, no i didnt make the landing and yes this is how i broke my leg (the water ended up being less than 2ft deep). If i'm not playing gt or hanging out with the family, then you'll find me at the beach. during a trip to italy a few years ago, stopped in maranello for the day to check the museum and everything out. got lucky and watched GT2 spec 430 testing at Firano for a few hours from a dead end street. the track runs only a couple feet from the houses, its crazy.
Favorite motor-sport and why: Formula 1 (leading edge of technology), Le Mans(mechanical/physical endurace and night racing), and WRC (requires balls of steel and driving technique more than car performance since all the cars are pretty much even)
When and how did you get into Gran Turismo: Since the beginning with GT1...it was our way of driving cars before we had our driver's permit.
Real Life Racing Background: Started with borrowing my dad's 1990 civic hatch w/ some performance upgrades and my gma's 1990 MR2 back in '99 to race my cousin on the local back roads. They had to have known that something was up. Driven carts for years at the local tracks. Ran local autocross with a 92 mazda 626, 92 civic hatch, 03 miata, 92 supra, 09 corvette Z06, 98 M3. Looking to get the supra to VIR and run some real track days but it costs big time $$$$. Really want to run some rally but schools cost even more $$$$.
Car History: unfortunately not that exciting...90 civic hatch, 89 toyota pickup, 92 mazda 626, 06 toyota 4runner

Last edited:
Just saw in my UCD

Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S `00
295BHP (without oil change)
Weight 1125kg

Price 198,842

is that worthy of a gt300 (it is a gt300 car by the way lol)

Just did a bit of set up for on my Nismo Z got it to 1:46.580. add just presure to live qualifying (add second) and i should be inconention for Div1 if everything goes to plan lol

i was thinking the same thing...i was running in the low 1:47s yesterday in biffy's lobby but live qualifying really puts the pressure on to do it on demand

Just saw in my UCD

Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S `00
295BHP (without oil change)
Weight 1125kg

Price 198,842

is that worthy of a gt300 (it is a gt300 car by the way lol)

I tested that last week. You have to shift way before redline to be on the power curve. Similar pace of a Celica. Slower than the ARTA and RX-7 but faster than the Impreza and IS350.

I'll put some times up in a bit so you can see. :)👍

I tested that last week. You have to shift way before redline to be on the power curve. Similar pace of a Celica. Slower than the ARTA and RX-7 but faster than the Impreza and IS350.

I'll put some times up in a bit so you can see. :)👍

The Celica is devastatingly faster than everything else for me. I've only been testing at Monza so far though.

I agree with your assesment of the MR-S though. It's decent, middle of the pack. Not outstanding, but good. It's not the fastest but it does handle beautifully. In the hands of the right driver it could win races. I think it'd be a lovely car on Suzuka or Nurb GP, all those sweeping corners.

Tested on Nurburgring GP/F.

All cars are oil changed with stock suspension/drivetrain. I think the IS350 and the Impreza are the only ones with the engines brokem in properly.

Car - HP - Weight - Time - Top speed on home straight - Mods

ARTA - 345 --- 1175 -- 2'01.736 - 143
RX-7 -- 330 -- 1100 - 2'01.754 - 144
Celica - 321 -- 1050 - 2'01.972 - 144
MR-S -- 315 -- 1125 - 2'02.119 - 143
IS350 - 333 -- 1150 - 2'02.573 - 141
Impreza - 333 - 1100 - 2'02.839 - 141

Silvia - 311 - 1150 - 2'06.527 - 140
Silvia - 360 - 1150 - 2'04.361 - 145 - Stage 2 turbo
IS200 - 330 -1010 - 2'06.974 - 143 - Stage 3 turbo

The Silvia understeers a lot so I had to take 10 downforce off of the rear.
The IS200 is a nice car, just can't keep up (like Imari said).

I'm not sure why rigidity improvement isn't allowed for the Impreza either. I find the IS350 much better than it. Anyone agree?

By the way. If anyone has an Mazda Atenza touring car, if you feel comfortable add me on PSN send me the car, I'll test it and include it with these times, then I'll send it you back. :)

Last edited:
Surprised at the bad Silvia lap times! Would have thought it'd be competitive since (I think?) it's a JGTC GT300 car :\

Surprised at the bad Silvia lap times! Would have thought it'd be competitive since (I think?) it's a JGTC GT300 car :\

Same. If I remember rightly, it was just about on par with the MR-S in GT4.

But without that stage 2 turbo (which isn't actually much better than the stage 1) it was only doing 105 mph before the S's (after the hairpin at the bottom) on Nurb/GP. It sounds good though. :D

The Celica is devastatingly faster than everything else for me. I've only been testing at Monza so far though.

Ya the Celica is pretty good down straights. Did a few more laps with it on Nurb and managed to do a 2'01.5xx. Then again if I did a few more laps with the RX-7 and ARTA I'm sure I could beat that aswell. :P I would say the Celica is probably the nicer car to drive, followed by the RX-7 then the ARTA. However, they're all setting a similar pace. Depends on people's driving style and preferences though.

Last edited:
Qualify room be open today at all? Practice at minimum?

If not with in 2 hours I will be opening a practice room, will post number. Gotta chase that 1:46......soooooo close.

i sent the atenza touring car to massi (or mazda 6 touring car). i tested it stock but is slow. maybe some improvement make it faster

If not with in 2 hours I will be opening a practice room, will post number. Gotta chase that 1:46......soooooo close.

i will join ive had a day off work so im just sitting watching films lol

Ya the Celica is pretty good down straights. Did a few more laps with it on Nurb and managed to do a 2'01.5xx. Then again if I did a few more laps with the RX-7 and ARTA I'm sure I could beat that aswell. :P I would say the Celica is probably the nicer car to drive, followed by the RX-7 then the ARTA. However, they're all setting a similar pace. Depends on people's driving style and preferences though.

Yeah, I'm going to take what I said back. It WAS devastatingly faster, but a bit more practise and I was matching the times in the RX7. If I can match in the RX7, it can probably be done in the Garaiya as well.

I've got an Atenza, but I've burned my trade for today. I'll send you a duped one tomorrow.

I'll be there! 👍

Back