::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 6 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,116 comments

Did you hear about the man who lost his whole left side?

• Total voters
Surprised at the bad Silvia lap times! Would have thought it'd be competitive since (I think?) it's a JGTC GT300 car :\

Read the description on the Silvia if you've got one. It's always had problems with massive understeer, it's a "feature". To the extent that it's got bigger tyres on the front than the back.

Not to mention, it sounds like the bastard love-child of an iMiev and a lawnmower. It sounds cool for a bit, but you really, really don't want to listen to that for 20+ laps.

Just did a bit of set up for on my Nismo Z got it to 1:46.580. add just presure to live qualifying (add second) and i should be inconention for Div1 if everything goes to plan lol

I think this new format might put too much pressure, for sure much more presure and deciding than the race itself. No room for a single mistake.

I have not driven a lot at Monza yet but tried a little yesterday. Takes forever to get some temp in the tires, so its really only the last lap where you can put in a competitive time. Also, the chicanes are crucial and how much curb is taken. Fine line between a good time and being out due to penelty. Looked at the curb paint too, and they are very dirty, so its not obvious what is curb and not.

Never been a fan of the high speed tracks such as Monza or La Sarthe. Imposible to get any sort of rythm into the driving. Don't expect a good result.

Setup on my car wasn't perfect yesterday. Wish i waited for wednesday, done a few more tweaks and got a clean lap in my lounge and ended up this time.

monza10.jpg

Setup on my car wasn't perfect yesterday. Wish i waited for wednesday, done a few more tweaks and got a clean lap in my lounge and ended up this time.

monza10.jpg

wish i could get a time like that :) although since i talked to you yesterday and i started tuning ive got my laptime considerably down but wether i can do it under pressure we will see.

Tested on Nurburgring GP/F.

All cars are oil changed with stock suspension/drivetrain. I think the IS350 and the Impreza are the only ones with the engines brokem in properly.

Car - HP - Weight - Time - Top speed on home straight - Mods

ARTA - 345 --- 1175 -- 2'01.736 - 143
RX-7 -- 330 -- 1100 - 2'01.754 - 144
Celica - 321 -- 1050 - 2'01.972 - 144
MR-S -- 315 -- 1125 - 2'02.119 - 143
IS350 - 333 -- 1150 - 2'02.573 - 141
Impreza - 333 - 1100 - 2'02.839 - 141

Silvia - 311 - 1150 - 2'06.527 - 140
Silvia - 360 - 1150 - 2'04.361 - 145 - Stage 2 turbo
IS200 - 330 -1010 - 2'06.974 - 143 - Stage 3 turbo

The Silvia understeers a lot so I had to take 10 downforce off of the rear.
The IS200 is a nice car, just can't keep up (like Imari said).

I'm not sure why rigidity improvement isn't allowed for the Impreza either. I find the IS350 much better than it. Anyone agree?

By the way. If anyone has an Mazda Atenza touring car, if you feel comfortable add me on PSN send me the car, I'll test it and include it with these times, then I'll send it you back. :)

yes i agree with all of that, the silvia is a lot slower and understeers a huge amount of time i tried it on monza chicanes are a nightmare.

i also like the mr-s but i just got the garaiya doin decent lap times for me and it just looks awsome.

I think this new format might put too much pressure, for sure much more presure and deciding than the race itself. No room for a single mistake.

I have not driven a lot at Monza yet but tried a little yesterday. Takes forever to get some temp in the tires, so its really only the last lap where you can put in a competitive time. Also, the chicanes are crucial and how much curb is taken. Fine line between a good time and being out due to penelty. Looked at the curb paint too, and they are very dirty, so its not obvious what is curb and not.

Never been a fan of the high speed tracks such as Monza or La Sarthe. Imposible to get any sort of rythm into the driving. Don't expect a good result.
practice sessions are very different compared to the new online qualifications ... the fear of making a mistake and ruin all the race weekend... creates a very strong pressure .....

I don't mean to throw a wrench into the works here, but what about the Mazda 6 Touring car. Mine came with 1700 miles and 320hp. It weighs in at 1070kg.

Just sayin....

Onother think: in which lap u find the best lap?? Remember we have just 3 laps..not long to bring the tires at the right temperature ....

monza10.jpg

Care to share the set up? I still have no clue if my setup is close, so it leaves unsure to drive the car different or look for changes in behavior via chassis.

:(

Just wondering, with the addition of new cars to the list are the current drivers going to be able to switch vehicles if they want to?

Care to share the set up? I still have no clue if my setup is close, so it leaves unsure to drive the car different or look for changes in behavior via chassis.

:(

i dont really now what im doing changing things and i doubt he will let us know his secrets lol. maybe after the race not before.

although i just half a sec faster cos i didnt notice my oil had gone bad. So changed it.

Onother think: in which lap u find the best lap?? Remember we have just 3 laps..not long to bring the tires at the right temperature ....

I didn't find the tyre temps mean that much in Monza. The tyre temps seemed to go high fast and keep in good temps for the q laps.

Ran 10 laps with Mazda6 Touring car, it was 3 seconds slower than my Subaru. I made a few changes to the LSD and lowered the ride height but that was it....

Does anyone else have this car?

i dont think non jgtc cars schall be legal in gt300 like the mazda 6 touring car because if you do that it is more a gt series then a super gt series
i have a practice room upon just add me on psn

I didn't find the tyre temps mean that much in Monza. The tyre temps seemed to go high fast and keep in good temps for the q laps.

Tyre temperature is always important. I drove 6 laps around Monza in practice and they were still not fully heated.

What can i change on my LSD to get a better lap time. I tuned the rst of my stuff to my likeing but i dunno what to change on my diff. help would be appreciated.

Hey fellars, can you all send me some dupes of the following: MRS, Silvia, and the IS200

Would like to conduct my own testing.

Is there a faster way to cycle the UCD? Ive been doing the 'load a track' technique. It takes about 1'20 per cycle (3 rows in UCD).

Hey fellars, can you all send me some dupes of the following: MRS, Silvia, and the IS200

Would like to conduct my own testing.

Is there a faster way to cycle the UCD? Ive been doing the 'load a track' technique. It takes about 1'20 per cycle (3 rows in UCD).

i can send you a RAZO C-West silvia if you accept my friend request on ps3

I can send you the IS200 or MRS. Careful with the IS200 though, its my baby :(

Also not sure if I will be able to make the race on Friday btw, will let you know by thursday.

Hello, I will be able to sign up for the GT300, if all the events are on a day other than Saturday or Sunday night. If so I will compete.

Thanks fellars, wont be home In 2 hours though. We'll see about it then.

@ JaiAE86 - races will be on Fridays

Very surprised that I'm the third fastest (for now), considering I felt so under pressure. What is taunting is that I could of been a second faster as well :indiff:

Just shows what a little turbo can do :D

Very surprised that I'm the third fastest (for now), considering I felt so under pressure. What is taunting is that I could of been a second faster as well :indiff:

Just shows what a little turbo can do :D

I hear ya.. I didn't realize it was changed from DeLa Sarthe to Monza until yesterday morning.. just didn't see it in the thread I guess lol. Got about 10 minutes of online practice in and ran almost a full second faster then than in qualifying :crazy:

Back